Report 10 years ago
If they don't like it they can **** of.
username138106
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-quizzes.html

Yet more religious people throwing their weight around.
DaveJ
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This makes me angry.

I just read the start of the article about the complaint, but if any British apologised for it, it's ridiculous. We should stand up for ourselves!!

Edit: Have now read the article, and could get really angry and go on a rant, but I'll just get myself in a bad mood, so I won't. :P
~Hazzle*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm outraged. The CHOOSE to be in our country, so should not complain about our cultural values. It's ridiculous! I just can't believe they think they can complain. Dogs are adorable and will stay that way.
OllyThePhilosopher
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just want to know how they find out about these stories. The complaints should really be confidential, yet they know the race of the people complaining? Watch what you believe...
hec
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think my post at top of page encapsulates the opinion of most British ppl quite accurately. (hope so, anyway :P )
Paxdax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Wiggler)
i wonder if the muslims will start boycotting the police now... like when they were offended by certain scandanavian images...
And I think you Brits should respond the same way (as your Danish counterparts did). That is, spam it everywhere.
WOLLSMOTH
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why are you being racist towards muslims? Tbh you should just leave the country if you are going to have that attitude, there is no room for white supremacists.
uthred50
Badges: 16
Report 10 years ago
That's pathetic. End of.
Diminutive
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
so if a picture of a puppy is offensive.... does that mean we have to kill all the dogs in Britain now? Or perhaps just the police ones, since they are a public service.
CJ99
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No matter how much of a spin the daily mail put on the story its still pretty ****ed up that someone would actually complain.

Its a dog for **** sake!

Surely a chief constable and two councilors have better things to do than worry about a dog on a piece of cardboard!
CJ99
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by WOLLSMOTH)
Why are you being racist towards muslims? Tbh you should just leave the country if you are going to have that attitude, there is no room for white supremacists.
What! Who was being racist?

That attitude? If muslims are going to complain because a picture on a card offends them they should leave the country. Theres no room for a "How dare you hand out a piece of cardboard with a picture that i find ever so slightly insulting that i will complain about causing two councilors and a chief constable to comment on" attitude!
Paxdax
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ekalB)
Yes, but that would lead to what i said earlier

By the way what is the weather like? I'me visiting soon I heard there might be a heat wave but it keeps raining here in the midlands!
Well, they brought it on themselves. Why should we bend to them?

And it's getting really hot here. Three days ago it was 18C, yesterday 22C and today 28C (I was out running both today and yesterday and REALLY noticed this change ).
mipmapped
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's a dilemma for those shopkeepers then; do they put up a "No dogs" sign in the window, or risk someone coming into the shop with a real dog?

Decisions decisions.
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh that's just stupid.

What tosspots.

There's nothing more to say really. Yep the Daily Mail always puts a crazy spin on it (with a 'Political Correctness Gone MAD!' banner across the page) but if anyone even complained about the puppy in the first place then they were just being a complete **** really, weren't they? Because a puppy is sooo offensive. Nutjobs.
_jackofdiamonds
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone who finds a picture of a dog offensive is out of touch with reality and there is no reason to take their opinion seriously.
joker_900
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
God, tbh, who gives a crap if a few Muslims don't like dogs, it doesn't mean they get to chase them out of advertisements. I don't like hijabs but I don't make official complaints when I see them advertised. Lighten up!

And how rubbish to not put up a phone number simply because you think a picture of a dog is going to infect you - now no one will see the number. Crazy.

Also people going "it's the daily mail though..." - so what? It's not like they can just make stuff up, the FACTS are there if you could just get past your arrogance and look for them.
she
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Random: It annoys me when people make "if they don't like it here they should leave" comments. It's "their" country too and I doubt every single British person likes the UK in every single way.
flugelr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just tell the Muslim's to **** off. This is our country. They are just out to cause trouble. I know several muslim's who think that this is stupid and say that they think these particular muslims are just out to cause trouble.
grammar_king
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
C'mon, that story can't possibly be true... we all know Tayside isn't a real place.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (308)
37.47%
No - but I will (64)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (61)
7.42%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (389)
47.32%

Watched Threads