UCL (bartlett) hard to get in? Watch

RocketTown
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
jfranny you should check out 9mm's blog/deviant art site if you havn't already. i think the link is in his signature.

i'm a massive fan.
Jfranny
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I can NEVER finish my portraits, I take SO long, pencil/pen is by far my best medium though, I'll uplaod a few pics hold on.
+epic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RocketTown)
jfranny you should checkout 9mm's blog/deviant art site if you havn't already. i think the link is in his signature.

i'm a massive fan.
I have had a look at it too i love it! Its so random and... interesting lol. I really liked it. Not a surprise he got into UCL tbh lol!
RocketTown
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
the reason i like it is because some of my stuff is similar, but with an awesome twist on it. its like looking at my work that someone has conveniently made better haha.

but yeah, his work is a good benchmark for artistic ablities at architecture schools.
yanyanyan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RocketTown)
the reason i like it is because some of my stuff is similar, but with an awesome twist on it. its like looking at my work that someone has conveniently made better haha.

but yeah, his work is a good benchmark for artistic ablities at architecture schools.
Do you have a blogsite too ?
+epic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My two strongest points are acrylics and pencil. Not so much a fan of clay, but I love making models out of anything I can find.
RocketTown
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yanyanyan)
Do you have a blogsite too ?
not at the moment, my first year work has always been to big to scan up properly but i'm going to remedy that soon. My a level work from last year is still at college but i'm going to retrieve that soon enough and put some stuff up. Its always good to keep a blog site, especially at university because you can compile it as part of your end of year portfolio.
Jfranny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
here's a unfinished painting, a charcoal, and pen on card of james hetfield

a portrait of g bush, pencil
yanyanyan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by +epic)
My two strongest points are acrylics and pencil. Not so much a fan of clay, but I love making models out of anything I can find.
Mines pencils and berol pen/felt tip. I'm horrible with the paintbrush thats why I use my fingertips.
Ha, you'd be surprised, I made a random thing out of chocolate , ofcourse I didnt eat it afterwards, it was on wooden board
yanyanyan
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jfranny)
They're lovely
and by the way, it totally freaked me when I saw the pencil one, I have an similar drawing with same tones, but of a girl I photographed, and the exact amount of it done. :p:
Jfranny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol!!

I'm uploading my most recent drawing, it's a self portrait with a rather shocking expression, all relates to the project, it's huge, I think A1?

omg it makes me look soo fat! I'm not, just posing a rather vulger expression! ew!

still needs alot of work
Kit24
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Jfranny)
They're amazing
Jfranny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanksalot , comments like that make it worth it, f grades!
+epic
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Jfranny its brilliant, i love the pencil drawings
Jfranny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
9mm I have the same moleskin as you! I keep it with me most places I go out, I was thinking of submitting it as part of my work but I don't know, it's a bit personal, not personal in the sense that it's got stuff in there I don't want people to see.. just I don't know =p

love your work, moleskin = <3
RocketTown
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i love those moleskin sketchbooks, i've been through 4 in my first term at uni. i love a5 books for some reason.
Jfranny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
=p
9mm
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks haha, yeah moleskines are great. I've used up 2 of them so far (both A5) and I'll be trekking and spending several month in central america in 2 weeks time so don't want to miss the opportunity to bring with a sketchbook. I'm not sure if I should bring an A5 or A6 though. I prefer A5, but I might not have place for one because I'll be carrying an 80kg bag with me which will be packed, so might need to go with an A6. Has anyone had experience with an A6 size, if so how was it?
Jfranny
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't even know of the A6! :0, very small indeed
inferences
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 9mm)
thanks haha, yeah moleskines are great. I've used up 2 of them so far (both A5) and I'll be trekking and spending several month in central america in 2 weeks time so don't want to miss the opportunity to bring with a sketchbook. I'm not sure if I should bring an A5 or A6 though. I prefer A5, but I might not have place for one because I'll be carrying an 80kg bag with me which will be packed, so might need to go with an A6. Has anyone had experience with an A6 size, if so how was it?
i've got an A6, not a moleskin, but equally nice. i have no problems with it at all. i usually do my sculpture sketches in there, and the odd doodle (i have these ridiculous Mr. Headacheman caricatures i do. i get a lot of headaches. helps to pass time and it's a nice distraction) but its a very nice size for ideas and notes. looking at your blog, 9mm, i would say you'll have no problem, but sometimes i do find it can get a little bit cramped on the page...

i usually fit about one drawing, maybe two on a page. it depends really. up to you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.27%
No - but I will (38)
6.97%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.61%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (257)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed