Change, coppers etc Watch

x.Crystal.x
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by XxJaninexX)
Since the start of college i have been putting pennies, 2ps, 5ps, 10ps, and the odd 20p in a jar.

2 years later the jars really fully (its pretty big) and i feel i want to spend the money and treat myself lol.

Just wondering, you know that coinstar or whatever they are things in supermarkets, how much do they charge you?
I know it a pain in the arse, but id bag them all up in the little bags you get from the bank, take them in and get it all changed that way, doesnt cost a thing
Steffiewoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You don't have to count your change out into those bags- just separate it into the different coins and take them to the bank like that and they will weigh them for you and put it into your account, provided you have over a certain amount- I think its £5, but it could be £10. Almost as easy as a coinstar and they don't take any of it from you.
SuperDaz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Steffiewoo)
You don't have to count your change out into those bags- just separate it into the different coins and take them to the bank like that and they will weigh them for you and put it into your account, provided you have over a certain amount- I think its £5, but it could be £10. Almost as easy as a coinstar and they don't take any of it from you.
I did not know that. That is brand new information :eek2:

I like counting out money anyway though
hayleyk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I recently cashed in 2/3 years collection at coinstar and got £110 back, it only took about £10 which seriously isn't a big deal...because it counts how many of each coin you had and the prospect of otherwise having to have counted 436 2p and over 600 1p coins was a bit terrifying, ah ...my low attention span
natweststaffmember
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Superdiaz, do you want to know the most annoying thing about your post. The coin bags say how much of each denomination should go in, and if its simply dumped in bags willy nilly, it is an absolute pain in the rear. (you do not want to know what the cashier is thinking!!)
subterfuge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i remember reading on the internet once that some of the coinstar machines let you exchange coppers for itunes vouchers but don't charge you anything for it (presumably they get money for selling the vouchers from itunes)
Anyway, it might just be american ones, but it said that if you selected vouchers then pulled out the internet cable, it'd put an error message up and give you money instead... Just incase anyone can be bothered with the effort!

i've counted by measuring the height of the stacks before
lincs_b
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by XxJaninexX)
Since the start of college i have been putting pennies, 2ps, 5ps, 10ps, and the odd 20p in a jar.

2 years later the jars really fully (its pretty big) and i feel i want to spend the money and treat myself lol.

Just wondering, you know that coinstar or whatever they are things in supermarkets, how much do they charge you?
My bank has one of these machines that doesn't charge but the money goes into my account. My bank is HSBC but whether your local branch has one :confused:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed