Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raminder1992)
    the source paper is only 30%, the coursework is 25 and big paper 45%!!

apparently you times your mark by 1.2! but im not sure!
    thanks i don't remember what I got for coursework now but i think it was like a*...i just hope i've done better than i think I have!!It's just i got a crappy mark for my mock so i guess its sort of confidence-damaging lol!but i didn't revise for that so yeah fingers crossed i spose!

ReputationRep:
    yer, i think i did go a bit overboard with detail, tbh, but this Q shouldn't really come up anyway *fingers crossed*...

ReputationRep:
    ok, here are some 'Liberal Reforms - Sources/Questions' you can have a look and think about..its all good exam practise, it helps if you time yourself too

remember to look at the first post, to see how to do sources..
    http://www.learningcurve.gov.uk/brit...ete_g2_cs3.pdf

also...

i have found a revision website.....that has podcasts and powerpoints on the three subjects

http://www.mrallsophistory.com/revision.html

also, here is how they might ask questions, so think of ways to answer these

1. What is the message of this source? This is usually a cartoon. You will be expected to say what the message is and use the information in the cartoon to explain how you know this. You also need to use some background knowledge to explain what was going on at the time this source was produced and why this message was produced by whoever made the source.

2. What does this source tell us about? This will mention a certain thing e.g poverty. This may only require you to mention the source if it doesn't add using your own knowledge. You need to explain the content of the source and how it helps you to understand the topic in the question.

3. Why was this source produced? This is often the poster question. Remember you must use the content to explain and look at who made the source. Is it propaganda for an issue or a political party? Is it something they have produced to publicise something? You also need to include your own knowledge to explain why the source was necessary at the time as often this type of question will include a date.

4. How useful/reliable/trustworthy/accurate is this source? Again it will give you a topic like to explain why the Liberals introduced Old Age Pensions. You need to explain how it is useful/not useful using source and your own knowledge. It is the same for the others. You will need to consider who wrote/made the source and why with what was the context (background) again you will get higher marks for using own knowledge

5. Comparison questions look at more than one source and are usually which is the most useful/reliable etc. In these you need to judge sources and do the content of both. You must use your own knowledge of the issue and the producer of the source to make a judgement.

6. Support questions. These compare two sopurces and ask if they support each other. You would need to write about the content of both sources and and say what is similiar (supports) and what is different (doesn't support) You will need your own knowlege to explain

7. Lastly the essay question. You need to look at all the sources and show which sources agree or disagree with the statement. How many depends on how much time you have but try to group them together. You can get up to 10 marks for just explaining how far they agree or disagree and using contextual knowledge to judge the sources. If you examine the reliability of some sources you can achieve full marks of 12.

My advice is read all the sources before you start writing and make a little plan first

I hope this helps

remember guys, to make sure you still revise HOME FRONT as how im thinking now...LIB. REFORMS sounds a bit too obvious

so 'mind the cornyness' Don't put all your eggs into ONE basket

ReputationRep:
    --another point for the essay question--

when i say a plan,

i was told to make a table saying 'agree' and 'dissagree'

then to just put the source letters in each column..

ReputationRep:
    thanks for all of ^ by the way!!

ReputationRep:
    ok, ok, i better stop commenting on here, your probably finding me boring, and giving you useful information..but i have put together a students ' survival guide ' in answering the questions on Paper 2....

if you think its not very good, feel free to tell me, haha
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc P2_How_to_do_it.doc (33.5 KB, 163 views)

ReputationRep:
    taken from another thread by 'Hughey'

this is how long if you divide your time by the number of marks:

a) 4 marks = 7 mins
    b) 6 marks = 10 mins
    c) 8 marks = 14 mins
    d) 12 marks = 21 mins

-- i thought, i would put that in here..it seems quite good info

ReputationRep:
    taken from another thread by 'Hughey'

this is how long if you divide your time by the number of marks:

a) 4 marks = 7 mins
    b) 6 marks = 10 mins
    c) 8 marks = 14 mins
    d) 12 marks = 21 mins

-- i thought, i would put that in here..it seems quite good info

ReputationRep:
    In regards to the Liberal Reforms periods, what position did Llyod Geogre and Churchill hold and what were there responsibilities. Was Llyod George the PM? and Churchill the Chancellor of the Exchequer? Were the reforms e.g. National Insurance Act Lloyd Georges ideas?

ReputationRep:
    On the top of my head, David Lloyd George was a leading liberal then became Chancellor of Exchequer in 1908. Churchhill was previously a member of the conservative then swap sides because of the reforms in the Liberal.
    Not sure if that's right....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 030112)
    On the top of my head, David Lloyd George was a leading liberal then became Chancellor of Exchequer in 1908. Churchhill was previously a member of the conservative then swap sides because of the reforms in the Liberal.
    Not sure if that's right....
    Yes, I think that's right. Churchill swapped sides in 1906, in support of the reforms.

ReputationRep:
    Lloyd George..

-1905, president of the Board of Trade
    -1908, chancellor of exchequer
    -1915, minister of munitions
    -July 1916, secretary of state for war
    -December 1916, primeminister

Churchill..
    - 1906, swaps from conservatives
    -1908, Board of Trade
    -1910, Home Secretary
    -1919 - 1921, secretary of state for war and air
    -1924 - 1929, chancellor of the exchequer.

In 1908 David Lloyd George, the Chancellor of the Exchequer in the Liberal government led by Herbert Asquith proposed the 1911 National Insurance Act.

ReputationRep:
    remember guys..HOME FRONT too, remember to revise this !!

i think it will be it
    not Liberal Reforms, we know the devious minds of exam boards

ReputationRep:
    Well my teacher was at a OCR History Conference and when they asked will Liberal Reforms he said " I couldn't possibly say" with a smile on his face. Which apparently almost definitely implies it will be.

ReputationRep:
    BTW "he" is the Cheif Examiner

ReputationRep:
    ok, just don't have a go at me, when you are asked about whether it is portraying 'total war'..

yes, i know he said that, but he is a clever man is Ben Walsh..just i think it is Home Front

ReputationRep:
    ok, I will revise the Home Front as well, what are the main sections?

Prorpganda, Conscription and Rationing.

Also acts like DORA? Which gave the Government way more power such as the power to censor any news it wanted?

What did you mean about the Total War thing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahia)
    Is anyone doing Renaissance Medicine for paper 2? I can't find anything on whether the Big 3's ideas were accpeted short / long term!
    Yo, I did it last year, any questions etc you need help on, just ask.
    Only Pare's was accepted, I'll elaborate if you wish.

ReputationRep:
    This is the Modern Wolrd History thread, I don't think *not sure* that Renaissance Medicine is one of the Depth Studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mit321)
    This is the Modern Wolrd History thread, I don't think *not sure* that Renaissance Medicine is one of the Depth Studies.
    It's OCR, and they have it on Wednesday, yet I think it classes as Schools History Project, alas it can do no harm.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.