working as a stripper Watch

Solid_Snake_100
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by silverbolt)
and as usual this comes up,

there are male strippers as well you know. Or is that ok? Everyone is viewd as objects like it or not both men and women its part of our nature. Of course youve NEVER looked at bloke in a appreciative way have you?

OK OP listen up, a top notch club does not hire out its girls for sex as so many people on here seem to think, you take your clothes off get paid and then put your clothes back on. THe clients are not allowed touch you if they do they are ejected straight away

the stereo type of the dirty old man is also for the most part not true, many people who visit strip clubs are young professionals just out for a fewdrinks nothing too serious.

If you want to do it -go for it
omg...i find it hard to believe how many people are being supportive. Seriously, to the OP, if you want to retain your dignity, respect of your friends and family, and protect your future prospects, dont do it, simple. If you want some quick cash then be my guest, its not my life going down the drain.
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Solid_Snake_100)
omg...i find it hard to believe how many people are being supportive. Seriously, to the OP, if you want to retain your dignity, respect of your friends and family, and protect your future prospects, dont do it, simple. If you want some quick cash then be my guest, its not my life going down the drain.
Please explain why it is shameful, when we live in such an open-minded society?
hannah_dru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
More shameful for her if she's not the type to do it.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Please explain why it is shameful, when we live in such an open-minded society?
Well this is obviously not true as we have already ascertained that doing something like this wcould easily damage future career prospects, would certainly lead to mixed feelings among family and friends, and would probably put off men wanting to date. You may like to believe we live in an "open-minded" society, but this is just not true. I for one am glad.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well this is obviously not true as we have already ascertained that doing something like this wcould easily damage future career prospects, would certainly lead to mixed feelings among family and friends, and would probably put off men wanting to date. You may like to believe we live in an "open-minded" society, but this is just not true. I for one am glad.
It really depends on the views of the individual and their family and friends. Some people do have open minds to these things, and there is no objective right and wrong with regards to sexual behaviour. Furthermore, maybe she won't tell her family because she knows they'll disapprove instinctively rather than logically, and no one would put "Stripper - Spearmint Rhino" on their CV, so the harm it could do would be limited. It's just a job.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It really depends on the views of the individual and their family and friends. Some people do have open minds to these things, and there is no objective right and wrong with regards to sexual behaviour. Furthermore, maybe she won't tell her family because she knows they'll disapprove instinctively rather than logically, and no one would put "Stripper - Spearmint Rhino" on their CV, so the harm it could do would be limited. It's just a job.
Lies like this can break families. Most mothers would be very very very upset/pissed off/ any other crap i can thrown in, if their daughter was a stripper, how much more trampy and slutty can you get....(im not looking for a literal answer there lol)
Norfolkadam
Badges: 15
Report 10 years ago
Obviously it's up to you but to be a stripper you have to be confident and not mind old men staring at you. The people that go to these clubs are pretty grim kind of people. If you were one of my friends I would tell you not to. Also take into consideration that most men won't want to come near you after they find out where you work, there is still a huge stigma attatched to it.
couture_kid
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't understand why one would say stripping is shameful... i can perfectly understand it in certain situations e.g - young single mother, nobody to help you out and in need of some quick money to feed your kid.

people need to think outside the box!
MuseValheru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So she decides she wants a career in the military later in life for one reason or another, or finds her calling in politics. Bang security checks and the career goes down the drain because once for money she took her clothes off. All it takes in any job is somebody to recognise you and then you have to live with people looking down their nose at you. The working world covers 2-3 generations all with varying moral codes, its really not worth it in the long run.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lies like this can break families. Most mothers would be very very very upset/pissed off/ any other crap i can thrown in, if their daughter was a stripper, how much more trampy and slutty can you get....(im not looking for a literal answer there lol)
Yes, but this would often be an innate, arguably over-protective, response. A woman can make her own decisions, she doesn't have to answer to her parents, and if her parents aren't supportive of her career choice then they are in the wrong, not her.

