Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    so with some friendlies going on tomorrow: whats your thoughts.

Im off to scotland V croatia, I think 1- 2
    France- England 3-1
    Luxembourg - Wales 0-4
    N. Ireland - Georgia 1-1

don't know why im bothering: half empty hampden, reserve team. return train from london to glasgow £60, £25 ticket. WHAT AM I DOING

ReputationRep:
    so here we go again another round of international friendlies

England - USA
    Ireland-Columbia
    Czech - Scotland
    HOlland - Wales
    T&T - England

Im off to prague this thursday, should be fun not too bothered about the score, justso long as its fun.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by flexiblefish)
    so here we go again another round of international friendlies

England - USA
    Ireland-Columbia
    Czech - Scotland
    HOlland - Wales
    T&T - England

Im off to prague this thursday, should be fun not too bothered about the score, justso long as its fun.
    God bless the tartan army. Enjoy sure it can't fail to impress, plus Prague in't exactly the worst of cities :p:
    You never know, I wouldn't write off getting a result tbh.

England should win comfortably shouldn't they. But then again that's not the England way is it, oh well.

Don't see the Welsh standing much chance and Ireland I expect will get a draw in average circumstances.

Please let the England game be just a little bit interesting. Please.

ReputationRep:
    £40 return flight, £10 ticket £30 hotel plus there is the prague beer fetival which is £4 entry and £1.20 per 0.5l being in prague with Scotland supporters, priceless.

should be awesome, we have sold out our allocation
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    £40 return flight, £10 ticket £30 hotel plus there is the prague beer fetival which is £4 entry and £1.20 per 0.5l being in prague with Scotland supporters, priceless.

should be awesome, we have sold out our allocation
    Sounds good :cool: How long are you staying for? is it just an overnight stopover?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    Sounds good :cool: How long are you staying for? is it just an overnight stopover?
    3nights,

ReputationRep:
    OK so its WC quals again this weekend. My predictions are:

Wales v Liechtenstein 3-0
    Slovenia v Northern Ireland 2-1
    Scotland v Norway 2-1
    England v Kazakhstan 4-0

Ill be at Hampden, need to improve compared to games in Macedonia and Iceland.

"There's only one Iwelumo"
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Boyd quits Scotland under Burley

Rangers striker Kris Boyd has told BBC Scotland he will not play for Scotland again under manager George Burley.

Boyd said he left a message with the Scotland boss on Saturday night after Burley told Radio Scotland the forward must prove himself with his club.

"I left a message on George Burley's phone last night and he hadn't got back to me," said Boyd.

"I will not be playing for George Burley again, but I hope to be back in a Scotland jersey again one day."

Boyd spent the entire 90 minutes of Saturday's match against Norway on the bench and contacted Burley after the 0-0 draw when he heard the Scotland manager's comments on BBC Radio Scotland's Sportsound programme.

In full.
    Sounds like a right pussy if you ask me. Couldn't even do the deed face to face but instead leave a mobile message.
    Has always struck me as really arrogant has Boyd. Certainly putting himself before Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by <CJ>)
    Sounds like a right pussy if you ask me. Couldn't even do the deed face to face but instead leave a mobile message.
    Has always struck me as really arrogant has Boyd. Certainly putting himself before Scotland.
    I wouldn't exactly retire from playing for Scotland under him, but I do find it hard to be motivated by someone like George Burley.

ReputationRep:
    Is is that time again.

There is an England thread about a meaningless friendly, so anyone wishing to discuss the upcoming quals for
    N.Ireland - Poland
    Netherlands - Scotland
    Wales - Finland

Wed
    England- Ukraine
    N.Ireland - Slovenia
    Scotland - Iceland
    Wales - Germany.

I am doing the Scotland double header. Cant wait to get out to Amsterdam to see the dutch hammer us like 2003....or maybe another Paris.

On Saturday I can only see Wales winning and on saturday, and on wednesday I see everyone but Wales winning.

I love international football weekends.

ReputationRep:
    Need NI to beat Poland, unlikely but it can be done. If we do we stand a good chance of qualifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    Need NI to beat Poland, unlikely but it can be done. If we do we stand a good chance of qualifying.
    Currently N. Ireland bottom of the runners-up table http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FI...d-placed_teams

I would accept a 1-0 or 2-0 to the Northern Irish. Just so long as Scotland do not get humped too badly.

Terrible when I am hoping for a 7-3-0 formation and a boring nil all draw.

ReputationRep:
    Currently N. Ireland bottom of the runners-up table http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_FI...d-placed_teams

I would accept a 1-0 or 2-0 to the Northern Irish. Just so long as Scotland do not get humped too badly.

Terrible when I am hoping for a 7-3-0 formation and a boring nil all draw.
    Aye not looking too good at all for NI but the hope is there, not to good for Scotland either. At least if the ROI make it in I'll have a team to support, if NI arent in it. I'll want them to do well, then Scotland.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-ie)
    Aye not looking too good at all for NI but the hope is there, not to good for Scotland either. At least if the ROI make it in I'll have a team to support, if NI arent in it. I'll want them to do well, then Scotland.
    See, that's what I like.

That is why I am really worried about the Celtic cup and the animosity it may re-kindle along with the whole TeamGB nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    See, that's what I like.

That is why I am really worried about the Celtic cup and the animosity it may re-kindle along with the whole TeamGB nonsense.
    Nah, not a chance, NI fans at least are very hostile to the idea of a team GB because we're a small association and FIFA could try and step over us easily, same with the rest of us, only the FA would be interested in it.

If anything it'll just make the FAI, FAW, IFA and SFA closer but keeping a rivalry, there cant be a team GB without the FA, and the FAI wouldnt be part of it anyway. Then again relations between the IFA and FAI arent very good with the FAI scouting northern players.

Head hurts. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I fear for Scotland against Holland...

The Dutch are one of the best footballing sides in the world. Just look at the way they comprehensively dismantled France and Italy in Euro 2008.

If we can't keep possession against a side containing the likes of Sneijder, van der Vaart, van Bommel, Van Persie and Huntelaar, we will be torn apart.

However, we have very little to lose, so I'd still like to see us go 4-4-2, with this squad.

Gordon
    Whittaker Caldwell Berra Naysmith
    Morrison D.Fletcher Brown McCormack
    S.Fletcher Miller

Although Burley will probably go 4-5-1 with something like this;

McGregor
    Alexander Caldwell Berra Naysmith
    Morrison Brown D.Fletcher Ferguson S.Fletcher
    Miller

Which is really quite depressing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndyK67)
    I fear for Scotland against Holland...

The Dutch are one of the best footballing sides in the world. Just look at the way they comprehensively dismantled France and Italy in Euro 2008.

If we can't keep possession against a side containing the likes of Sneijder, van der Vaart, van Bommel, Van Persie and Huntelaar, we will be torn apart.

However, we have very little to lose, so I'd still like to see us go 4-4-2, with this squad.

Gordon
    Whittaker Caldwell Berra Naysmith
    Morrison D.Fletcher Brown McCormack
    S.Fletcher Miller

Although Burley will probably go 4-5-1 with something like this;

McGregor
    Alexander Caldwell Berra Naysmith
    Morrison Brown D.Fletcher Ferguson S.Fletcher
    Miller

Which is really quite depressing.
    I also share your fear - the best I think we can hope for is a 0-0 but I'd love to be proved wrong.

I'd like to see Ross McCormack get on at some point but it isn't really going to be the game for flair players is it?

ReputationRep:
    Good result for NI. Qualification is a serious possibility now.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, well done. Boruc been dropped beacuase of it I see.

Scotland were porr imho, as the dutch could have done a lot more.

Had an awesome time out there. Off to Hampden tomorrow for part 2. can not be bothered really.

oh well

ReputationRep:
    You put your left arm up, you put your right arm down, the ball bounces past you, and you look like a clown, you do the holy goalie, and you turn around, next thing your 3-1 down, oh Artur, Artur Boruc :awesome:

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.