I'm a girl, and I have no hair. How to tell him? Watch

McJewwy
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
I'm a bit confused... is it like a wig? Or is it like extensions and you sleep in them?

I mean, I'd not think it was a big deal at all. Either way. Just tell him, whatever answer you get you'll know if the relationship is going anywhere.
Witness23
Report 11 years ago
Well it wouldn't bother me, if I actually liked someone that wouldn't change how I felt.
devilsthorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In theory I wouldn't mind. In reality I would start subconsciously seeking better alternatives, and once I find someone with healthy hairdo, I would dump the current gf.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by wtid)
Made perfect sense to me. We must be speaking Sheffieldish or something :p:
Apparently so!
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I think you should just sit down and tell him about it. Explain about the condition etc.
I think he'd be flattered that you'd trust him enough to tell him to be honest. If he judges you negatively for it then well, you know the rest :p:

Good luck, you'll be fine.
samba
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
'do you like fully shaven pussys?'

'Good, because this pussy cat is hairless on top too. Should be perfect.'
devilsthorn
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Be shocking if he reacted this way "And...? What's it got to do with me?" and removes your number from his phone, stops seeing you, and pretends he's not good at remembering names by asking "Who are you again?"

Lol. Seriously, get him drunk and ask so he won't remember you telling him after sobbering up, and you'll know what response to expect.
PhantomBoggler
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I love that your falsely created profile akready has rep
Cj-Tj
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
As long as you wernt wearnig a wig which was liable to fall off at embarassing times whats the issue? Anything which he will only notice when you tell him isnt a worry in the short term, long term realationships which get serious may have to take such things into account. (Unless youve got like, AIDS in which case it may well affect the short term relationship as well.......)
Fusion
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I really can't see him having a problem since your fake hair seems to blend in fine.
ATPB
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
So long as you don't suddenly decide to get rid of your current hair, I'm certain he'll be absolutely fine with it.
ozzysmygod
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I doubt I would mind, even if you had no synthetic/fake hair. I think however i'd be put off by patchy spots of hair... so either 100% no hair, or Synthetic. I dont even think im that much of a "Nice Guy", but if other things were going for you, then it wouldnt matter to me. I'm covered in a excema and look like a lepper most of the time, but people put up with me! Just tell him straight!

Edit: Having read back a few posts since posting, and seeing your photo, you look Hawwwwwwwwwtttt, so i reali wouldnt worry about it!
Laura25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi there.

First of all I wanted to say I know how hard it is coping with no hair but I think you're doing really well. I lost all my hair for a few months during chemotherapy and I know it's not the same as it was only temporary but I do know how horrible it can feel.

This guy may be a bit shocked at first but I honestly think he should be ok with it. It doesn't change you as a person and if you've got fake hair it won't even be as if he could tell. It's nothing to be ashamed of and he should understand and appreciate your honesty. I know some people have asked why tell him but I understand that you want to be open with him and I think that's a good idea. Maybe go for a meal or drink together and just say you know it might be a bit of a shock but your hair isn't real. You can then explain your condition and he should be supportive.

I wish you the best of luck and remember, whether you have hair or not, you're still beautiful!
tiger_vio
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
This reminds me of an episode of friends...
Laura25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah I do! I don't even mind bad hair days now, at least I have hair! And yes I'm well now thank you

Hope all goes well for you and if you ever want to talk send me a message x

(Original post by ExtalRosen)
:hugs: Thanks, that's really nice of you.It is horrible when it goes isn't it. I'm really glad yours grew back though, enjoy it. I'm sure you appreciate it a lot more now.

Also, I hope you are well and healthy now.
whatever...
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ExtalRosen)
Pretty much what the title says, due to a condition I developed in the last couple of years my hair has fallen out a lot. (just in my head, everywhere else is err...fine). I'm now 20, and this started just after my 18th birthday. As a result I have to wear false hair integrated with my own.

As you can imagine I was very distraught at first. Used to have beautiful luscious hair everyone commented on...and then it went just like that. Now I'm at uni, and since I have this hair system which looks pretty good I can live a normal life. I'm at a top uni, have good friends, people tell me I'm attractive and I'm quite a happy person. My life would be perfect, if it wasn't for this very huge issue I have to hide. And it is a big inconvenience, it ruins everything.

Now, the problem. There's this guy I've gotten very close to. He's a really good guy, we have a lot of fun together. The problem is, I'm scared and very nervous of how he will react, will he be completely freaked out? I know I have to tell him, but what will be the best way to do this?

Secondly, guys (or even girls) how would you react if someone you really liked told you something like this? I know it's a very weird question, as most of you wont come across this ever, but sadly this is my new reality, and I have to find the best way to cope with it.So, any comments would be helpful.

PS: wow, this is longer than I intended. Also, I'm a very regular poster here, but understandably wanted to keep this as anonymous as possible.

hiya, one of my best friends (a girl) has your condition...well hers is due to stress or something, and she's had it since she's little...and she has no hair at all...none on her head, arms, etc...i didn't have a "weird" reaction when she told me...to me she's still the cute, cool girl and it well it doesn't really matter...but then i dunno if that's what you want to hear...cos it's not like a boyfriend or something....

but hang in there girl, if he really likes you (the guy you've been talking about) it shouldn't really matter to him.
candy_kiss
Report 11 years ago
im going to be honest and say that if i was him, i would be very shocked, but then i would get voer it and it wouldnt matter to me at all.
jumpinglunch
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
He'll be surprised,but nothing more.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (57)
67.06%
No I haven't decided yet (18)
21.18%
Yes but I might change my mind (10)
11.76%

Watched Threads