Turn on thread page Beta

Have you been bullied? watch

• View Poll Results: Have you been bullied? (poll)
    Yes, badly.
    25.15%
    Yes, but not that badly.
    42.33%
    No.
    20.86%
    I was the bully. Haha.
    3.68%
    Been and have bullied.
    7.98%

ReputationRep:
    yes. from year 6 till year 11 not been college yet so i'll wait and see. i didnt tell the teachers coz even when i did they told off the person but he carried on punching me and name calling even when i stood up for my self, though the school i went to had loads of families in them so you didnt mess with them if you know what i mean. and most of them had connections with the ppl where i live so you cant really do anything, you just learn to live with it i suppose :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I've never been bullied seriously, maybe mildly teased and definitely *****ed about but I guess thats one of the positives about having a sibling in the same year as you.

I think bullies tend to stay away when theres someone there who they know will always stick up for you. However, the downside is that I've never learned how to properly deal with bullies and I'm sure that someday in the near future I will come across one without my sister or friends to support me.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I was called names sometimes, but who wasn't?!

I used to be a bit nasty to some people, but I don't think I would call it bullying. and it wasn't constant.

ReputationRep:
    I was in primary school for a few weeks probably when I was hmm 7/8? had to change schools it wasn't bad but it upset me at that age.
    Then like a few weeks in yr7 and 8 by this guy he did to my friends as well can't remember what he did just said horrible things but he's a nasty piece of work now:\
    That was on the school bus but all the 6th form guys and girls used to lookafter everyone younger than themand keep him under control luckily:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    My friend was actually beaten and put into a coma because of his dad being a police officer. :mad: He's also in taekwondo with me now.
    okay thats freaky im currently trying to learn koreo(sp) for my next grade started after i moved school as a result of the bullying. what grade are you guys?

ReputationRep:
    There really are always options you can try to stand up to bullies, parents first, if it doesn't work, teachers, if that doesn't work, then being physically attacked is against the law, go to the police. They did at my school and the class was segregated into those who bullied and those who didn't or were bullied, I was in the didn't. And the bullied got scared to **** by the police, so much so that they even apologised to the people they were bullying, although under duress, nipped that in the bud, finally.

There are always options. I was lucky I finally plucked up enough courage to kick the **** out of the guy who was bullying me, but some people don't have that one moment of berzerk rage that is out of character. My family does, if you push us for long enough, we go ape****, with no control, honestly in my fights I don't remember anything just the bruises on the other guy the next day. Luckily because of my murderous rage at severe provocation I've not got into a fight since school but it worries me someone might push me that far. I'm big enough and strong enough now to do some real damage.

My cousin got bullied all through his school years. We had a fire drill and all lined up outside, some guy behind him kept pushing him, same guy who'd bullied him for a year or two, eventually he turned round and punched him in the stomach so hard, that the guy was still on the floor when we started moving inside. No one even looked back, not even the teachers who probably never noticed, serves the ****er right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    There really are always options you can try to stand up to bullies, parents first, if it doesn't work, teachers, if that doesn't work, then being physically attacked is against the law, go to the police. They did at my scholl and the class was segregated into those who bullied and those who didn't or where bullied, I was in the didn't. And the bullied got scared to **** by the police, so much so that they even apologised to the people they were bullying, although under duress, nipped that in the bus, finally.
    going to the police can actually make it worse especially for those who happen to be their kids sometimes the best way is to treat violence with violence :rolleyes:. It started agan when i moved school soon stopped when i actually decked the lass that was doing it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was bullied for about 4 years at secondary school...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    going to the police can actually make it worse especially for those who happen to be their kids sometimes the best way is to treat violence with violence :rolleyes:. It started agan when i moved school soon stopped when i actually decked the lass that was doing it
    Yeah you read between the lines very well, if you fight, even if you lose you will eventually make yourself too much trouble to be worth picking on, but that is so very hard, unless you have a berserk rage like my family. It's not pleasant to see trust me.

People are scared, and I agree the only way - if all else fails - to face that fear is to just go ape on their antagonisers, even if you get beaten up, keep doing it, then do it again, in fact before even the trouble starts just walk up casually and nut the guy. then if you lose next time a good family jewels knee, and so on, they'll soon think you're crazy and not bother.

Mind you this is only me and my circumstance, but it certainly worked. I'm really not a violent person, but sometimes it's all people understand, it's the animal inside that you hope most people grow out of, but it's always there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sidhe)
    Yeah you read between the lines very well, if you fight, even if you lose you will eventually make yourself too much trouble to be worth picking on, but that is so very hard, unless you have a berserk rage like my family. It's not pleasant to see trust me.

People are scared, and I agree the only way - if all else fails - to face that fear is to just go ape on their antagonisers, even if you get beaten up, keep doing it, then do it again, in fact before even the trouble starts just walk up casually and nut the guy. then if you lose next time a good family jewles knee, and so on.

Mind you this is only me and my circumstance, but it certainly worked.
    my uncle been to prison for grevous bodily harm soon stopped them when they found out that little fact as well. It takes alot of courage i no that ive been there but it the best thing you can do. Sometimes it helps to have a mate in sixthform as one of the little lads from taekwondo that in year 7 found last year.

ReputationRep:
    I still have nightmares about it

ReputationRep:
    No, i wasn't really. But there have been times when i have wondered whether some things that people did to me were bullying, and maybe they were, but whatever. I'm very glad of it actually, because i know too many people who have been bullied.. My school didn't seem to have that much bullying anyway (and if there was, it was mainly on the buses home) and i am very thankful of it.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I've never been bullied or bullied anyone.

ReputationRep:
    I had to leave my school (Hellgrave high school) (Belgrave lol) because the bullying was that bad, i missed the whole of year 10 coz of it and had to do my gcse's in one year at my new school. Was rather stressfull lol.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    Some people bullied my sister so much that she had to leave school so when they came to my school I bullied them into the ground, they eventually left . 2 wrongs clearly make a right.

ReputationRep:
    Although I haven't been builled properly, a couple of girls in my form acted really hostile towards me two years ago. Thankfully they left.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, not really, dunno, my class bullied a kid out of the school in year 7 though, but I wasn't really involved in that I don't think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elipsis)
    Some people bullied my sister so much that she had to leave school so when they came to my school I bullied them into the ground, they eventually left . 2 wrongs clearly make a right.
    The exception that proves the rule. Sometimes using their own mentality against them shows them how awful it is to be at the other end of bullying.

When I was seven I was skipped ahead a year, and so was the smallest, so I got bullied, my step brother was two years above, so he bullied the hell out of the bulliers below him who were picking on my brother; my brother who was in the year above because he missed a year due to having a spinal deformity, that was eventually fixed, then beat the living crap out of the bullies below too and ruled them with an Iron fist, he didn't bully he just said if you want to hurt someone then if I don't approve you go through me. I was a lucky kid in junior school. but it proves one thing if you can get someone on your side do it, if not then do it yourself, because all idiots will understand is getting a pounding. If all else fails then fight fire with fire. It hasn't served me badly. If you want a fight, then bring it and I'll give you one. Luckily I grew up and this **** doesn't matter any more, but you still see it, amongst the moronic.

ReputationRep:
    In year 1 some guy called me names once or twice (which I was quite hurt by at the time). Thankfully, I have had no trouble since then.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.