Stargate. Watch

Jace Falco
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jmj)
Well, the fact she might not come back to Atlantis is a good thing for people who think she's now in a relationship with O'Neill... I mean, talk about long distance :p:

Woolsey's replacing her? That's an interesting one... I found him a quite a complex character. You end up thinking he's a real jerk in Heroes but then after Inaguaration you think he's not so bad
O'Neill's put on a bit of weight :p:

Have you seen any of the Atlantis episodes with Woolsey as leader? They're so unfair on him. He's always been the character everyone hates for doing things by the book, but just on occasion the book is right. I can't remember exactly what was happening on the episode I'm thinking of, but my brother and I were watching it, Woolsey did something, all the team members gasp and sigh and protest, and my brother and I just looked at each other and said, "Well, that was actually quite sensible and practical."
jmj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jace Falco)
O'Neill's put on a bit of weight
Yeah, I noticed that too. Did you see the ad RDA starred in as MacGyver? He looked like he'd put a bit of weight on then, but he's put on even more weight now... but I'm thinking that all the times they'd have to be just shot running through dirt or something, they'd get their exercise :p:

Have you seen any of the Atlantis episodes with Woolsey as leader? They're so unfair on him. He's always been the character everyone hates for doing things by the book, but just on occasion the book is right. I can't remember exactly what was happening on the episode I'm thinking of, but my brother and I were watching it, Woolsey did something, all the team members gasp and sigh and protest, and my brother and I just looked at each other and said, "Well, that was actually quite sensible and practical."
Nope, I haven't- but I can see what you mean; that's kinda what I meant. Woolsey's always painted as the bad guy, e.g. in Heroes. At the time, you think Woolsey is being really mean, but when you rewatch the episode after Inaugaration you don't think he's that bad and you watch Heroes a second time and what he says seems quite practical. He's just potrayed as a stuffy self-righteous dude who's being really insensitive, when really he just wants the gate and the SGC to be run properly and the good things to outrun the bad things. E.g. when Fraiser dies, he's not trying to be mean- he just wants to make it so that it never happens again and a lot of what he says in Inaugaration really makes sense.

I've grown to really like Woolsey- going against Kinsey like that, after Kinsey basically threatened to blackmail the President- I think that took a lot of guts and it made me see him in a completely different light.
Jace Falco
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jmj)
Yeah, I noticed that too. Did you see the ad RDA starred in as MacGyver? He looked like he'd put a bit of weight on then, but he's put on even more weight now... but I'm thinking that all the times they'd have to be just shot running through dirt or something, they'd get their exercise :p:
Well, O'Neill's a general now, isn't he? Doesn't do the whole 'running around getting shot' thing anymore.

(Original post by jmj)
Nope, I haven't- but I can see what you mean; that's kinda what I meant. Woolsey's always painted as the bad guy, e.g. in Heroes. At the time, you think Woolsey is being really mean, but when you rewatch the episode after Inaugaration you don't think he's that bad and you watch Heroes a second time and what he says seems quite practical. He's just potrayed as a stuffy self-righteous dude who's being really insensitive, when really he just wants the gate and the SGC to be run properly and the good things to outrun the bad things. E.g. when Fraiser dies, he's not trying to be mean- he just wants to make it so that it never happens again and a lot of what he says in Inaugaration really makes sense.

I've grown to really like Woolsey- going against Kinsey like that, after Kinsey basically threatened to blackmail the President- I think that took a lot of guts and it made me see him in a completely different light.
I'm afraid that you have me at a disadvantage, my geeky friend. I don't remember the names of episodes, and I do not remember what happened in those to which you refer.
suneilr
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm Woolsey's character hasn't really grown on me yet. He's getting less annoying in SGA than in some of the SG1 episodes but I don't think I'd go so far as to say I like him yet. Personally the character whos grown on me the most is McKay. He was really annoying and detestable in SG1 but in SGA he seems much more human.
unknown1557
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree, McKay has changed a fair bit, for the better. Woolsey is slowly changing and realising things don't always go according to regulations.
jmj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, O'Neill's a general now, isn't he? Doesn't do the whole 'running around getting shot' thing anymore.
Yeah, exactly

I'm afraid that you have me at a disadvantage, my geeky friend. I don't remember the names of episodes, and I do not remember what happened in those to which you refer.
I seem to, after only a few posts on this thread, given away my geekiness of Stargate :rolleyes:. Heroes is the double parter in S7 where there's a film crew and Woolsey interrogates SG-1 after Fraiser gets hit and O'Neill almost dies.

Inaugaration is the episode where the new President gets briefed on the gate programme (still S7, set right after Heroes) and Kinsey tries to get the new President to hand over the SGC to the NID. Woolsey makes the case for this on Kinsey's behalf.

I do defend myself- I do not remember the name of *every* episode, and I have a DVD volume containing those three episodes so I've watched them quite a few times... they never get old :p: Oh yeah... I'm a geek alright :yep:
Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
O'Neill's put on a bit of weight :p:

That's how the world works :p: I really like the new season of Atlantis, I wasn't happy at first with Woolsey assuming the post but he's turned out not so bad Infact he's quite cute at times :p:

I cant believe they cancelled it though!! *cries* What am I supposed to watch now?!!

I cant wait for the new spin-off SGniverse, that should be interesting I bet it doesn't last longer than 2 series though Whatever happened to space scifi? It's all gone
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jmj)
Yeah, exactly

I seem to, after only a few posts on this thread, given away my geekiness of Stargate :rolleyes:. Heroes is the double parter in S7 where there's a film crew and Woolsey interrogates SG-1 after Fraiser gets hit and O'Neill almost dies.

