Students stabbed and set alight Watch

Kater Murr
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really understand why there's a discussion on this. We all agree.
coolworld37
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That is ******g sick.

Two well educated human beings who had a good life ahead of them. I really feel sorry for the families. Travelling to London to identify their sons of this brutal attack must be horrific.

I say find the killer(s), hang them in public and then feed them to the lions. If only..
Don_Kamikaze
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Criminals like them don't usually get caught.

What surprises me is how people can find Saddam Hussein in a hole in Iraq...
flexiblefish
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I apologise in advance if anyone finds this as bad taste, but I have just checked the Imperial email list and Laurent is still listed where as Gabriel is not, you would have thought that imperial would have got there act on this, or were they not banking on people like me just having a quick look.

I apologise, but I just wanted to see if imperial admin are as bad as I think they are and althought the rector has made a statement the admin staff have not been filtered to yet.
DoMakeSayThink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh for crying out loud. This thread has descended way beyond the realms of meaningless, sweeping bull ****. If you want to talk about how all blacks are murderers, or how all psychopaths are white, or how you'll die if you visit London, or how you should get lynch mobs after paedophiles, then do it somewhere else. Better still, stop making such f-ing stupid comments, and think about what you're saying.

I'm shocked by this news, and deeply saddened. I know many people at Imperial, and to think of any of them killed so brutally is painful. My deepest sympathies go out to the friends and families of those killed.
Gimperial
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DoMakeSayThink)
Oh for crying out loud. This thread has descended way beyond the realms of meaningless, sweeping bull ****. If you want to talk about how all blacks are murderers, or how all psychopaths are white, or how you'll die if you visit London, or how you should get lynch mobs after paedophiles, then do it somewhere else. Better still, stop making such f-ing stupid comments, and think about what you're saying.

I'm shocked by this news, and deeply saddened. I know many people at Imperial, and to think of any of them killed so brutally is painful. My deepest sympathies go out to the friends and families of those killed.
Thank you very much.
Don_Kamikaze
Report 10 years ago

One of the few intelligent things that were said today.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If you want to talk about how all blacks are murderers
Nobody's saying that. But it is true that the worst areas of major US and UK cities are black, and that there is disproportionate crime in the black community relative to other communities.
Gimperial
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

But were you truly deeply saddened? Or are you saying that cos its become the fashion. I never hear thigns like this when people talk about whole famillies getting blown up in Iraq / Afghanistan.

I do hear a lot of "nuke those *******s", "roudn them up and shoot them all" etc. It seems that people have become desentisised to genocide or rather, genocide in other places but not to death of individuals.
DoMakeSayThink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Nobody's saying that. But it is true that the worst areas of major US and UK cities are black, and that there is disprortionate crime in the black community relative to other communities.
I'm well aware of that, however you've got to take into account the fact that we're on an internet forum. For some reason, when reading from a computer screen, almost everyone seems to become most ardoit at extrapolation. Hence, statements about statistical probability are taken as inflammatory. I have some other issues with your posts, but this is not a debate I want to have at the moment, or at the very least not in this thread.
DoMakeSayThink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gimperial)
But were you truly deeply saddened? Or are you saying that cos its become the fashion. I never hear thigns like this when people talk about whole famillies getting blown up in Iraq / Afghanistan.
Yes, I have been truly deeply saddened. More so than when I hear about deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe I explained this when I mentioned those whom I know at Imperial. Does this make me a good person? No, most likely not. I find it easier to feel compassion for those who are in a situation I can recognise. Unfortunately, this is a shortcoming of my personality, but I think it's hardly an uncommon one, and so I tend not to beat myself up about it. I hope that better explains my post.

EDIT: In response to your edit, if you've heard those sorts of things, then it certainly wasn't from me. Firstly, I think the nuclear bomb is a terrible weapon that should never be deployed, and secondly I was hardly shouting my support for the Iraq war.
Gimperial
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, I have been truly deeply saddened. More so than when I hear about deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan. I believe I explained this when I mentioned those whom I know at Imperial. Does this make me a good person? No, most likely not. I find it easier to feel compassion for those who are in a situation I can recognise. Unfortunately, this is a shortcoming of my personality, but I think it's hardly an uncommon one, and so I tend not to beat myself up about it. I hope that better explains my post.
Thats a very interesting 'personal' connection you make to these people to excuse your weird compassion levels.
Gimperial
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trance addict)
to quote stalin "the death of a single man is a tragedy yet the death of millions is a statistic"
And yet, if I give stories of individuals who were killed in such countries the biggest reply I'd get is "how barbaric". None of this "I am deeply saddened", "our thoughts are with them", "our prayers are with them" etc etc.

**** like this piss me off esp when they come from politicians, they seem to use the death of others to advance their career rather than really giving a **** at all. I'd find it quite offensive and disrespectful.
naivesincerity
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have some other issues with your posts, but this is not a debate I want to have at the moment, or at the very least not in this thread.
Well, I probably have been kind of crass at times. I just think that fear of offence prevents the truth from being sought on this important issue.
Lilflipsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Don_Kamikaze)
Criminals like them don't usually get caught.

What surprises me is how people can find Saddam Hussein in a hole in Iraq...
Because Suddam is old, lazy and fat after all those years of luxury lifestyle.
DoMakeSayThink
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gimperial)
Thats a very interesting 'personal' connection you make to these people to excuse your weird compassion levels.
It's not a connection the people themselves, but to the situation they are in, the lifestyle they live. Just from the fact that they were research students at Imperial, I can glean something of their lives. Yes, I attribute to them the traits I would associate to those I know doing research at the institution, and no, that might not be even remotely accurate. I'm just trying to explain why I feel how I feel. I will not try to justify, defend nor excuse my emotions in this case. I don't think emotions are really subject to much logical direction.
Gimperial
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's not a connection the people themselves, but to the situation they are in, the lifestyle they live. Just from the fact that they were research students at Imperial, I can glean something of their lives. Yes, I attribute to them the traits I would associate to those I know doing research at the institution, and no, that might not be even remotely accurate. I'm just trying to explain why I feel how I feel. I will not try to justify, defend nor excuse my emotions in this case. I don't think emotions are really subject to much logical direction.
Yes indeed. However written speech should not be subject to emotion either.
IanDangerously
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Very sad news, but these kind of stories don't shock me anymore as much as they probably should. We all know things like this happen every hour of every day in this country now, and it makes me ill. Unfortunately, there's nothing anybody can do.

These kind of people are a disease to the planet, 'nuff said.
kaytee.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by naivesincerity)
Oh god, New Cross, why doesn't that surprise me, the area has a horrific rep, near Peckham and Brixton also.
is new cross the area where goldsmiths college is, if it is i dont think i'll be applying there, quite a few people have said it has a bad rep.
this is horrific, quite scary actually. if the murderer was someone who had mental problems then i'd be very worried because theres a lot of them walking the street. it was just the other day when i was in a lift in primark and some one was in there swearing at us and muttering things saying, 'i'm going to annihilate you all' :eek:
scottishlad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
And to think of it as a spiritual exercise...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (481)
37.93%
No - but I will (98)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (88)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (601)
47.4%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise