Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Charlie chan)
    not via phones becuase i hate them, but we chat over the pokemon wifi thingy.
    for some reason i feel more comfortable talking to my DS >.<
    Pokemon...? How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    Pokemon...? How old are you?
    like i posted before, i am 17, 18 in 9 days now

and proud of my pokemon fandom

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pleomax)
    Nope, I meant what I meant. Can you love someone you met off the internet. From MSN conversatons > Meet-ups. It's more with can LOVE spawn from the Internet.
    So wait, you are asking if you can love someone in real life if your initialy met on the internet . . .

Nah. Of course, people meet someone they really like, and really hit it off with, but the whole fact they met on the internet magically stops them falling in love . . . :rolleyes:

If someone is right for you, you can fall for them. If someone is wrong for you, you can fall for them. If someone is a complete jerk, you can fall for them. I don't see how the place you initially met has ANYTHING to do with it (unless you met them in prison, or something, but even then, that wouldn't stop a lot of people falling in love).

ReputationRep:
    Yup its possible. I have a friend who met this girl randomly through chat sessions and they were online buddies for a while, a year or so I think. They lived in seperate cities and never met and he ended up falling for her. I remember he use to feel really worried about it because he had never met the girl in real life but still had feelings for her and was always confused about what to do. They did however meet up later on and then started dating and this is about 3 to 4 years ago and this year they are going to the same uni. Such stories makes my heart flutter :love: :p:.

So its possible yeah there have been others too but their relationship was a bit short lived compared to this. Its natural to feel something for someone online because a lot of people end up pouring more to the online people they know than perhaps they do in real life. Although I would like to say that you should tread with caution and not take any decision until you have actually met the person for a considerable number of times. hunky87 (I tell you there are names like that :p:) could actually not be a caring sweet guy but a big pervert in real life :p:.

ReputationRep:
    i found my gf on the internet and we are very much in love..of course we started to hang out in person for the love to really bloom..but it happend

ReputationRep:
    Well as 'love' is un-defineable, you can't say that it definitely doesn't exist on the internet.

But I think it does anyway. Or at least you can form strong feelings for someone online before meeting them which last and are the same when you meet. From experience

This is ridiculous. Love depends on the person experiencing it, and if they feel that they are in love, then they are in love, whether the person they are in love with is what the claim to be or not.

ReputationRep:
    The problem is. So many people who appear confident on the internet are boring and shy in real life. Love probably is possible on the internet.

But you can't possibly call it love till you've met the person in the flesh to see what they act like.

(Original post by Justinthei)
    The problem is. So many people who appear confident on the internet are boring and shy in real life. Love probably is possible on the internet.

But you can't possibly call it love till you've met the person in the flesh to see what they act like.
    Of course you can. Love is defined as (primary definition): 1. a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.

Unless you're saying it's impossible for somebody to feel these things about someone they have met on the Internet.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Justinthei)

Maybe if you bothered to getting to know a "boring and shy" person, you'd find that they're not so boring and shy?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'd say it's possible. You do have to meet too though I think, I wouldn't feel comfortable claiming any deep feelings for a few words on a screen.

I reckon once you've gotten some rapport going, so long as when you meet the chemistry is there, it's really just the same as when a pair of friends get together.

In fact, maybe some couples get together that would usually be too coloured by the initial physical reactions (not each others types, for example) that wouldn't otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    Maybe if you bothered to getting to know a "boring and shy" person, you'd find that they're not so boring and shy?
    Often true =)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.