Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    whats wrong with a bit of cheesy pop every now and then?!

Life would get very depressing if it wasn't around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BloodyValentine)
    I'm just trying to educate these people
    I think they need God - and quick too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    whats wrong with a bit of cheesy pop every now and then?!

Life would get very depressing if it wasn't around
    Cheesy pop is awful music made with the sole purpose of shifting records and its obsessed with image. I think boybands/ any artist really that appears on a kids tv show should not be allowed to make music (they don't anyway they warble into a mike to get brainless teens to buy their **** which is not music)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    I think they need God - and quick too!
    I think that's a position I could quite easily fill. My first act is to consign Busted to hell = a room where only their records are playing non stop

ReputationRep:
    Cheesy pop is awful music made with the sole purpose of shifting records and its obsessed with image. I think boybands/ any artist really that appears on a kids tv show should not be allowed to make music (they don't anyway they warble into a mike to get brainless teens to buy their **** which is not music)
    So if any band who appear on kids TV shouldn't ba allowed to make music.....then are you saying kids shouldn't be allowed music?

I agree about boybands, pop groups etc who don't write/produce their own music

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lupin Loopy)
    So if any band who appear on kids TV shouldn't ba allowed to make music.....then are you saying kids shouldn't be allowed music?

I agree about boybands, pop groups etc who don't write/produce their own music
    No kids shouldn't be allowed to listen to bad music made in the sole interest of making money

ReputationRep:
    No kids shouldn't be allowed to listen to bad music made in the sole interest of making money
    Sadly, we're in a world where EVERYTHING is about making money.

ReputationRep:
    Thats the most retarded thing Ive ever heard.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Thats the most retarded thing Ive ever heard.
    It wasn't serious... weslife/busted/mcfly should really be consigned to the pits of hell

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't serious... weslife/busted/mcfly should really be consigned to the pits of hell
    Why? Youre simply one of these close minded people who probably only listens to the bands you do because theyre 'hardcore' even though you probably dont even like them that much..

ReputationRep:
    Why? Youre simply one of these close minded people who probably only listens to the bands you do because theyre 'hardcore' even though you probably dont even like them that much..
    Not true i listen to lots of music different kinds of music because i like it. I happen to hate superficial bands like Busted which make pathetic songs about air hostesses

ReputationRep:
    Not true i listen to lots of music different kinds of music because i like it. I happen to hate superficial bands like Busted which make pathetic songs about air hostesses
    What do you mean by superficial?

ReputationRep:
    I think that's a position I could quite easily fill. My first act is to consign Busted to hell = a room where only their records are playing non stop
    I wonder if they actually like their own music. Most 18 year old boys I know hate the stuff, I wonder if they can really be the exception to it, or if they're cringing inside when they sing it, but doing it for the fame and adulation (and who wouldn't?!?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I wonder if they actually like their own music. Most 18 year old boys I know hate the stuff, I wonder if they can really be the exception to it, or if they're cringing inside when they sing it, but doing it for the fame and adulation (and who wouldn't?!?)
    Well eyebrows is apparently into edgy indie stuff (Sonic Youth, Fugazi) and is going to leave Busted and play full time with his other band who are currently doing the rounds in various london flea pit venues....

I also heard that one of them is a huge Discordance Axis fan...but that would be too wierd...

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Babyshambles]Well eyebrows is apparently into edgy indie stuff (Sonic Youth, Fugazi) and is going to leave Busted and play full time with his other band who are currently doing the rounds in various london flea pit venues....

QUOTE]

Yup, have heard that too. I'm not sure if it's true or not though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you just love to sneak up on him when he's asleep, put one of those huge wax strip things across his eyebrows and just pull them all off. Ahhh causing pain to a member of busted is a soothing thought

ReputationRep:
    You realise the majority of bands write songs about total crap? Name 15 bands you listen to and Ill tell you which ones write about *******s and which dont..

ReputationRep:
    You realise the majority of bands write songs about total crap? Name 15 bands you listen to and Ill tell you which ones write about *******s and which dont..
    Deal but i want 15 bands off you

My Bloody Valentine
    The Strokes
    Modest Mouse
    Mooney Suzuki
    Kings of Leon
    The Delays
    The Rapture
    Franz Ferdinand
    Oasis
    Scissor Sisters
    The Dandy Warhols
    The Chemical Brothers
    The Beatles
    The Cardigans
    The Beta Band

I realise they may not write about brilliant things however in my opinion they are all far superior to Busted

Mod Expression - Language Violation - Post Amended

ReputationRep:
    Deal but i want 15 bands off you

My Bloody Valentine
    The Strokes
    Modest Mouse
    Mooney Suzuki
    Kings of Leon
    The Delays
    The Rapture
    Franz Ferdinand
    Oasis
    Scissor Sisters
    The Dandy Warhols
    The Chemical Brothers
    The Beatles
    The Cardigans
    The Beta Band

I realise they may not write about brilliant things however in my opinion they are all far superior to Busted

I love Franz Ferdinand but you have to admit that some of their songs are just an excuse for a catchy riff just as much as Busted's songs are an excuse for a catchy tune

Mod Expression - Language (in Quotation) Violation - Post Amended

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I love Franz Ferdinand but you have to admit that some of their songs are just an excuse for a catchy riff just as much as Busted's songs are an excuse for a catchy tune
    Catchy tune by some teenagers who just bounce around on stage and do moody magazine pics for the benefit of teenage girls.
    Anyway I'm going to bed now and i'm leaving for Germany tomorrow to work in a Natural park where i can listen to my music to my heart's content

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 8, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.