Turn on thread page Beta

Eight Killed in Jerusalem watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Well to be fair they are using american weaponry. Dont blame them too much....
    lol - They kill enough of our soldiers in not so friendly fire.

Shame they didn't strike when Duyba was last there. That would have been a treat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bismarck)
    Why is it that every Palestinian supporter has the knowledge of a sack of explosives?
    Do they use anything else? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHAMON)
    lol - They kill enough of our soldiers in not so friendly fire.

Shame they didn't strike when Duyba was last there. That would have been a treat!
    Nah, Bush was very replaceable. Cheney in charge would have been even worse, unless he had another heart attack of course...

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see that you agree with the guy who makes no distinction between Jew and Israeli. Then again, your Holocaust remarks makes plain your position.

Genius, the Jews agreed to the UN Partition, the Arabs did not. Why is it that every Palestinian supporter has the knowledge of a sack of explosives?
    Explosives leave a lasting impact...

They did? Well if you look back you'll find they began spreading like widlfire. Egypt and Jordan resisted, and now they've resloved. Tey should do the same for Palestine!

ReputationRep:
    Dude Jews are great Muslims are great Sikhs are great, you get the picture...

20 Million Russians died too, do they want the world to mourn? they've just got on with things. Had the Jews been content with what the UN had given to to them (as in land) this would not have been such a big problem. You lot decided to expand your terroirty. this is the direct respons for occupation.

I'd do the same. if somebody took over my home.
    A lovely historical mistake. The Jews were content with their land, the Arabs were not, whoops

ReputationRep:
    You mean like using those greenhouses to make food to feed themselves? Nah, torching them and using them as staging grounds for rocket attacks against Israeli cities is much better.
    Blimey, impressive considering the conditions the have to live through.

As a Jew (pesumably) this matter is close to your hearts (inc. PeeWeeDan) - and so far you have argued it fantastically badly.

Keep on trying.

Answer my last post goddamit!!

(The one about the sanctions Israel imposes on Palestine.)

ReputationRep:
    And another example of a Palestinian supporter. Lesson for the day: they only care when Palestinians are killed. Killing Americans and Jews is not only not condemned, it's encouraged.
    yo... word is "israelis".

ReputationRep:
    Another Palestinian supporter. Lesson 2: The death of any Palestinian, even a terrorist, is a tragedy. The death of any American is funny.
    Nah, I am just not too fond of mass murderers. I am picky and all that, you know...

ReputationRep:
    Well what do you expect when you read http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7280026.stm

Malnutrition rates similar to areas in Africa! It's not surprising at all the people there are starving and Aid is prevented from going in courtesy to Israel it;s this blockade since they left Gaza that's made it dire.

If one left in a situation as the Palestinians are you'd be fighting to get justice, which is to actually be free and healthy...and if day long protests to the world don't work then unfortunately things like this will happen and the circle will continue.

Oh and Zionist leaders did use explosives in Iraq to force jews into Israel, some of them were convicted and jailed and have even admitted into doing so to the guy saying never bombed civilians...they did.

ReputationRep:
    See above. New leaders are less experienced than the old ones. They thus have to start the planning from scratch, which means it would take them months to plan new attacks, and they'll be less effective because they're inexperienced.
    That's true, but that can only be a temporary thing. I wouldn't want to gamble my life on the fact that the terrorist leader trying to kill me is inexperienced, I would want there to be a concerted effort for greater diplomacy in an attempt to get the terrorists to stop trying to kill me altogether. Which brings this back to the original point: ie, that the most effective thing for Israel to do now would be not to retaliate with violence.

ReputationRep:
    No, it's Jews, because Palestinian terrorists make it a point not to target Israeli Muslim areas.
    and there you have your typical jew supporter.

ReputationRep:
    Israel is an independent nation, the Gaza strip is a sovereign state. The Gaza strip constantly fires rockets at Israel. Can you explain why Israel should not impose sanctions on Palestine? Do you complain Israel does not have free trade with Syria? Do you complain North and South Korea don't have the greatest trade history? Why is the Gaza strip entirely dependent on a country that they don't even recognize. 3 reasons, their hatred for this country has been self detrimental in that they burned all that was necessary to economic growth, their Arab brethren disregard and abandon them, and they voted Hamas into power.

ReputationRep:
    Had the Jews been content with what the UN had given to to them (as in land) this would not have been such a big problem.
    Are you completly out of your mind? Israel accepted the UN partition plan, but the arabs decided to go to war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PeeWeeDan)
    A lovely historical mistake. The Jews were content with their land, the Arabs were not, whoops
    You should have done what would was suggested. Taken the best part of Germany. Not taken Arab alnd. They did nothing.

Shame Rosevelt popped his clogs, he's have rectified it

ReputationRep:
    You seem to be awfully fond of Herr Hitler.
    As I said, before he topped himself and that, he was my butt buddy

Now seriously, Hitler did have some talents which I admired. I just was not too fond as to how he applied them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidjones90)
    It's not surprising at all the people there are starving and Aid is prevented from going in courtesy to Israel
    Can they not go through Egypt or did it dissapear into thin air?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    No Minister, in fact. Remind me what ministers do.

By the way the definition of Holocaust does not include camps and showers:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/holocaust
    3 b on there is done by the Israelis happily on a regular basis.
    Ministers can act as spokesmen for their country's policy. I don't see this crucial difference you're trying to highlight.

Indeed, holocausts need not refer to exact specific items of evidence that I mention; these were merely examples. However I'd like to see some form of evidence, at least, for the sensational and rhetorical claims of a holocaust. Even the definitions and arfticle you provided do not support your argument.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidjones90)
    Well what do you expect when you read http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7280026.stm

Malnutrition rates similar to areas in Africa! It's not surprising at all the people there are starving and Aid is prevented from going in courtesy to Israel it;s this blockade since they left Gaza that's made it dire.
    Yet they started with roughly the same. Incredible hey? Jews get together build on the land, cultivate it, civilise it and create a fantastic society.

Palestinians left with the same plus a few extra things like wells and greenhouses manage to totally **** it up because they're too concerned with killing Israelis than cultivating a decent society themselves. Give them a ballot slip and they vote for Hamas.

Course....it's the Jews' fault. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    And yet you don't see too many Africans going and blowing up their neighbors. I wonder why that is.
    Difference is Africans don't endure near anything of what Palestinians endure.

ReputationRep:
    This is just another sad step in the escalation of hostilities thats going on recently

1. Grievances over the last 40 years
    2. Hamas take control of Gaza
    3. Israeli Sanctions start
    4. Hamas fire rockets
    5. Israel sets off a full blown embargo
    6. Hamas fires more rockets
    7. Israeli air strikes
    8. This attack

What's the betting 9 going to be a massive retaliation?

This is the entire problem with Israel - it ends up a massive series of escalations of hostilities. Regardless of who 'started it' (both sides are pointing fingers) escalation of hostilities only leads to bigger and greater hostilities later on.

For all those advocating retaliation to stop terrorism in the short term, that's extremely short sighted. You may kill a few terrorists but for each killed, more will fill their place motivated by the attack. They also gain political capital over Israeli in the International scene and the whole process moves away from long term peace. There is a reason why the UK didn't shoot a few Irish people every time a shopping centre was bombed - it wouldn't do anything in the long run except fuel the conflict.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.