Relationship with teacher. Watch

Sickminded
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had something like that, but as a guy, i got props for it...
as a young lady....you get the other half...
i was 26 and she was 35 or so...a college professor *though not in any direct authority to me*
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sickminded)
I had something like that, but as a guy, i got props for it...
as a young lady....you get the other half...
i was 26 and she was 35 or so...a college professor *though not in any direct authority to me*

Heh, not quite such an age gap as the OP and hers though!
Sickminded
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Charlski)
Heh, not quite such an age gap as the OP and hers though!
no, but she was a bit of a nutcase....:confused:
MakingMoves
Report 10 years ago
Haha. Go for it

You only live once.
On-The-Verge
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've been in this situation, he was also 36 at the time but it happened just before i went away to uni so none of my friends from school actually knew about it. But when i told my uni friends everyone supported me in whatever i decided to do and provided a shoulder to cry on so it must be really hard for you not having support. Also when my friends from home found out after it ended they didn't seem suprised because of how well my ex teacher and i got on at sixth form. You shouldn't have to make a choice and if you feel you do they do not seem to be real friends. However, i don't know what this man is like personally so your mates will obv be judging him differently.

Good luck with everything. Me and my ex teacher really tried to keep it friendly and cool but there were just too many feelings there and we ended up getting into a relationship. It got difficult though, firstly it was long distance, he felt guilty about the age gap and always felt he was holding me back from experiencing young uni life. He also found it hard to get his head around how we came to be together. This meant he was scared of anyone knowing esp my parents. I was so in love though and none of this mattered to me but all of his conflicting feelings made it v difficult to be a proper couple and i didn't really know where i stood tbh. Eventually contact fazed out and i met a lad my own age who i love. However i don't know if i'll ever get over the teacher all together, some days the feeling comes back stronger if he's been in my dream or something but other days he doesn't enter my mind. Sometimes i wish we had remained friends instead of spilling our feelings and then i'd still be meeting up with him having a laugh. But as my boyf knows about our history this is not possible anymore as it would hurt his feelings alot. If your ex teacher is open about it and commited from the start you should go for it, he seemingly doesn't have any baggage which is a great thing. My ex teacher had an ex wife and 2 kids so that made it even more difficult. Soz about the long post!
Charlski
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sickminded)
no, but she was a bit of a nutcase....:confused:

Eep! Why?
Sickminded
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Charlski)
Eep! Why?
Divorce, suicidal ex husband, alcoholism, that would make anyone nutty
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Please, please, please anon or delete.

Ok, so I have just finished school (I mean A levels - I'm 18), and I have got into a sexual relationship with my ex teacher since finishing school (we were really friendly for years whilst I was at school).

He's 36, and a really great guy. I get one with him really well, and we share a lot of the same interests. However, those of my friends who know aren't too impressed. Apparently it's 'sick' and 'wrong', which I don't think it is.

He's not married, has no children, no partner or any other form of baggage, so it's not like I'm letting myself in for something awful. Basically, I was just wondering if anyone might have any suggestions as to how I can persuade my friends that my relationship with him really isn't 'sick' or whatever. I know I really shouldn't care about what other people think, but it is kind of hard when your best friends are continually badmouthing your relationship.

Thanks for your time
Effectively? You can't. Rational persuasion is unlikely to work on irrational and bigoted people.
Anonymous #8
Report 9 years ago
Just curious - are you still with him, and how did it work out? Was going to reply but realised how out of date this was :-)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.23%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.96%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (497)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise