Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If they say no, I'd strongly reccomend you go to a head of year and also try to convince them ..

ReputationRep:
    is a B prediction in chemistry bad...i realise i'll be up against candidates with A predictions

if i do get ABB predictions, should i give medicine a shot this year

ReputationRep:
    Theres no harm in giving it a shot, but i think an A prediction in Chemistry would do you a world of good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielIvtsan)
    I'm only human/lazy.... as my special sorry PM me for your pick of colour...
    Haha you're forgiven; I go for PINK to be nice and clashy with Democracy

...and ill pretend i'll actually take it into account :P
    Ooh all this power's definitely going to your head :p:

tami, I don't think there's any harm in trying this year - what have you got to lose?

I've finally finished my personal statement!! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Pink it is! congratz on finishing the PS! Demo will be crying all night long.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xemmajanex)
    I've finally finished my personal statement!! :party:
    Lucky! I think mine will be finished *hopefully* by next week...
    I just keep finding better things to do...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I have finished my Personal statement...Just waiting for a PS Helper to take a look at it cannot wait until this whole application process is over haha

ReputationRep:
    I've found a terrible problem with our happy little society here... it's initials are PMS...

ReputationRep:
    I've found a terrible problem with our happy little society here... it's initials are PMS...
    Stick a THE infront... making it TPMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bonnie.grant)
    Lucky! I think mine will be finished *hopefully* by next week...
    I just keep finding better things to do...
    Yeah same here the PS is so much fun to do :rolleyes:

as is the UCAS form...I tried to fill it in today....never realised it was so much work

ReputationRep:
    u can translate that in 2 ways

depending on how crazy obsessed u've become with get into med school, u might think it means peninsula med school
    or of course...pre menstr- :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    HAHAHA. lmao. rofl etc etc.

Although to be perfectly honest, I feel like that the whole time right now...(not that I would ever actually use that as an excuse for being moody - only lame un feminists do) I hate this application process. UKCAT IS KILLING ME. I AM GOING TO FAIL AND MY LIFE WILL BE OVER AND BLEURGH.

ReputationRep:
    Apply for BMAT schools then :P

ReputationRep:
    No 'cos I can't be assed to do another test as well. Plus I don't like any of the BMAT schools so nuuuuh.

ReputationRep:
    ahh i keep forgetting about the bmat... need to get that sorted...

ReputationRep:
    you know in some ways, I am looking forward to getting rejected by universities, so this whole process of applying to Uni would be over! I know that sounds a bit crazy, but I'm too tired too care anymore.........

ReputationRep:
    Trying for the Oedipus effect?

ReputationRep:
    Less than 4 weeks til the deadline!!! I nearly have a personal statement (BIG thanks to Ribbons and all the other PS helpers!) and I get to see my reference next week Which almost makes up for the fact that the GP surgery where I work has just told me I can't sit in on patient consultations

ReputationRep:
    Wow Becca, your UKCAT score is amazing Hope the rest of your application goes well

I have my work experience in 3 weeks now .. got a week at the Cardiology department .. not sure whether its in outpatients or ward or anything but it's probably just gonna be making drinks etc.

But ah well, looking forward to it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil groovy dude)
    I have my work experience in 3 weeks now .. got a week at the Cardiology department .. not sure whether its in outpatients or ward or anything but it's probably just gonna be making drinks etc.

But ah well, looking forward to it
    Hope it goes well!

Tomorrow I've got my mock interview at school, so I've been trying to read up on interview questions (AF has loads of past qs). Probably the worst I've found so far are:

- Why should you not want to be a doctor?
    - Why did you apply to x? (x being a medical school other than the one you're having an interview for, so you wouldn't know whether to be too praising of its course etc!)
    - Why not nursing?
    - If you were to design 4 stamps to mark the 50th anniversary of the NHS what would you put on the stamps and why?
    - If, on a scale of 0-5, 0 was caring for people and 5 was science, where would you put yourself on the scale?
    - I know you'll love science and people, but what excites you about Medicine?
    - Most people hate being in environments full of sick people; do you think doctors are odd in that they actually want to be in such a place?
    - How do you know if you want to do Medicine?
    - How do we know that you really mean it, and how should we decide who deserves to study Medicine or not?
    - If you had to tell us one last thing about yourself before we make up our minds, what would it be?
    - What's your worst quality?
    - What qualities in a doctor are missing in you and do you think you can improve them?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 16, 2009

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.