Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nk9230)
Im American

Currently in High School in Upstate New York, going for the IB

Im looking at 3 Unis in the U.K
Cool. What/where are you thinking of studying?
jovana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by global_warning)
You are starting a BA in Law, but what happens to your three years of college credit from the US? Isn't it worth it to finish the degree so that you have that BA/BSc also? You could probably wangle some independent study, some online, some summer school to finish off the final thirty credits or so.
no, i'm not that bothered. and i couldn't because i have to take 3 senior seminars (i was doing a triple major) which means huge research projects, one as part of a team doing something locally. they are sort of like dissertations here. and i have to do a maths course and i just don't want to. if i ever feel like it i could always go back to america, but i don't want to. i'd rather just get my law degree here and start practicing.
nk9230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by global_warning)
Cool. What/where are you thinking of studying?
Either Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science.
123monster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vander Beth)
From Dallas and am home-schooled.

I am deciding whether to study US or UK.
hey... I'm homescholed too! and can't decide where to study...
vander Beth
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 123monster)
hey... I'm homescholed too! and can't decide where to study...
Are you interested in studying in the US or abroad?
123monster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you interested in studying in the US or abroad?
I'm not sure... I'm was looking into boarding schools in the uk (for high school)... but sort of decided against it since I've been studying on a higher level... basically my parents really want me to go to peg... but I'm not really interested, so I'll prob end up being home-schooled another yr, finish my bachelor of science and see from there. Maybe then (I'll be 14) I'll get into oxford even though I'm young... but I don't know anyone who did that, so I don't know if it's possible.:rolleyes:

How about you?
123monster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Applications are in 3 months and I still don't know:woo: .
you've looked @ schools in the uk?
vander Beth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wanted to look at Cambridge, but it would mean taking a year off. I can't imagine not going to school for another year.

I do like St. Andrews in Scotland, though. It seems like a good fit. But then again, I may just go to school in the US.
nk9230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have another year left of HS, but it seems for me, Loughborough, Sheffield, and QMUL are the only ones i like so far in the UK.
123monster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wanted to look at Cambridge, but it would mean taking a year off. I can't imagine not going to school for another year.

I do like St. Andrews in Scotland, though. It seems like a good fit. But then again, I may just go to school in the US.
how do you like being homeschooled? and who teaches you? your parents? yourself?
vander Beth
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 123monster)
how do you like being homeschooled? and who teaches you? your parents? yourself?
I love being homeschooled. I did, in fact, go to public school for a little while and did not enjoy it. I mostly teach myself now. My parents let me learn whatever I please as long as I go to college.

What about you?
123monster
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love being homeschooled. I did, in fact, go to public school for a little while and did not enjoy it. I mostly teach myself now. My parents let me learn whatever I please as long as I go to college.

What about you?
I went to a private school until I was nine... when they wanted me to skip another grade my parents decided to home school me...
I guess I'm OK with it, it's fun cuz I get to travel... but I really want to go to a normal high school--- we'll see what happens.
cbuchwa1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm from New York, just finished undergrad in upstate NY and I'll be starting at Cardiff Uni for postgrad in September.
nk9230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cbuchwa1)
I'm from New York, just finished undergrad in upstate NY and I'll be starting at Cardiff Uni for postgrad in September.
Im in Upstate New York!
Where were you at?
Union, RPI?
cbuchwa1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm from NYC originally, so really anywhere else is "upstate," sorry -- we even refer to Westchester as upstate.

I went to Ithaca. I guess it'd be considered western NY?
nk9230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cbuchwa1)
I'm from NYC originally, so really anywhere else is "upstate," sorry -- we even refer to Westchester as upstate.

I went to Ithaca. I guess it'd be considered western NY?
ah still, i know where that is lol.
ILikeToHaveFun
Report 10 years ago
I love Americans, especially the girls =P
nk9230
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ILikeToHaveFun)
I love Americans, especially the girls =P
ha! If you went to my High School, im sure you wouldnt. :p:
AlysonJ220
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hey everyone! I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and after visiting Europe twice with my high school, I decided I wanted to live there. Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't pay for my University if I left the country, so I ended up at University of San Diego. I did have a chance to study abroad in Oxford this past Spring, however, which just further convinced me that England is where I belong.

I'm currently going into my last year here in San Diego, finishing up two concurrent bachelors degrees in philosophy and business administration, both of which I chose for their reputations as being good pre-law majors. I'm in the process of applying to schools in the UK to read for an LLB (the GDL/CPE route didn't interest me; I'm more of an academic at heart ) starting Fall 2009.
ILikeToHaveFun
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by AlysonJ220)
Hey everyone! I grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area, and after visiting Europe twice with my high school, I decided I wanted to live there. Unfortunately, my parents wouldn't pay for my University if I left the country, so I ended up at University of San Diego. I did have a chance to study abroad in Oxford this past Spring, however, which just further convinced me that England is where I belong.

I'm currently going into my last year here in San Diego, finishing up two concurrent bachelors degrees in philosophy and business administration, both of which I chose for their reputations as being good pre-law majors. I'm in the process of applying to schools in the UK to read for an LLB (the GDL/CPE route didn't interest me; I'm more of an academic at heart ) starting Fall 2009.
Hey! You are amazing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (117)
80.69%
Leave (28)
19.31%

Watched Threads