This discussion is closed.
szeles
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ubique)
Lol at your bit of logic

The reason why people want to go to Oxbridge is due the excellent teaching, help and support available to students, which in turn helps achieving better grades

Do you realize that exams at Wolverhampton or any other university are just as hard as Oxbridge, students who do well without all the support and help are probably more capable than someone who does, and the reason why IBs have target Unis is due to the huge amount of Unis around, they cant possibly attend to all, suggesting that you would be turned down by an IB because of Uni is ridiculous, you know it is and the only people who keep banging on about it are the ones with huge a superiority complex, who probably do not know that this kind of superiority complex is frowned upon in a lot of the banks and IB applicants are scored on humility, go figure.
And then you awoke...:rolleyes:
nat3
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
With all the countless replies that Drogue has corrected you on NOW do you accept that ur logic about unis was competely flawed ??? :mad:

im not going to bother arguing the 2:2 oxbridge/lse case even tho i know numerous that are in FO with 2:2 from these unis

with ur current logic i doubt u can last in IB anyways
ba_ba1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ok, how do I put this clearer? If you graduate with a 2:2 your CV will be automatically filtered out, if you graduate with a 2.1 your CV will not be automatically filtered out.

Even if you do predict yourself with a 2.1, you will still have to provide your A-levels grades and degree grades up to that date and if they don’t look like you will be getting a 2.1 then auto reject, and if you do get an offer and then do not get the 2.1 the job offer will be terminated and that includes Oxbridge.

So to get through the first hurdle your grades are the only point of entry, after that as I said before it is up to you.

Oh, something else I should mention, there were bankers and interns who did their degree online.
People normally apply before they graduate.

Its not uncommon for people to be given an unconditional offer or an offer aslong as they pass their degree.

Most banks don't ask for 1st/2nd year grades from uni. They autofilter A-levels. Like Drogue said, why would someone with AAB+ want to go to places like Wolverhampton or London Met?

Your grades alone don't get you through the first hurdle.

Theres bankers who havnt even done a degree!
nat3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
do u even need a levels for london met? i thought it was based on ur year 9 SATS :confused:

jokes aside ubique, you must be worshipped in lon met as your a level points equal the eco class total ?
ubique
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Jeez…! whilst working for IBs I have met bankers who did their degree online and also interns who were in the midst of studying an online degree (pedantic or what?).

My A-levels are very good and I did not apply to Oxbridge, because I wanted to study in London and because of other personal reasons I decided to study at London Met, there you go, at the end of the day you can believe what you like, seriously who cares.
nat3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
please tell us which IB gave you the grad offer.
also you never seem to answer which division u r in ??

fo bo mo :confused:
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Jeez…! whilst working for IBs I have met bankers who did their degree online and also interns who were in the midst of studying an online degree (pedantic or what?).

My A-levels are very good and I did not apply to Oxbridge, because I wanted to study in London and because of other personal reasons I decided to study at London Met, there you go, at the end of the day you can believe what you like, seriously who cares.
Front office roles?

Ok so you wanted to study in London - UCL, LSE? failing that, Kings, QMUL, City?
ubique
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Drogue)
I know qutie a few people with 2:2s from Oxbridge who are relatively new grads at banks.
lol, I doubt it that it will be for one of the banks I mentioned in my earlier post unless they got in through contacts, and how do I know this? because I asked recruitment myself.
ubique
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by nat3)
please tell us which IB gave you the grad offer.
also you never seem to answer which division u r in ??

fo bo mo :confused:
its for M&A that is all I can tell you.

(Original post by ba_ba1)
Front office roles?

Ok so you wanted to study in London - UCL, LSE? failing that, Kings, QMUL, City?
I don’t get what your point is?
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol, I doubt it that it will be for one of the banks I mentioned in my earlier post unless they got in through contacts, and how do I know this? because I asked recruitment myself.
no its very true, most of the BBs do it, and its not through contacts either.

HR don't make the final decisions.
nat3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
forget it!
i think this is ubique is either a wannabe 16 year old posting some bull or a back office worker for bank of cuba.

he never answers relevent questions for his argument.
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago

I don’t get what your point is?
Well you wouldnt would you, you go to London Met

I'll ask again, why did you pick London Met? You wanted to study in London, but why did you happen to pick the worst one in London when you claim to have such good A levels?
v2006
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
or a troll
ubique
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ba_ba1)
I'll ask again, why did you pick London Met? You wanted to study in London, but why did you happen to pick the worst one in London when you claim to have such good A levels?

As I said before personal reasons (which iam not going to go into) combined with wanting to study in London, and did it make a difference? No, I don’t think so.

I really don’t understand why some of you are getting so upset about the fact that “a London Met” student getting into FO, you probably have never set a foot into IB because if you had you would be a lot more clued up than what you have been posting on here.

Nonetheless all the best and good luck
YouAreWhatYouEat
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
ubique what did you get at a-level/gcse?
ba_ba1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As I said before personal reasons (which iam not going to go into) combined with wanting to study in London, and did it make a difference? No, I don’t think so.

I really don’t understand why some of you are getting so upset about the fact that “a London Met” student getting into FO, you probably have never set a foot into IB because if you had you would be a lot more clued up than what you have been posting on here.

Nonetheless all the best and good luck
Well you're going to lose credibility if you don't give a good reason why you went to London Met. It will just confirm what most of us think - you're a troll.

Seems like you're the only one whos getting upset here.

I have set foot in an IB. Yet another wrong assumption from you.
ubique
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol @ “lose credibility”, seriously who do you think you are? please do one
fuglyduckling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ubique: You have NO credibility.

There is absolutely no way I believe you got an offer for M&A. No way whatsoever. Drogue has corrected you on almost everything you've said - some of which beggars belief, to be quite honest. You are quite clearly a troll.
rich_#123
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Ubique, it is quite clear the majority of people here think you are either talking about a fantasy life or you are a troll. Everyone is correct in asking if you are smart as you say you are and did very well in your A-levels, then why would you want to study at a university where the majority of your peer group will have poor A-levels. I am sure a lot of people would find having a peer group that is unmotivated and of greatly inferior intelligence very annoying and boring.
If it was a university in say a small city with no other good universities around then fine you could have the benefit of the doubt. But its London ! You have LSE/Imperial/UCL/Kings/Cass/Royal Holloway but you picked one of the worst, when you had a very real chance of getting into the top 3 of the universities mentioned. Someone who would make a choice like this willingly would never end up in banking as it is such a stupid and illogical choice to make! Hence, again supporting that you are either :
1) A troll
2) Actually are at London Met and are talking about a fantasy life where your Economics degree really is valued on the same level of an Oxbridge Economics/Economics+Management degree and you get your dream fo bb offer.
Speed-Charm-Color
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Do you realize that exams at Wolverhampton or any other university are just as hard as Oxbridge, students who do well without all the support and help are probably more capable than someone who does,.

omg you're such a idiot for thinking that. don't you have any friends at oxbridge? oxbridge only admits the most intelligent and hard working students, and guess what, that's why the exams are harder, in order to stretch the most able students.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (138)
17.72%
It's just nice to be back! (210)
26.96%
Not great so far... (280)
35.94%
I want to drop out! (151)
19.38%

Watched Threads