Turn on thread page Beta

What is the fastest growing religion in the world? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    would u rather be an alchoholic and called a muslim or be sober and called a muslim ... forget religions .. alchohol jus screws ppl up

I'd rather be an alcoholic than a muslim

MB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    Its attitudes like that which stop the religion moving forward!
    How can a religion move forward, when you have unwavering faith in a book which you believe is god's unaltered words delivered through holy means? You can't just abandon those things. It's at that point you say "Uh this is outdated, perhaps it's not relevant to me or my life."

ReputationRep:
    no it wouldnt ... muhammed didnt say he was last until he got the revelation from god ..... the quran was revealead to him ... hence Moses , christ muhammed and one more ( i think david , we call him Daoud in arabic dialect ) are called messengers ... the other 3 werent told they were the last , muhammad was
    God just told me he was kidding, and I'm the last prophet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fishpaste)

As they say, great minds think alike.

MB

ReputationRep:
    as i said , if ur faith is strong u wont get pulled into believing sumone who says sumthing like that .

ReputationRep:
    They're simply not Muslims.
    I think that you have to except when somebody says they are a Muslim that does not = homophobic or whatever else. We could stay here all day arguing whether they are a Muslim and plenty of people do for days/months/years. Different people are Muslims to different degrees. Some pray 5 times a day some don't some think its okay to beat their wives some don't. There simply is no 'Textbook Muslim'.

In conclusion, its as productive as the which religion is right argument. We'll never know in our own lifetimes. Like those old posters used to say we'll have to agree to disagree. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    would u rather be an alchoholic and called a muslim or be sober and called a muslim ... forget religions .. alchohol jus screws ppl up
    True, you should tell that the binge drinkers, clubs and pubs that supply alcohol, they are costing the UK economy millions it could be billions!!!

ReputationRep:
    I resent that. I think that blindly following what some person or book tells you to do will screw you up far more than having a few pints with your mates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    True, you should tell that the binge drinkers, clubs and pubs that supply alcohol, they are costing the UK economy millions it could be billions!!!
    screwing up their livers at the same time too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pegasus)
    I think that you have to except when somebody says they are a Muslim that does not = homophobic or whatever else. We could stay here all day arguing whether they are a Muslim and plenty of people do for days/months/years. Different people are Muslims to different degrees. Some pray 5 times a day some don't some think its okay to beat their wives some don't. There simply is no 'Textbook Muslim'.

In conclusion, its as productive as the which religion is right argument. We'll never know in our own lifetimes. Like those old posters used to say we'll have to agree to disagree. :rolleyes:
    Naw! To declare you are a Muslim is to say "I believe there is no god but Allah, and muhammed is his messenger." To accept the instructions and teachings of the quran without question. It's not like other religions. It's far far more simplistic.

ReputationRep:
    as i said , if ur faith is strong u wont get pulled into believing sumone who says sumthing like that .
    Blind faith is dumb, don't you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by musicboy)
    As they say, great minds think alike.

MB
    *high fives*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    I resent that. I think that blindly following what some person or book tells you to do will screw you up far more than having a few pints with your mates.
    i dont drink coz a book tells me to , chck out pics of alchoholics livers on the net , trust me ull change ur mind .. and ask ur doc for an opinion on it ... lesse if he aslo agrees with u

ReputationRep:
    Blind faith is dumb, don't you think?
    mine isnt blind ... i base it on wat i believe in and think is rite ... i mite be wrong and end up in hell ... but i wouldnt sacrafice my religion or beliefs for anything

ReputationRep:
    mine isnt blind ... i base it on wat i believe in and think is rite ... i mite be wrong and end up in hell ... but i wouldnt sacrafice my religion or beliefs for anything
    It's blind because you believe Mohammed's statement that he was the last prophet to be more valid than mine.

ReputationRep:
    It's blind because you believe Mohammed's statement that he was the last prophet to be more valid than mine.
    well we'll jus have to agree ot disagree then on the topic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AntiMagicMan)
    LOL.

OK, lets see all the problem that can casued by drinking:

Road accidents
    Fights
    Crime, etc the list goes on

So how much screw up is that then? Well on the other hand a holy book NEVER tells you to do a bad things and if it does such as killing somebody in self-defence, also this depends upon the circumstances. Its all judged by GOD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    LOL.

killing somebody in self-defence, also this depends upon the circumstances.
    tht too isnt really mentioned in the book i think , but u have to use ur head .... if u feel it is rite then u should do it ... ultimately it all comes down to god and his judgement ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s43)
    LOL.

OK, lets see all the problem that can casued by drinking:

Road accidents
    Fights
    Crime, etc the list goes on

So how much screw up is that then? Well on the other hand a holy book NEVER tells you to do a bad things and if it does such as killing somebody in self-defence, also this depends upon the circumstances. Its all judged by GOD.
    Actually, religion has been used to condone various persecution, murders, torture, genocides. It is probably the most dangerous thing in history. It is not harmless.

Besides, why the hell pit Alcohol Vs Islam? That's dumb. It's not like they're mutually exclusive.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=fishpaste]Actually, religion has been used to condone various persecution, murders, torture, genocides. It is not harmless.
    [QUOTE]

no religion would ever condone crimes ... its the fukced up follweres like saddam etc who manipulate it to do so ....

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.