The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We've all seen someone we think is a bit of alright on TSR!
If I ever thought anyone would actually like me like that I'd give it a shot. :p:

If you think they might - then go for it - I mean as Dr Pepper tells us - "What's the worse that could happen?"
Reply 61
I kinda dated a girl from TSR for a few months. Unfortunatly it didnt work out in the end but we're still good mates. Nothing wrong with fancying someone you met on the internet! Go for it!
Anonymous
I have tried flirting a bit, and they seem to flirt back and they've occassionally told me that I'm good looking and so forth. The only setback is that recently they've been telling me that they like someone else (another user on TSR!) so I'm more concious of how I act around them, and I'm trying to not make it obvious that I like them. Should I just tell them, or not? I'm hoping they will get over this other person, as it's only developed recently, but I'm not too sure :frown:

:s-smilie: Are you the other tsr member that I'm fighting this girl over? :confused:

If not, then good, I wish you all the best. :smile:
Reply 63
Is it strange that somebody can fall in love with a persona, i mean most people here don't have pictures of themselves, i find it hard to believe that somebody can 'fancy' them without never having seen them.
Yeah, 'tis a bit strange. Maybe it's just a mental picture.
Reply 65
Anonymous
I'm not a sub! Nope I haven't met them yet, although I hope to soon. Does this sound ridiculous? I'm not saying I love them or anything, that would be weird, but I just feel something strong and can tell them anything and everything.

i have a tsr girlfriend ha :rolleyes:

but more importantly how far do you live from him?
imtired
Is it strange that somebody can fall in love with a persona, i mean most people here don't have pictures of themselves, i find it hard to believe that somebody can 'fancy' them without never having seen them.

I'm not falling in love just yet still early days but I am getting to know her/him more and more. Can't people get to know someone by chatting to them on msn/facebook, exchanging pics, chatting on the phone....?
Anonymous
I have tried flirting a bit, and they seem to flirt back and they've occassionally told me that I'm good looking and so forth. The only setback is that recently they've been telling me that they like someone else (another user on TSR!) so I'm more concious of how I act around them, and I'm trying to not make it obvious that I like them. Should I just tell them, or not? I'm hoping they will get over this other person, as it's only developed recently, but I'm not too sure :frown:

Talk over msn, and do more stuff like:

*huggles*

If you're a guy. Girls love that. =P If you're a girl going for a guy, then do it anyway. Show more pictures of yourself. That way the guy'll seriously want to get to know you, especially if he thinks you're fit.
imtired

As people have said, it's nothing to do with TSR really. I'm sure they didn't see them on TSR and have a "love at first sight" scenario. You can just initially start talking to someone here, move to MSN, exchange pictures, see each other on webcam, voice chat etc. and then there's no reason why someone might not feel like that. I fully agree that most people take on a "TSR persona" that isn't entirely representative of who they are, but more often than not (like others have said) that doesn't extend to MSN, texting, voice chatting and stuff. Especially not if the people involved have been talking frequently for 6 months+.
Reply 69
Aw this is sweet :smile:
Reply 70
Glutamic Acid
Yeah, 'tis a bit strange. Maybe it's just a mental picture.

I do that, but i haven't been able to with you. You don't even have an avatar or a profile where i could stereotype you by your hobbies...

Could you post a picture of your hand or something?
Toy Soldier
As people have said, it's nothing to do with TSR really. I'm sure they didn't see them on TSR and have a "love at first sight" scenario. You can just initially start talking to someone here, move to MSN, exchange pictures, see each other on webcam, voice chat etc. and then there's no reason why someone might not feel like that. I fully agree that most people take on a "TSR persona" that isn't entirely representative of who they are, but more often than not (like others have said) that doesn't extend to MSN, texting, voice chatting and stuff. Especially not if the people involved have been talking frequently for 6 months+.

Yeah, definately. I mean, I talked to these guys for like, two or three years, and now I text 'em and junk, it's quite funny. =P No, I'm not gay. If I ever go to Birmingham, I have some people I can meet up with and stay with... especially 2nd year at Birmingham Uni. =D

Nothing wrong with making mates on the 'net, just don't be an idiot and go for the 'tards who're obviously paedophiles. I talk to these guys via webcam and junk too, so it's all good. ;D
Reply 72
Can we keep the spam to a minimum please.
Reply 73
I used to have a picture on my profile but I took it off because random people kept adding me on msn for sex. 1 girl wanted me to go to Newcastle to hook up, and another to London :s-smilie:. The one from London was ugly so I said no and Newcastle was too expensive to get to, but she was alright, just not worth the £50 train ticket.
Right I've made a thread, join in ppl! Otherwise I'll look like an idiot :redface:
Yeah, but seriously - if you've known the person for more than like, 6 months, and you've been talking regularly over MSN, I don't see why you can't slip the whole idea of meeting up for a movie or something (granted you've exchanged pics of yourself).

I think that'd work.
wanderlust.xx
Yeah, but seriously - if you've known the person for more than like, 6 months, and you've been talking regularly over MSN, I don't see why you can't slip the whole idea of meeting up for a movie or something (granted you've exchanged pics of yourself).

I think that'd work.

Yes I agree with this. If you arrange to meet up, and see each other a few times, you never know, the object of your affections might surprise you and tell you that they like you first :redface:
Reply 77
Original post by &#949
Right I've made a thread, join in ppl! Otherwise I'll look like an idiot :redface:

Where is it?
imtired
Where is it?

H&R, but we need to stop talking about it in here I keep being warned
I think a microphone would be something to look into too... but yeah, I'm spending way too time in this topic. =(

Latest

Trending

Trending