The new Jews on the block Watch

Poll: Are Muslims the "new Jews of Europe"?
Yes (46)
36.51%
No (74)
58.73%
Don't know (6)
4.76%
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by MrGuillotine)
Google is your friend. Type Jew into it.
If that's the best you can do, we'd be better off not debating.
ElementX
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Muslims will never be like the Jews of Europe in the 19th century etc. It just won't happen, our Muslim community will always have members who will not be afraid to fight back, since Europe is a democracy.
The Jews on the other hand were gripped much tighter by the dictators that ruled them, they were not able to fight politically or physically, any resistance was crushed by a pogrom or a "Jew hunt".
MrGuillotine
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)
If that's the best you can do, we'd be better off not debating.
LOL

Its just one example...before you've even started searching for items in Google...BAAM you're hit with that link. But yeah, you can think what you want...

(I bet you've already reported me as an AS already lol)
ElementX
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LOL

Its just one example...before you've even started searching for items in Google...BAAM you're hit with that link. But yeah, you can think what you want...

(I bet you've already reported me as an AS already lol)
Lol, are you talking about "Jewwatch"?. Frankly this is just a site full of paranoia...:rolleyes:

I mean, in the homepage, on the top right there is a picture of Leon Trotsky and it says. "Zionist Leon Trotsky of the Zionist USSR"....thats bull feces!
urbandervish
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)

I don't support the BNP, and I'm not a Turk. Might I suggest you refrain from making personal attacks and stay away from conspiracy theories.
Okay, I don't think you clearly understand nor want to understand what I said here instead you're jumping at the opportunity as you did in another thread, claiming that I'd denied the holocaust!!!

*sigh*

I know for definite that you're ethnically a Turk and I do know that you claimed to have supported the BNP ~ you deleted that post. Also, I know for definite that you claimed that I was another poster.

We'll leave it at that
Rep:
?
(Original post by urbandervish)
Okay, I don't think you clearly understand nor want to understand what I said here instead you're jumping at the opportunity as you did in another thread, claiming that I'd denied the holocaust!!!
Lol.

I know for definite that you're ethnically a Turk
Firstly, you have never met me, so how stupid can you be to claim that you definitely know something about my physical appearance? I could be an 89 year old Chinese women for all you know. Secondly, there's no such thing as 'ethnically Turkish' anymore than 'ethnically British' or even 'ethnically American'. "Turks" are defined mainly as being speakers of Turkish as a first language.

(Original post by -urbandervish)
I do know that you claimed to have supported the BNP ~ you deleted that post.
You have to be delusional to claim that I support the BNP. If you're not bothered to point us to the post in which I claimed to support the BNP, don't make false allegations.
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)
Lol.

Firstly, you have never met me, so how stupid can you be to claim that you definitely know something about my physical appearance? I could be an 89 year old Chinese women for all you know. Secondly, there's no such thing as 'ethnically Turkish' anymore than 'ethnically British' or even 'ethnically American'. "Turks" are defined mainly as being speakers of Turkish as a first language.

You have to be delusional to claim that I support the BNP. If you're not bothered to point us to the post in which I claimed to support the BNP, don't make false allegations.
Look, you're not pulling wool over my eyes ... you made a statement in a now deleted post. You said, unequivocally that you supported the BNP after the 7/7 bombings. Why is it that suddenly you've decided to become all defensive? I've brought this up on a few occasions now, and you've ignored this completely! Indeed, if the claims were downright lies then you should've pulled me up on this matter earlier ~ I'm guessing here, but I think the first time I mentioned this to you was over two months ago. I'll look for the post if you want me to.

I mean how is one to take you too seriously when you've already claimed to know "far too many Muslims who condone terrorism"? You're a liar! Stop making up lies! Enough of your propaganda!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=119

To be honest, just leave the matter as it is, you're just gonna embarrass yourself further.

Now, ... we'll leave it at that.
Invocation
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Muslims certainly are not the "new Jews", but I didn't know genocide is necessary before anyone puts a stop to the targeting. :rolleyes:
Lebanese Blonde
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Urrrgh this thread is a joke.
OP you are a joke
Rep:
?
Look, you're not pulling wool over my eyes ... you made a statement in a now deleted post. You said, unequivocally that you supported the BNP after the 7/7 bombings.
As I've said before, unless you're willing to provide evidence for this stupid claim, do not put it forward. You claim that I've deleted the post where I apparently declared support for the BNP, but would you care to point me to another post of mine where my views are in line with the BNPs stance on immigration, ethnic minorities, gays and etc?

