Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mosesff)
Tedster
TechSpot Evangelist Location: Fort Lee, VA
System specs

PSU is dead - and perhaps the rest of your system. Replace the PSU and hope the rest of your system isn't damaged.

A google search showed this I think like VT said I'll replace the PSU if I can,
You said you had a spare 350W PSU. That should easily be more than enough to power your computer for basic operation. Swap them out and let us know what happens.

You say your computer doesn't turn on - can you hear any fans spinning up when you press the power button? Does your computer make any beeping noises? These are all vital clues as to where the system is failing.

As for computer shops, I know of a good one in Cambridge called Cantab Millenium on Mill Road, but I realise that's a bit of a way away from Peterborough.
mosesff
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
You said you had a spare 350W PSU. That should easily be more than enough to power your computer for basic operation. Swap them out and let us know what happens.

You say your computer doesn't turn on - can you hear any fans spinning up when you press the power button? Does your computer make any beeping noises? These are all vital clues as to where the system is failing.

As for computer shops, I know of a good one in Cambridge called Cantab Millenium on Mill Road, but I realise that's a bit of a way away from Peterborough.
No spinning, no nothing, I click the power supply button check the AC is plugged in click the button for power frantically nothing changes.

I might try the 350w.
I went a distance for my laptop once, I think its better than nothing.
DoMakeSayThink
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mosesff)
I might try the 350w.
Do it! It's not going to do your computer any damage at all, and it'll tell you whether it's your PSU or not that's broken.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (490)
37.72%
No - but I will (100)
7.7%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.77%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (621)
47.81%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise