Disarming Britian - Series Watch

shenzys
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe the ending was like that to highlight the fact that the problems shown in the film are nowhere near getting resolved...but I was waiting for a death :s
Star_M
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Wasnt the story based on the real events where everyone knew who did it but bureacracy stopped them from being charged....all i remember a paper printing their faces on the front, with something like 'sue us' a while back (I distinctly remember it being 4 boys)......Correct me if im wrong
Tombola
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hm... Thought the motivation behind the actions were rather good, even if they were for utterly ******ed reasons. People do stupid things, so I'm not complaining.

Loved the black officer though! He represented for me the attitude of normal citizens who's exhuasted and just want to get the damn thing over and done with, even if it means using shoddy methods. I was hoping for a better ending, but it makes sense... not everybody is charged. Therefore the only solution remaining is to beat up the kid and run away.
anelka9
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
in real life that black policeman would have kissed that beautiful young lady :ninja2:
Fiasco
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anelka9)
in real life that black policeman would have kissed that beautiful young lady :ninja2:
:p:
crazybored
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Star_M)
Wasnt the story based on the real events where everyone knew who did it but bureacracy stopped them from being charged....all i remember a paper printing their faces on the front, with something like 'sue us' a while back (I distinctly remember it being 4 boys)......Correct me if im wrong
I can't remember the paper, but that was the Stephen Lawrence case
Cerulean
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So did the girl run away?
Geerththanan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Guess the original thread on the topic got ignored completely...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=615105

Tombola
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by GεεRTHAN)
Guess the original thread on the topic got ignored completely...

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=615105

Doesn't look like it has much reputation as a show ^^'
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads