Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodkat)
    Argh, the woman commentator said it before the match and said people had been making a big deal out of it (because Venus is a pain in the ass i assume ). Don't know where to find the quote, but it was something along those lines.
    Tbh, it does sound like something she would say. I don't think it's the first time she's said something like that either...

I'm still supporting her though! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goodkat)
    Oh God I can't believe Venus said that if she plays her best, noone has a chance or words to that effect. I hope Ivanovic wins, I may cry if Venus does .
    Well it's almost true, apart from Serena at her best she would beat everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperDaz)
    Federer is just poetry in motion, has every shot and is a joy to watch. I dont think hes beating average players either, hes just so much better than everyone else.
    :ditto:
    People saying Federer is overrated really have to watch him play properly...how he handles tough situations and just how he attacks different situations. Federer has maintained his game and it's always hard to keep yourself at the top.

ReputationRep:
    God damn looks like Venus is going to win. It's wrong on so many levels that Ivanovic has to go out to that .

ReputationRep:
    :fuhrer: Down with the Williams' Brothers #cannon# :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inflation)
    Best rep ever :eek2:

ReputationRep:
    Man can't believe Ivanovic is out and the Williams go on bugger!!!

ReputationRep:
    Best rep ever :eek2:
    I wasn't too sure if you were into that, so tried my luck

ReputationRep:
    Some cracking matches last night. Wawrinka beating Ginepri in 5 and Moya beating Kohlsreiber in 5.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't even realise Haas and Blake were playing each other! :eek:

A set each currently... I don't actually mind which one wins.

ReputationRep:
    Come On Blake!!!

ReputationRep:
    Haas! What a phenominal match. Awesome tennis from both players.

ReputationRep:
    Haas eventually won after a fifth-set tiebreak. It was a great match.

ReputationRep:
    Some amazing points and shots. Haas backhand is sensational when firing. That point at 3-3 in the tiebreak was genius

ReputationRep:
    It really was. Amazing... :love:

Poor Blake just hardly ever wins five-set matches. It was close though!

Davydenko next for Haas... come on, Tommy!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone watching the Federer/Lopez match??

Lopez has a break in the first set....wonder if he can hold it and steal the first set??

ReputationRep:
    He did indeed take the first set. I'm not watching it, but I'm following it. I hope Lopez can at least take Federer to five sets...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I don't think it'll happen.

Not really an exciting match atm....a lot of unforced errors from both of them...Lopez is hanging on by serving well...

ReputationRep:
    Off to bed...dull match it probably won't kick off until the 3rd or 4th set...and we all know what the result will be anyway!

Roddick vs Federer....can't wait

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzy)
    Not really an exciting match atm....a lot of unforced errors from both of them...Lopez is hanging on by serving well...
    Eh? It's been an amazing match. Lopez serving superbly the 1st two sets, one of the best serving displays ive ever seen. And that return game he played in the 1st set was awesome. Fed has played well and it took some phenominal backhand passes to break through in the 2nd set. Lopez fallen back to earth now

You have to question Lopez, when he can play that level of tennis in the big match but play so badly now for a couple of years on tour

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.