Inaugaration is the episode where the new President gets briefed on the gate programme (still S7, set right after Heroes) and Kinsey tries to get the new President to hand over the SGC to the NID. Woolsey makes the case for this on Kinsey's behalf.

I do defend myself- I do not remember the name of *every* episode, and I have a DVD volume containing those three episodes so I've watched them quite a few times... they never get old :p: Oh yeah... I'm a geek alright :yep:
I'm exactly the same! My bf finds it really sad that I know the names of the SG episodes :p: When I used to be super-obsessed I used to know most of the names of episodes including the seasons they are in, I am a proud Stargate geek Unfortunately recently I've forgotten quite a bit due to the fact that I'm very busy during uni and don't get much chance to rewatch episodes

Oh and one last thing, I LOVE HEROES!!!! It's one of my favourites, makes me cry every time
jmj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Darkened Angel)
I'm exactly the same! My bf finds it really sad that I know the names of the SG episodes :p: When I used to be super-obsessed I used to know most of the names of episodes including the seasons they are in, I am a proud Stargate geek Unfortunately recently I've forgotten quite a bit due to the fact that I'm very busy during uni and don't get much chance to rewatch episodes
Nice to know you're a Stargate geek! I think we've found something in common :yep: What is your view on the whole 'Carter and O'Neill relationship' thing?

Oh and one last thing, I LOVE HEROES!!!! It's one of my favourites, makes me cry every time
Heroes is one of my favourites, too. It's just sooo good. It's so sad that Fraiser died but the way they did that was amazing.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jmj)
Nice to know you're a Stargate geek! I think we've found something in common :yep: What is your view on the whole 'Carter and O'Neill relationship' thing?
Hehe definitely I love the whole Carter and O'Neill thing, and I love all the alternate reality episode where they are together or hinted that they are together. I've never had an issue with their relationship really, I think it's quite interesting, afterall, who wouldn't fall for McGyver? :p:

Have you ever watched McGyver? I watched some episodes when I found out RDA was in it, it's sooo corny! I love it!
jmj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hehe definitely I love the whole Carter and O'Neill thing, and I love all the alternate reality episode where they are together or hinted that they are together. I've never had an issue with their relationship really, I think it's quite interesting, afterall, who wouldn't fall for McGyver? :p:
I love the Carter/O'Neill thing too... I guess you could label me as a 'shipper'

Have you ever watched McGyver? I watched some episodes when I found out RDA was in it, it's sooo corny! I love it!
I love it too, I love the theme tune and his monologues about what he's doing. I think one of the best things I've seen from Macgyver was when he was staying at his grandfather's cabin and he ends up making grenades out of pine cones lol :p:

There's a really funny SG-1 outtake from Soltidues, when Carter's digging through the ice and she starts complaining that he should be able to get them out because he was Macgyver. I think it's called 'Stargate SG-1 prank' or something.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jmj)
I love the Carter/O'Neill thing too... I guess you could label me as a 'shipper'
Are you member of Gateworld by any chance? I used to post on there quite regularly until it became boring. They have quite a few shipper threads, the McKay/Beckett one used to be great :p: The 5some I started was quite funny too :p:
I love it too, I love the theme tune and his monologues about what he's doing. I think one of the best things I've seen from Macgyver was when he was staying at his grandfather's cabin and he ends up making grenades out of pine cones lol :p:
Think I remember that episode, I love how unrealistic the show is. Ever seen Mythbusters? They did a MacGyver special where they tested some of his inventions, surprisingly enough none of them worked :p:
There's a really funny SG-1 outtake from Soltidues, when Carter's digging through the ice and she starts complaining that he should be able to get them out because he was Macgyver. I think it's called 'Stargate SG-1 prank' or something.
Yeah I've seen that, you're as sad as I am
cjgbr
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you member of Gateworld by any chance? I used to post on there quite regularly until it became boring. They have quite a few shipper threads, the McKay/Beckett one used to be great :p: The 5some I started was quite funny too :p:
Think I remember that episode, I love how unrealistic the show is. Ever seen Mythbusters? They did a MacGyver special where they tested some of his inventions, surprisingly enough none of them worked :p:

I think that was awsome and SG1 is great however SGA is even better. I cannot wait for SGU
Jace Falco
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be fair I've also seen that :ninja:
Swifter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
SG-1 is far better than SGA for me. SGA has a slight recycled feel to it, nothing can beat the early seasons of SG-1. I also don't think the team chemistry is as strong as the original SG-1 team, though that would be very hard to beat.
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I like the early seasons of SG1 but I've found that SGA is much better than the later series of SG1. I'm quite looking forward to SGU as well.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree that SG1 is far better, nothing will ever come close to it! Except Rodney McKay ofcourse :lovehug:
To be fair I've also seen that :ninja:
Hehe :p:

Anyone heard the Stargate song written by the producers? It is absolutely awesome!! I actually memorised it :o:
Jace Falco
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I agree that SG1 is far better, nothing will ever come close to it! Except Rodney McKay ofcourse :lovehug:
Jennifer Keller :yep:
Swifter
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Fraser>Beckett>Keller
suneilr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Swifter)
Fraser>Beckett>Keller
Hmm I actually quite liked all three of them. I don't think I can actually rank them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (285)
37.75%
No - but I will (53)
7.02%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
47.95%

Watched Threads