The "Loughborough is my Firm 2008" thread Watch

kat_viii
Badges: 0
Report 11 years ago
Firmed Politics! 300pts. (Why are some people offered 280? i'd rather be on 280)
If everything works out, immediately shifting to international relations!
hessajee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by GnMvP)
Welcome!
Same course as me!
Although it's pretty strange that you got rejected from Brunel, city ad surrey and you got an offer from lboro!

But whatever.. Good luck!
Looks like I used the incorrect word. I should have actually wrote declined, and so now I've changed it to that. Hope that makes sense.

It would be interesting for myself to see if I had actually got rejected from four universities and received an offer only from Loughborough...
GnMvP
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hessajee)
Looks like I used the incorrect word. I should have actually wrote declined, and so now I've changed it to that. Hope that makes sense.

It would be interesting for myself to see if I had actually got rejected from four universities and received an offer only from Loughborough...
Yeah, it's fine now!
So what's your insurance?
hessajee
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
None. Didn't want an insurance. If I chose Loughborough, then I didn't want Brunel or City as insurance and Surrey were asking for ABB. So its Loughborough or nothing!
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by hessajee)
None. Didn't want an insurance. If I chose Loughborough, then I didn't want Brunel or City as insurance and Surrey were asking for ABB. So its Loughborough or nothing!
Same thing I did...though it was between Aston and Birmingham as my insurance...but they were too "city-ish" for me...
'non-possession'
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i dont need insurance bcos its uncond. for me
ElemenT'
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
It was between Aston and Nottingham as an insurance and I ended up choosing Aston!
xoxochristiexoxo
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Lukas7)
From devon? where abouts you from?

Thats where I am sort of living while I wait to go back to loughborough!
i live near Teignmouth -
chav & OAP central lol
Jehuty^
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Teignmouth has at least one claim to fame - it's where Muse formed ;yes;
ragman_wonder
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
I've been shopping with Matt and Dom before, good old Teignmouth Co-op. Still got Birthday cards from dom
thepinkpowerranger
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
*sneaks onto thread* Lboro would be my firm if they made me an offer! (But I only applied yday...)

*sits waiting*
loopymeg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Jehuty^)
Teignmouth has at least one claim to fame - it's where Muse formed ;yes;
Glad to see I'm not the only one who thinks of the holy M-word when Teignmouth is mentioned :five:
jase951
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Hi i've made loughborough my firm for product design and technology! and northmbria as my insurance. anyone else doin the same course?
idcool
Report 11 years ago
Loughborough is now my firm doing Mechanical Engineering, Sheffield is my insurance.
jase951
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by idcool)
Loughborough is now my firm doing Mechanical Engineering, Sheffield is my insurance.
i applied for mechanical engineering at sheffield. i know product design is linked to mechanical engineering but in the end i chose to do product design. where else did you apply to: i applied to northmbria, nottigham, sheffield, loughborough, leeds
Swifter
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Still waiting ffs 3 months 1 week and counting.....
idcool
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by jase951)
i applied for mechanical engineering at sheffield. i know product design is linked to mechanical engineering but in the end i chose to do product design. where else did you apply to: i applied to northmbria, nottigham, sheffield, loughborough, leeds

Aston, Birmingham and Nottingham.
MEIMEI
Report 11 years ago
Firmed for civil engineering!!! – 280 points for Beng ( a bit high ), If i flopped and got 260 do you think they would still let in ??

btw....if someone could tell me the closest and (cheapest possible) catered halls to the civil building, I would be in your hypothetical debt
GnMvP
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by MEIMEI)
Firmed for civil engineering!!! – 280 points for Beng ( a bit high ), If i flopped and got 260 do you think they would still let in ??
A couple of guys i know got rejected for the civil course and they both had pretty good grades, so i guess they are a bit strict with grades..

(Original post by MEIMEI)
btw....if someone could tell me the closest and (cheapest possible) catered halls to the civil building, I would be in your hypothetical debt
The hall which is closest to the engineering block is D.Collet, but i wouldn't advise you to apply there, cause you won't only have lessons in the engineering buildings!
MEIMEI
Report 11 years ago
^thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Jun '20
    Sat, 27 Jun '20
    Fri, 18 Sep '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (36)
25.71%
No (104)
74.29%

Watched Threads