Also, how is it trampy and slutty? She's not being promiscuous in any way, she's just supplying a demand using her own skills and "assets". It's just a job. If a woman is in a nude scene in a film or a play, or she poses nude for a photographer or artist, is she a slut then? No, it's just a job.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MuseValheru)
So she decides she wants a career in the military later in life for one reason or another, or finds her calling in politics. Bang security checks and the career goes down the drain because once for money she took her clothes off. All it takes in any job is somebody to recognise you and then you have to live with people looking down their nose at you. The working world covers 2-3 generations all with varying moral codes, its really not worth it in the long run.
Well, that's her risk to take, and people have already warned her of that, I'm sure she's aware of it. And what are the chances of someone a) recognising her and b) putting their own career at risk by admitting to frequent a certain strip club so much that they begin to immediately recognise one of the dancers without a shadow of doubt? If a company considers it unacceptable for a woman to have previously have worked as a stripper, it would be hypocritical and sexist to turn a blind eye to a senior employee who frequents strip clubs.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, but this would often be an innate, arguably over-protective, responsee. A woman can make her own decisions, she doesn't have to answer to her parents, and if her parents aren't supportive of her career choice then they are in the wrong, not her.
Are you actually ****ing joking??? 95% would do this...the normal ones. In what way is it irrational to not want your daughter to be at the bottom of society. No matter what you like to believe, thats what a career in this would create, people attach stigma to strippers, including myself and most respectable persons, and as such progression would become harder for a stripper.
MuseValheru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, that's her risk to take, and people have already warned her of that, I'm sure she's aware of it. And what are the chances of someone a) recognising her and b) admitting to frequent a certain strip club so much that they begin to immediately recognise the dancers?
So its not shameful to dance in a strip club but it is shameful to visit a strip club. Im sure that goes against what you said eariler that adult entertainment doesnt have to be wrong.

We live in a fairly open minded society, and adult entertainment is not necessarily wrong.
If this is the case then one of the YUPPYS might frequent such a club on a regular basis in which they could recognise a dancer. If they are not ashamed to attend then why should they be ashamed to mention it in the work environment? This could then cause problems if just one person disapproves or it brings the company into disrepute.

Ultimately it is the young womans choice, however I would stress that she needs to consider all avenues before progressing into actions she may regret.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Are you actually ****ing joking??? 95% would do this...the normal ones. In what way is it irrational to not want your daughter to be at the bottom of society. No matter what you like to believe, thats what a career in this would create, people attach stigma to strippers, including myself and most respectable persons, and as such progression would become harder for a stripper.
Why would she be at the bottom of society? You seem to have a very Victorian attitude to women. Plenty of people have enough of an open mind to be able to accept that it is no different from any other job in this day and age. Displaying one's body shouldn't be shameful, and such a stigma would never be applied to a nude model for an artist/photographer or an actor, so why for a stripper? It's just another performance art, and arguably nude photography/art is just as titillating and arousing, yet at the same time both could be considered a way of appreciating the female form.

However, this argument is going nowhere. You and I have very different ideas about what it acceptable and normal, so we'll agree to disagree.
lolilady---O
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by charlotte01)
15 quid per show, about 3 shows a night then 20 quid for one songs private dance plus tips.
doin like 5 shows every night n then however many private ones. not bad going.
WOAH :eek: that is good money
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MuseValheru)
So its not shameful to dance in a strip club but it is shameful to visit a strip club. Im sure that goes against what you said eariler that adult entertainment doesnt have to be wrong.

If this is the case then one of the YUPPYS might frequent such a club on a regular basis in which they could recognise a dancer. If they are not ashamed to attend then why should they be ashamed to mention it in the work environment? This could then cause problems if just one person disapproves or it brings the company into disrepute.

Ultimately it is the young womans choice, however I would stress that she needs to consider all avenues before progressing into actions she may regret.
My views on adult entertainment don't necessarily reflect those of a professional company. However, if adult entertainment is considered wrong by that company, then it should be the case that neither the stripper nor the patron is behaving acceptably in their eyes, and if it is not considered wrong, neither the stripper nor the patron is behaving unacceptably. A company that employed such a double standard, that protected the man who recognised the stripper but fired the stripper (or vice versa) would be foolish, hypocritical and most probably sexist.
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

trampy and slutty? really shows how little you know
Donald Duck
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
To be honest, if I met a girl I knew was stripping, I wouldn't like it, but I wouldn't care if she had stopped before we met. I'd say do it if you want, who cares about what that stuck-up idiot far away thinks?
MuseValheru
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My views on adult entertainment don't necessarily reflect those of a professional company. However, if adult entertainment is considered wrong by that company, then it should be the case that neither the stripper nor the patron is behaving acceptably in their eyes, and if it is not considered wrong, neither the stripper nor the patron is behaving unacceptably. A company that employed such a double standard, that protected the man who recognised the stripper but fired the stripper (or vice versa) would be foolish, hypocritical and most probably sexist.
Im pretty sure in 90% of cases it wouldnt work like that. But lets just agree to disagree and make sure that anybody considering stripping thinks about it before they dive in just because of the money.
Solid_Snake_100
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by silverbolt)
trampy and slutty? really shows how little you know
funny, would you like to mention that well respected stripper that we all love and know.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads