wow poor child !

plural-twins-children or simply kids:p:
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by wanderlust.xx)
And if they did it naturally, dearie me, I give the guy props for not being freaking impotent during sex.

Oh my god... WHY DID I SAY THAT. :eek:
they had IVF it said
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
erm..just highlighted key words?
its not in the title thats why
and people need to know facts this it was in India.

why?
I just wanted to know.
Gooner
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This story is ridiculous and so selfish on the mother's part. Surely the mother must know that she's not got many years left in her, so she should be a little more considerate towards her children.
shriya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For all those people,****ging of the woman,atleast she didnt have a child at 14....plus none of you know about the socio-economic policy of India do you? so what's the point arguing about it...IMO you should just sod off or educate yourself better...

But yes,tbh it is sad plus the child will be in debt for the rest of his life
JoiedeVivre5
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im surprised the 70yr old didnt die during child birth..
Antonia87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think this is really selfish. By the time these kids are, say, ten years old there is a high chance the parents will be dead. Who the hell is going to look after them?
gyrase
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JoiedeVivre5)
im surprised the 70yr old didnt die during child birth..
That shows two things;
-elderly women are capable of giving birth; hence we can agree that there is no upper bound age limit for pregnancy
-the doctors in India are far more capable than UK doctors.

I think its quite a feat to be able to take on the responsibility of being pregnant for 9 months at that age, from an aspiring point of view.
jus-mi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
omdayzz are you serious!!...
Antonia87
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shriya)
For all those people,****ging of the woman,atleast she didnt have a child at 14....plus none of you know about the socio-economic policy of India do you? so what's the point arguing about it...IMO you should just sod off or educate yourself better...

But yes,tbh it is sad plus the child will be in debt for the rest of his life
Most 14 year olds have parents, grandparents and friends for support if they have a baby that young. Adding to that, a 14 year old body is more agile and healthy than a 70 year old body. I would much rather have a baby at my current age (20) than an 70 years old.
jillbob
Report 10 years ago
I was aware that its still such a patiarchal society in some countries but this case particulrly shows what lengths some people will go just to get a male heir and raises the whole gender issue again. For saying how far the world is advanced it is still so far behind in cultures like this.
As soon as the twins will be old enough to look out for themselves they will have the responsibility of looking after their elderly parents which I think is an unfair burden on them.
Alreeeet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
too slow!

don't copy my post:p:
DARN IT!
I didnt seee!
MJE
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Does she have a laminated pelvic floor?
mitsabeeba
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
Her husband "mortgaged his land, sold his buffalos, spent his life savings and took out a credit card loan to finance the treatment."
The selling his buffalos bit made me laugh!
I don't think that's right... the children will be orphans at such a young age
why did it make you laugh
not everyone lives the way people in england live ya know
i have relatives in some very weird places, complete with fetching water from streams AND tending to buffalos as well as other animals
its normal, when youre mind can reach far.
Gooner
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by mitsabeeba)
why did it make you laughnot everyone lives the way people in england live ya know
i have relatives in some very weird places, complete with fetching water from streams AND tending to buffalos as well as other animals
its normal, when youre mind can reach far.
Possibly because of a culture difference? Many opinions on this thread could be said to be linked to our varying cultures.
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It was just the context that it was in, it seemed like something very strange to put in the middle of a sentence of normal-sounding things. It is culture difference, I'm not used to seeing buffalos mentioned in everyday life so I guess that's why it made me laugh! I wasn't doing it to cause offense.
joker_900
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is essentially child abuse IMO, and it should be illegal.

Why didn't they just keep having kids years ago, the natural way? Cheaper and the kids would actually get to have parents.

Plus: look around India, this stupid archaic notion which compels families to do stupid **** like this to get a son is not going to help move you along the demographic model.

And I was thinking the same as Bateman - clearly the family has nothing left to pass onto their "heir" (LOL they seem to be farmers, not the royal family) - showing that there is no practical need for a son, just a wish to have the family name continued, which is really not worth all this.
randomgirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Woah naturally conceived at that age?! It's crazy what the human body is capable of sometimes.
yawn
Badges: 13
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
I know it happens-just dont shoot me for not wanting to think about it thanks
lol - nothing personal, and certainly not wanted to shoot you for thinking about it.

Don't dwell too long on the thought though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads