Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What's stronger, Benadryl or Zirtek?

ReputationRep:
    Some tips to try and help people suffering:

-if the medicine you've got isn't working, try alternative ones, or asking about the injection which prevents hayfever. (there's a wide variety: tablets, eye drops, nose sprays...)

-try and work out when your hayfever is worst. Avoid being outside/ having windows open at this time

-wear glasses/ sunglasses if your eyes get sore (really does help!)

-put a thin layer of vaseline under/around your nostrils (sounds nasty, but majorly helps if you're really suffering!)

It's probably quite obvious from this, but I suffer very badly from hayfever!

ReputationRep:
    I get itchy eyes and if I rub them the slightest they become sore. Also runny, itchy nose causing me to sneeze; in fact, today I sneezed eight times in a row!

ReputationRep:
    I've been having really bad hayfever for the past few years. My eyes get reeeeeally itchy, so I rub them, which usually makes them bloodshot and the pink bit on the inside gets swollen The eyes are definitely the worst bit. But there's also the runny nose/sore throat part.

Little story....my sister and I found these weird plants in a field (no idea what they were called, not in UK), that had little seed heads that were spiky all over, and if you threw them at your clothes they stuck like velcro. So we had a 'seedhead fight' and got ourselves covered in them.....which was so much fun at the time but brought on major hayfever consequences, and not being able to get them off afterwards without them breaking apart into hundreds of seeds!!! (they were still stuck after going through the wash!)....meh, I'd do it again :P

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 12, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.