Stop the carrying of knives in Britain Watch

Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Adampolar)
Not really the same though is it, a bloke can't do a page three job whereas anybody could be a drug dealer.
yes but how much knife crime is commited by over 30's?
i'd be supprised if it was over 10%.
thats not aged discrimination its just looking at the facts and applying common sense.
amsi
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i think that no matter what law you use and so forth the ain't gona be enough police everywhere to stop knife violence and it's so easy and obtainable to carry dependin on the area
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My local butcher carries a knife everytime he comes round for tea - Im quite suspicious. He's in his early forties, should I notifiy the police of his odd behaviour?
Varsity
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hate this debate; I have carried a knife for years (in fact since I was about 13) and have never once stabbed a person.

Its not the knife that’s the problem its the scum that carry them, and use them in inappropriate ways.
Why bother getting knives off the streets? They will just swap it for hammers, then bits of glass or anything else they can think of.

Some people are scum, and will always find a weapon.
traxhill
Report 10 years ago
They should monitor stricter all kind of strange people and put them in databases. Definitely, an armed person on the streets has bad thoughts (I am not talking about the police).

In addition, a petition for prisons with more discipline would be perfect!
Anyway, I don’t understand the stupidity of humans (the good ones)…we are afraid of dangerous people and we are living with fear, but when we catch them on wrong position (cold blood killers) we treat them very nice with a place to live, food, gym and the possibility to come back to freedom as trained killers. Nice, right?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gyrase)
My local butcher carries a knife everytime he comes round for tea - Im quite suspicious. He's in his early forties, should I notifiy the police of his odd behaviour?
your on the forfront of knife crime, your on a knife edge, its only a matter of time before the butcher lashes out.
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
yes but how much knife crime is commited by over 30's?
i'd be supprised if it was over 10%.
thats not aged discrimination its just looking at the facts and applying common sense.
So are you trying to say that if they find a knife on a 30yr old man then they should not charge him but they should charge a youth in the same situation?
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 1721)
how would they know if he was facing you or not? but i do agree its rediculous.
If you shoot the person but don't kill them, then that law would come in handy for them.
steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I want to carry a knife. I use it as a tool in lots of situations.

*doesn't sign*
Chemical_Scum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by rosemkate)
but the point iam making is that the average gang member will still continue to carry knives even with this new law, so i can't see how the law will make the streets safer
********! if its enforced properly the "average gang member" will be the average prisoner and thus those who arnt behind bars will soon wise up. as i said it wont stop premeditated murders but it will make fatal random attacks far less likely. i cant imagine what it must feel like at 12-15 to be capable of killing anyone around you. what that must do to the mentality of already ****ed up kids is unimaginable.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Varsity)
I hate this debate; I have carried a knife for years (in fact since I was about 13) and have never once stabbed a person.

Its not the knife that’s the problem its the scum that carry them, and use them in inappropriate ways.
Why bother getting knives off the streets? They will just swap it for hammers, then bits of glass or anything else they can think of.

Some people are scum, and will always find a weapon.
just out of curiosity why have you always carried a knife since the age of 13?
Ang|ophi|e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Phil.Murray)
Pretty much the same as the law governing self-defence in England and Wales. To be honest, I see no problem with such a rule. A person who's in your house but facing away from you poses minimal immediate threat to your personal safety: killing them or seriously injuring them would be wholly disproportionate to the threat they pose.
Then again if an intruder is in your home, how can they not pose a threat to you? Why else would they be in the home?
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ang|ophi|e)
Then again if an intruder is in your home, how can they not pose a threat to you? Why else would they be in the home?
To deliver the mail/parcel?
manderlay in flames
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by steelmole)
I want to carry a knife. I use it as a tool in lots of situations.

*doesn't sign*
do you live ina forest or something?
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Adampolar)
So are you trying to say that if they find a knife on a 30yr old man then they should not charge him but they should charge a youth in the same situation?
im trying to say search young people more, and if a 30 year old has a knife he perhaps might be using it for stabings but if the company he works for uses knifes it doesnt take a genious to work out he isnt a criminal, stop taking the law so literally.
Ang|ophi|e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's a mailman not an intruder.
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i dont know what the postman is like in your area but in my town they tend not to break into peoples houses. probly just burton but who knows.
traxhill
Report 10 years ago
Solution is very simple:

1) Prisons for good (not training places to become perfect killer) - as i wrote in the post before (no. 73)
2) Nobody with knives or anything else like that..only police!!

steelmole
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by only nihilism)
do you live ina forest or something?
No, but I don't think the government should take something like a knife off me because I might do something stupid with it.

And looking at the poll, does it mean use the existing law and just up the sentence to 5 years? Or do you want anyone and everyone to be put away for carrying knives in public. What about butchers/chefs etc? What about small pen knives?
Adampolar
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm not sure about London, but up north our postmen usually knock on the door when delivering a parcel rather than break in to suprise us with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.47%
No - but I will (88)
7.63%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.05%

Watched Threads