The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Incase you hadn't noticed, certain things clearly needed clearing up. However, they now have.

I'm basically vegan. However, uni may have to see that change.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Reply 61
Hello All.
I hope everything is all okay now!!
:frown:
I am still as sorry to those i offended and still as thankful to those who felt the need to back up my point.
At the end of the day you are all ACE and i hope there are NO hard feelings!!!!
:smile:

Roxy
xx
roxyroo
Hello All.
I hope everything is all okay now!!
:frown:
I am still as sorry to those i offended and still as thankful to those who felt the need to back up my point.
At the end of the day you are all ACE and i hope there are NO hard feelings!!!!
:smile:

Roxy
xx

Shut up Roxy! :p:

Cassie - there are no issues. It's obvious no one has a problem with Dan, we're just trying to mantain a positive atmosphere before uni starts :smile: . Though why should you have to change your diet for uni?
Reply 63
Haha this is too funny! An argument created fae cheese eh? Personally a dinna like cheese ! Its ****in horrible...a only like it when its oan pizza or cheese on toast!

Let's kick start the ****in party folks!! Roll on freshers week and forget aboot the bloody cheese!! Its mingin anyhoo
Reply 64
Well, a vegan diet is quite expensive to maintain - is that why Cassie?

I'd quite like to go vegetarian - not because of the morality of it but because I'm not that fond of meat but my mum won't let me not eat it here!

Aw Haris why do you hate such a nutritious foodstuff!
Haris surely if you wanna avoid talking about cheese then this isn't the thread for you...
Reply 66
Oh God, not this again. Once again: Everyone has an opinion, and personally I like Haris's a hell of a lot more than anyone elses.

If you lot can talk about how much you 'love' cheese, expect some back lash and accept others will post in here saying they don't. Seriously, just let people have their bloody opinions.
CassieKins
Oh God, not this again. Once again: Everyone has an opinion, and personally I like Haris's a hell of a lot more than anyone elses.

If you lot can talk about how much you 'love' cheese, expect some back lash and accept others will post in here saying they don't. Seriously, just let people have their bloody opinions.

I have no problem with him saying he doesn't like cheese, he's entitled to his opinion as you said.
But he wants to not talk about cheese in a thread designed for just that purpose ie take it off topic and break forum rules.
I don't see why you're getting so worked up over it and feel the need to keep reading this thread if you don't like it
Reply 68
Okay, so are you suggesting if people were discussing how they do not agree with America invading Iraq, and someone came in and said "Actually I do agree" this would be wrong? As that is exactly the same case, but with something more worth while than cheese.

I'm not worked up, I'm far from it. Trust me.
CassieKins
Okay, so are you suggesting if people were discussing how they do not agree with America invading Iraq, and someone came in and said "Actually I do agree" this would be wrong? As that is exactly the same case, but with something more worth while than cheese.

I'm not worked up, I'm far from it. Trust me.

Did you even read my post? I said i agree that he has the right to his own opinion and i don't have a problem with him doing that but using the cheese thread to talk about freshers week is against the rules, especially when we already have 3 threads on that subject.

You must be getting worked up if you always feel the need to complain about what people post here and when we try and keep the rules from being broken.
Reply 70
Firstly, arguably Roxy is breaking the rules by posting about cheese in the Aberdeen uni thread, but oh well.

Secondly, I really can't be bothered with this crap anymore.
Yes, possibly she is but they haven't moved it to chat so that's up to the mods.

Good, please stop then.
Reply 72
CHEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE!!!

Everyone shut up.

If you like cheese post here.

If you don't then you can say so but in a civil manner and discuss why you don't - since forums and threads are about discussions and people can say why they like it!

Now if ANYONE is going to keep pointlessly arguing then **** off. Like I said earlier why are you just causing yourself grief. LET IT GO!

What type of cheese is best for home made macaroni(sp?)?
Reply 73
^ You do know how to make a proper cheese sauce right?

Best to use a combination of two cheeses for extra flavour - maybe some mature cheddar as the base cheese and chuck in some parmesan or some other cheese. Add plenty of fresh ground pepper too.

And always grate plenty on top so it goes crispy in the oven :biggrin:
dd1989

Best to use a combination of two cheeses for extra flavour - maybe some mature cheddar as the base cheese and chuck in some parmesan or some other cheese. Add plenty of fresh ground pepper too.

I'm hopeless at making cheese sauce, isn't it milk and flour? :s-smilie:
Reply 75
^ Depends how you make it, some people melt butter and stir in flour, then add the milk. I usually just heat milk with some cornflour and then chuck in cheese.
Reply 76
dd1989

I never knew that! We can relate this to Aberdeen uni - undergrads teaching each other how to cook and stay alive at uni! :cool:

Thanks dd :biggrin: You got anymore cooking tips?? :biggrin:
Reply 77
haha, many, but it requires spending years in kitchen with my mum to learn :P
You have to show me some basics dude! I suck so badly at cooking!
Reply 79
oh my god.
have you all lost your minds!!
This is INSANE.. It has gone too far and people are taking others comments too personally!

Sarah - I was vegetarian for a while!
Hairs - Cheese on toast a on pizza is AMAZING!!
Smilernuts - You are SO loyal, thank you!!
:smile::smile:

Roxy
x

Latest

Trending

Trending