DannyBoy123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
You want to see naked guys each day for the next year?
I never knew you were like that Dan
Would it be a problem if I was like that? :p:
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by DannyBoy123)
Would it be a problem if I was like that? :p:
Why are you asking me? Ask the ladies
I is indifferent, lol.
dbrown17
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
hey, I ve got a question...what do ppl mean when they say 'free' bus and nobody' pays? (I mean from Rosebery and back) dont ppl have to buy oysters or something like that?
jasonm
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
They mean it's free if you dont buy a ticket, which is supposedly easy to get away with on a bendy bus.
Jxhn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Basically the bendy bus is two buses joined together. There is a door midway down and an oyster point where you are supposed to tap your oyster card to say you got on, an again to say you got off. I have never owned an oyster card and never paid on a bendy bus, the driver can't actually see you that far down the bus anyway! Not that we condone fare dodging on TSR...
speedy_s
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hey guys how are you all planning to get to Rosebery? I am not sure if I should get a lift up there or get the tube? Are there any parking spaces nearby???
Jxhn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by speedy_s)
Hey guys how are you all planning to get to Rosebery? I am not sure if I should get a lift up there or get the tube? Are there any parking spaces nearby???
I asked my friend who is in the second year, he said
(Original post by Friend)
As for getting there i went by car. You can either park outside rosebery which i managed everytime or theres an ncp carpark around 500 metres away. Half of people (mostly internationals) are moving in before the 28th.
invicta
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i went 2 have alook yesterday to see what i managed to get myself into! so yeh there are some parking spaces next to rosebery, so im going to get my parents to drop me off.

also to clarify (even if it didnt need to be!) the showers are NOT communal :p: (sorry dan and shreyans) and ARE separated by gender. although the quality and furnishings does leave much to be desired... i wish id applied for an ensuite now...

also (even though no1 seems to be bothered) teh kitchens arent superb, and the hob is a separate detachable unit on top of a countertop oven... there was also a notice from lse on teh fridge saying they are "monitoring" people stealing food lol.

having said that whoever gets room 917 (the one i looked at) gets a nice spacious room, with a nice sink etc. the area seemed ok, even though my mum wasnt so convinced.

i hope this post helps the people applying next year! (as we've just got to look forward to it on Sunday!)

edit: oh yeh there's a lift so happy days
ladyliberty
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
May I ask how many people are expected to be sharing a bathroom?

Are the toilet cubicles well sealed? Or are their huge gaps in between the top of the door and the ceiling and the bottom edge of the door and the floor?
Sorry if I sound overly anxious on this aspect of things. I get embarrassed easily.
member910132
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by N89)
I think its time that maybe the accommodation thread is split up slightly because no one can find anything specific about halls. If each thread is specific to a hall, then those LSE students (already there) can post about it, and maybe those who want to go there can ask specific questions how does that sound for a plan? (and those already applied, can get to know each other)
Hey thnx tons for your time,

I know this has already been asked a lot before, but if you don't mind then greater detail would be highly appreciated. Is it possible to know the exact number of toilets/showers on each floor and the exact number of rooms on each floor ?

Also, do the toilets have the sinks inside the same room or are (like many places) are the sink and shower in one room and the toilet in the next room ?

That is for Roseberry but if you know the answer to that question for CS, High Hol and Bankside then that would be great.
weetabixmonster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ladyliberty)
May I ask how many people are expected to be sharing a bathroom?

Are the toilet cubicles well sealed? Or are their huge gaps in between the top of the door and the ceiling and the bottom edge of the door and the floor?
Sorry if I sound overly anxious on this aspect of things. I get embarrassed easily.

(Original post by member910132)
Hey thnx tons for your time,

I know this has already been asked a lot before, but if you don't mind then greater detail would be highly appreciated. Is it possible to know the exact number of toilets/showers on each floor and the exact number of rooms on each floor ?

Also, do the toilets have the sinks inside the same room or are (like many places) are the sink and shower in one room and the toilet in the next room ?

That is for Roseberry but if you know the answer to that question for CS, High Hol and Bankside then that would be great.

Hi, I'm at Rosebery this year

Erm the toilet cubicles aren't that well *sealed* haha but when I go in, most of the time no one else is in there anyway. There are a set of boys toilets and girls toilets on each floor - there are 2 toilets and 3 showers per gender. As I say, no one is in there most the time. I think there is 24ish people on a floor - it is split into 2 corridors on each floor. So there is about 11 other people on your corridors. The toilets, sink and showers are all in one room. There is also a sink in your room.

I don't know about the other halls, sorry.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads