Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone perhaps have any quotes from theorists in relation to genre?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.alevelmedia.com/college/booklets/essays.htm good site for exam preparation

ReputationRep:
    I did the representation/stereotyping of teenagers for my Unit 5 essay. I looked at the Breakfast Club and Skins. I guess it doesn't really apply here though lol.

ReputationRep:
    Just to confirm the sneaky hints i posted were for the MED6 EXAM not the MED4.
    Oh and the notes which i posted were what my teacher told me to revise as she has seen the MED6 text (apparently all teachers have to watch the moving text to make sure it works) and gave us the hints which i posted, just to clarify. So don't go amd at me if something random comes up, blame my teacher!

Any predictions as to the MED6?

ReputationRep:
    im going with big brother

ReputationRep:
    this is about the representation question in unit 4 ......... under what umbrella would race issues come under..............e.g youth talk about how teenagers are stereotyped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twista999)
    im going with big brother

ANd wat are you going to link big brother to.......

ReputationRep:
    If we had Big Brother what would be the print based text?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Felicity07)
    If we had Big Brother what would be the print based text?
    possibly a womens mag with jade on the cover ?

just a thought

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that'd be a good idea. I'm getting curious now!

ReputationRep:
    btw if i knew i would say but im only guessing so god knows!

ReputationRep:
    right, i'm doing med 4 & 6 tomorrow -

pretty clear on med 4: churn out usual essay on representation of black people and on the western genre - both with plenty of close analysis and the odd theory...right?

and is med 6 simply a comparative deconstruction, where you just look at aspects of the media language used in either text and talk about them in terms of the key concepts with applications of theory? sorry to ask but we haven't done any med 6 work AT ALL

ReputationRep:
    My friend has just found a whole double page on Reality TV is basically what we all know from watching it like aspirations to be celebrities etc. and how the images of the contestants are constructed by editors which would be worth mentioning in an answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilson.)

pretty clear on med 4: churn out usual essay on representation of black people and on the western genre - both with plenty of close analysis and the odd theory...right?

and is med 6 simply a comparative deconstruction, where you just look at aspects of the media language used in either text and talk about them in terms of the key concepts with applications of theory? sorry to ask but we haven't done any med 6 work AT ALL
    No No no for med 6. It's not just a comparison. You have to bring in debates and issues and find other texts from your own knowledge to compare similar issues. It's quite complicated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wilson.)

This pretty much sounds right, make sure you include your Political, Social, Economic, and Historical to pick up marks, theory you mentioned
    and yeah the KC really.. agh i'm dreading this!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrissywoody)
    My friend has just found a whole double page on Reality TV is basically what we all know from watching it like aspirations to be celebrities etc. and how the images of the contestants are constructed by editors which would be worth mentioning in an answer.
    please share?

ReputationRep:
    the only theory that gets to my head is the one on audience, uses and gratifications, blumler and katz, check it out if u havnt already

ReputationRep:
    havent got a clue about who they are and what their theory is! will have a browse and see whilst learning about the Holocaust...:eek:

ReputationRep:
    lol... i've realised that most genre questions have a lot to do with audience expectations.... am i right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by twista999)
    the only theory that gets to my head is the one on audience, uses and gratifications, blumler and katz, check it out if u havnt already
    John McQuaill is a good one to use; the uses of the media in terms of the audience. Using the media:

• For Personal Identity; identifying with celebrities etc, gaining insight into yourself.

• For Information, self learning.

• For entertainment; escapism and emotional release.

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.