Turn on thread page Beta

'pimping' out my boyfriend watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    He should definitely look around until he finds a good pair of jeans that fit him. A while ago I wanted low waisted dark denim jeans but didn't realise that there were so many different cuts, I went shopping a few times and ended coming back with uncomfortable bootcut jeans until one time I found a shop which had labels on the jeans explaining what type of fit they were eg. low waist, tight leg, flare, bootcut, baggy etc.

I actually find next to be quite good in that respect, they have labels on the jeans explaining the styles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomoli)
    OP, is that you in your profile picture?

What are you gonna make some kind of could do better type remark , she doen't look as good in the gallery photos (Yeah I checked), although you could still argue it. If you were superficial of course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    What are you gonna make some kind of could do better type remark , she doen't look as good in the gallery photos (Yeah I checked), although you could still argue it. If you were superficial of course.
    Theres a gallery?

ReputationRep:
    Top of the page under student room sign

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guy Secretan)
    You're a bit weird.

ReputationRep:
    definately needs emo hair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashbourne1)
    You're a bit weird.

Yeah expand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    Okay, first things first.

• Stop him buying a single pair of cheap jeans. They do nothing but look bad. Better to buy second hand from ebay. For him, I'd suggest Levi 506, and a pair in black and a pair in dark blue.
    • Top half needs to be fitted better or he'll be swamped and look even less manly than you describe him as looking now
    • No more short sleeved shirts, ever. They only work if you're columbian and have a white vest underneath.
    • Longsleeve shirts, rolled up at the arms will give the impression of a comparatively more impressive upper half. Buy Burton's Small, Zara Small, Gap extra small, and H&M extra small if you can find it.
    • Jackets/coats fitted properly. Small, or 34/36/38
    • If he wants to wear t-shirts, go to H&M and ask for "Soft Cotton Stretch", and buy in small or extra small. They'll hug his figure, and improve the appearance of slimness. Get one in black, one in grey, and one in midnight blue.
    • Work the **** out. Doesn't have to be hard, but if you don't have pectoral muscles that come out further than your abs, you look like a 13yearold. It's just fact.
    • Better shoes. Those white things are ****ing awful. One pair of black smart shoes, one pair of brown leather smart/cas shoes, and MAYBE one GOOOD pair of white trainers/shoes - see below for example.
    • http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/ebusin...,id=326,mid=-1,
    • Have him go to a hairdresser and say "Hey, what do you think would look good on me", and see what happens.
    • A few good belts - one thick black with a good simple but large buckle (no ****ing massive eagles, but like plain block of metal, or with a logo on it), one brown for blue jeans.
    • He could try skinny jeans, but in all honesty I'd get the basics sorted first. If he does go for skinny jeans, consider what's going to go on top.
    • Ebay is better than you think. The Searches "Gap Small", "Zara Small", "Levi's 32" will serve you well (in mens clothes).
    • Avoid jewellery like the plague if you're white. Whitey get's one piece of bling, and it's called a watch. Avoid cheap watches, they look ****. Diesel make ok quite cheap watches. Also look out for S+ark watches.
    • Try and develop a way of sorting your hair without gunk in it, then make it better maybe with subtle use of gunk.
    • Give a subtle beard a try (as in sideys, down the jaw, and maybe around the mouth), it can help to make someone look a bit older and more masculine.

Thank me later :P
    Female version or take me shopping please :puppyeyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WarmSound)
    Female version or take me shopping please :puppyeyes:
    Problem is whilst it's okay dressing someone else in the same way as I do, as he needs to improve on the same physical appearance flaws that I did (i.e. being a skinny git), I'd just dress you like my ex-girlfriend. Which is far too freudian for my liking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redemption)
    Problem is whilst it's okay dressing someone else in the same way as I do, as he needs to improve on the same physical appearance flaws that I did (i.e. being a skinny git), I'd just dress you like my ex-girlfriend. Which is far too freudian for my liking.
    Hm yes. I think I'd rather carry on dressing like I'm still 18.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, first things first.

Stop him buying a single pair of cheap jeans. They do nothing but look bad. Better to buy second hand from ebay. For him, I'd suggest Levi 506, and a pair in black and a pair in dark blue.
    Top half needs to be fitted better or he'll be swamped and look even less manly than you describe him as looking now
    No more short sleeved shirts, ever. They only work if you're columbian and have a white vest underneath.
    Longsleeve shirts, rolled up at the arms will give the impression of a comparatively more impressive upper half. Buy Burton's Small, Zara Small, Gap extra small, and H&M extra small if you can find it.
    Jackets/coats fitted properly. Small, or 34/36/38
    If he wants to wear t-shirts, go to H&M and ask for "Soft Cotton Stretch", and buy in small or extra small. They'll hug his figure, and improve the appearance of slimness. Get one in black, one in grey, and one in midnight blue.
    Work the **** out. Doesn't have to be hard, but if you don't have pectoral muscles that come out further than your abs, you look like a 13yearold. It's just fact.
    Better shoes. Those white things are ****ing awful. One pair of black smart shoes, one pair of brown leather smart/cas shoes, and MAYBE one GOOOD pair of white trainers/shoes - see below for example.
    http://www.jonesbootmaker.com/ebusin...,id=326,mid=-1,
    Have him go to a hairdresser and say "Hey, what do you think would look good on me", and see what happens.
    A few good belts - one thick black with a good simple but large buckle (no ****ing massive eagles, but like plain block of metal, or with a logo on it), one brown for blue jeans.
    He could try skinny jeans, but in all honesty I'd get the basics sorted first. If he does go for skinny jeans, consider what's going to go on top.
    Ebay is better than you think. The Searches "Gap Small", "Zara Small", "Levi's 32" will serve you well (in mens clothes).
    Avoid jewellery like the plague if you're white. Whitey get's one piece of bling, and it's called a watch. Avoid cheap watches, they look ****. Diesel make ok quite cheap watches. Also look out for S+ark watches.
    Try and develop a way of sorting your hair without gunk in it, then make it better maybe with subtle use of gunk.
    Give a subtle beard a try (as in sideys, down the jaw, and maybe around the mouth), it can help to make someone look a bit older and more masculine.
    That really is good advice, lol at the jewellery bit, very true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomoli)
    OP, is that you in your profile picture?
    Yes, why?

To everyone else - thanks for the brilliant advice. I'll take him and his mother's credit card out shopping and see what I can do!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.