Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninetyeights)
    ...i'm having to pay for all of my tapers plugs, etc myself because my parents disapprove and won't fund it..so i can't afford to buy 'nice' looking plugs...
    Boo Hoo!!! You make it sound like they should be paying for your plugs. Why should they?? I believe if you're old enough to make a commitment to stretching, then you're old enough to buy your own jewellery for goodness sake.

I wouldn't dream of asking my parents to buy me plugs, because it's been my decision (and at my own risk) and it's not their responsibility. You buy what you can afford, that's life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Boo Hoo!!! You make it sound like they should be paying for your plugs. Why should they?? I believe if you're old enough to make a commitment to stretching, then you're old enough to buy your own jewellery for goodness sake.

I wouldn't dream of asking my parents to buy me plugs, because it's been my decision (and at my own risk) and it's not their responsibility. You buy what you can afford, that's life.
    Somehow in my reply I managed to completely miss that, and...WTF? You (obviously not you Ilora, I mean ninetyeights) think everyone with stretched ears has their parents 'fund' them? Lulz. Don't we wish. My parents have never given my money to buy jewellery, yet I have 6 pairs of dichro (5 from Industrial Strength, 1 from Glasswear Studios, not the cheap eBay stuff), blue glass tunnels, white acrylic plugs, white Kaos earskins, coconut wood, horn plugs with abalone inlay and...a few more I've forgotten, I think. I'm a bit drunk, shush.

Yes, that was partly to boast about my collection, I know. I do love it though ;D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)

wtf?

it wasn't meant like that at all. i'm 16, don't get an allowance, don't get EMA and there are no vacancies for saturday work ANY WHERE here. what i'm saying is that i don't see the need to buy lovely looking plugs for each stage when i'm poor and planning to progress pretty soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kate.)
    Somehow in my reply I managed to completely miss that, and...WTF? You (obviously not you Ilora, I mean ninetyeights) think everyone with stretched ears has their parents 'fund' them? Lulz. Don't we wish. My parents have never given my money to buy jewellery, yet I have 6 pairs of dichro (5 from Industrial Strength, 1 from Glasswear Studios, not the cheap eBay stuff), blue glass tunnels, white acrylic plugs, white Kaos earskins, coconut wood, horn plugs with abalone inlay and...a few more I've forgotten, I think. I'm a bit drunk, shush.

Yes, that was partly to boast about my collection, I know. I do love it though ;D
    taken the wrong wayyyyyyyyyyy. i'm saying that i have no money so won't be buying nice plugs for EVERY stage instead saving up for when i finally do get the the size i like- you said you hated how some people's ears were full of 'cheap' stuff. well, what i'm saying is that you shouldn't be too hard on them as a lot of people aren't rich enough to buy the best for each stage- instead prefer to wait until they're at their 'goal'.

i'm shocked the same comment can be misconstrued twice.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 2, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.