Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I think I will be; but on the other hand I'll probably end up thinking that I can't do anything about it.
    Although they haven't gone all that well so when the day comes I might well be, especially in some of them.
    (French, Geography, English).

ReputationRep:
    I'm ****ting bricks, so to speak.
    If i get 5 A-C's it'll be a miracle.

ReputationRep:
    Lozz2601, That is the right attitude to have.

It's done, and you have done the best you can.

You cannot do any better.

*repeats to self*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geogal)
    Lozz2601, That is the right attitude to have.

It's done, and you have done the best you can.

You cannot do any better.

*repeats to self*
    It's always harder when it's actually happening though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poshtotty)
    Well for me, it actually sounds quite close. The 21st of August seems ages away but you put it into weeks, it makes me even mroe nervous. I actually had a dream last night about my results. I am sooooo nervous.
    I had a dream about results day, didn't do as well as I had hoped. Oh well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poshtotty)
    I've heard about the log in but how do you get it? And when can you see your results?
    I did Edexcel PE last year so I got a lil pin thing, I got a new one this year too. You have to sign up using the pin number candidate number etc on the edexcel website, you CAN do this now. Then sometime in July you get sent a login and password in an email. This is what you use on results day (though you can login beforehand but there wont be anything there, as I tested :rolleyes: ). Then at 6.00AM on the 21st August (My birthday :rolleyes: ) you can login and see your Edexcel results. Im not sure about IGCSE ones, though I suspect you probably can. I hope that clears it up. It shouldnt be any different from last year.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see the point of getting nervous about results.
    I knew that it was all predetermined, and I had a fair idea of what I was going to get.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louisepwhu)
    I did Edexcel PE last year so I got a lil pin thing, I got a new one this year too. You have to sign up using the pin number candidate number etc on the edexcel website, you CAN do this now. Then sometime in July you get sent a login and password in an email. This is what you use on results day (though you can login beforehand but there wont be anything there, as I tested :rolleyes: ). Then at 6.00AM on the 21st August (My birthday :rolleyes: ) you can login and see your Edexcel results. Im not sure about IGCSE ones, though I suspect you probably can. I hope that clears it up. It shouldnt be any different from last year.
    Well in that case, I'd rather go into school since I probably won't wake till 7 anyway. And I reckon I'd rather get them all in one go. Less pain.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    A-Levels are memorisation exercise. They're incredibly futile -- and yet universities regard them.
    In subjects like Psychology, Sociology, ICT, etc maybe.

English Literature/ Languages/ History/ Maths/ Sciences err... no

Particularly English Lit. So unbelievable subjective marking, and no idea what questions will come up at all.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know mine now! And I havent even done all my exams lol....

ReputationRep:
    yea im gonna b abit nervous but iv found tha exams nt to bad .

im definately openin my letter at home

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably start getting nervous near the time, since I put next to no effort into even trying to revise...

ReputationRep:
    I'm confident except for biology cause that was just horrible

ReputationRep:
    I'm nervy about it, because i'm pretty sure i've failed everything [well maybe i've got a C in maths].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greatleysteg)
    In subjects like Psychology, Sociology, ICT, etc maybe.

English Literature/ Languages/ History/ Maths/ Sciences err... no

Particularly English Lit. So unbelievable subjective marking, and no idea what questions will come up at all.
    I do ICT and maths and have to say maths is as much a memorisation exercise as ICT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louiscbrooks)
    I do ICT and maths and have to say maths is as much a memorisation exercise as ICT.
    You can't be on for a very good grade, then.

Maths is all about practising the skills, which most people have to do to succeed in it.

ReputationRep:
    confident :P
    so far anyways... the AEA is going to be the one I'll worry about.

ReputationRep:
    IM SCARED TO DEATH.
    im anxious, nervous, scared,
    i just know i tried my best.

but then my parents never look in another perspective that i'd tried my best, my parents, i can say, that they just want the good grades, if i get a C or D in this exam, they will definitely scold me.
    they rarely say " you can do better during the next test", they would say "get a 80% back"

are any of your parents like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [m a a r i.])
    but then my parents never look in another perspective that i'd tried my best, my parents, i can say, that they just want the good grades, if i get a C or D in this exam, they will definitely scold me.
    they rarely say " you can do better during the next test", they would say "get a 80% back"

Luckily no, my parents know I've put the effort in so will be happy with whatever I get (unless I did ridiculously bad obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [m a a r i.])
    IM SCARED TO DEATH.
    im anxious, nervous, scared,
    i just know i tried my best.

My mum is exactly like that!
    I was talking to her last night about GCSEs and she was like " I'll get you a laptop if you get all As". I told her there was no chance in hell of that happening and I told her I'd put in a lot of effort so I didn't care about the grades and she just glared at me. I hate how my parents completely overestimate my academic ability. I know I'm going to make them disappointed and that's the worst thing because the grades I get are mine not theirs so they have no right to belittle whatever grades I get because I know I've done my best :mad:.
    Like I remember I only lost two marks in my English coursework and my mum wondered what happened to the other two marks! It sucks!
    I'm not sure if that actually made any sense at all looking back but aw well!
    /rant

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.