I'll look for the post if you want me to.
Go ahead.

I mean how is one to take you too seriously when you've already claimed to know "far too many Muslims who condone terrorism"? You're a liar! Stop making up lies! Enough of your propaganda!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...&postcount=119
That was an anecdotal comment grounded in my own experience. You've decided to take it out of context, as usual.
Collingwood
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
With that sort of mentality you may as well want to chide women for being victims of rape & sexual abuse more than men, in this country ... so it's borne out of the way a woman behaves?
You misunderstand. I said that religions view themselves as victims because they tend to view any contrary opinion as an attack on them, not that they were really being attacked but had "asked for it" so it's ok.

Also, if you don't mind, could you use the default font? I find Georgia more difficult to read.
Longshoredrift80
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HodHod)
Isnt bombing innocent people in Iraq terrorism too? however because media is controlled at this side, its called anything but terrorism!
When are cretins like you going to note the fact that the US and Coalition military forces in Iraq do NOT deliberately bomb innocent people. Innocent people do die, as they do in every war - but there's a difference between that and "bombing innocent people". The only people who deliberately bomb innocent people in Iraq are Islamic terrorists.
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lets be honest here, jews are about as easily offended as Muslims are.

Go ahead, call me an Anti-Semite. :rolleyes:
I'm not going to call you an anti-semite. It could just be the way the media portrays people, but you always hear of Muslims complaining of things such as the animals the police use on their posters, having to go through x-ray machines, being searched for any terrorist items e.c.t, but nothing about Jews [or any other religious groups generally] complaining about this.
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jelly1000)
I'm not going to call you an anti-semite. It could just be the way the media portrays people, but you always hear of Muslims complaining of things such as the animals the police use on their posters, having to go through x-ray machines, being searched for any terrorist items e.c.t, but nothing about Jews [or any other religious groups generally] complaining about this.
Exactly! ... you don't hear about it in the media :rolleyes:
UniOfLife
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At the risk of upsetting Collingwood I would also point out that it is hard for Muslims to be the "new Jews" of Europe while anti-Semitic attacks are, in fact, more common per capita in the UK than Islamophobic attacks are. At least according to the data I saw when I last checked which wasn't that long ago.
Ellsbells3032
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The Muslims cannot claim they are like the Jews of Europe until they are unable to do any job other than money lending, when they have huge extra taxes levied against them, when people come bashing down their houses whenever they're in financial trouble and need more money, when they're kicked out of their houses at a moments notice, when they're expelled from virutually every country in the world, when people kill them for the fun of it and the government do nothing about it and when they immegrate to another country to get away from it they receive absolutely no help and have to work a disguisting job and sleep on the floor of a factory just to save up enough money to bring their family over (my great grandfather actually did this) and having absolutely citizens rights whatsoever so people could treat them however they liked and they had no legal ability to fight back!

Then and only then can they even begin to compare themselves to the jews of europe
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ellsbells3032)
The Muslims cannot claim they are like the Jews of Europe until they are unable to do any job other than money lending, when they have huge extra taxes levied against them, when people come bashing down their houses whenever they're in financial trouble and need more money, when they're kicked out of their houses at a moments notice, when they're expelled from virutually every country in the world, when people kill them for the fun of it and the government do nothing about it and when they immegrate to another country to get away from it they receive absolutely no help and have to work a disguisting job and sleep on the floor of a factory just to save up enough money to bring their family over (my great grandfather actually did this) and having absolutely citizens rights whatsoever so people could treat them however they liked and they had no legal ability to fight back!

Then and only then can they even begin to compare themselves to the jews of europe
Does anybody here have any memory of Europe's worst massacre since the Second World War? not even the slightest recollection? anything?

I guess not ... since Thursday i've been waiting in anticipation for some input but it seems Mugabe's focussed on everyones mind at the moment :rolleyes: I'm sure somebody knew about this mass genocide of innocents, at least the OP seems to be well informed on most issues ... it seems.

... it wasn't long ago, infact, yesterday was the 13th anniversary, and it happened right here on our doorstep.

Muslims were rounded up and herded into concentration camps and then handed over by our very own UN [ who were later acquited for this crime against humanity] to the Serbian army ... 8000 were massacred.

In the following video clip, you'll see how Serbian war criminals present flowers and gifts to UN officials ~ commending them for their deed.

Spoiler:
Show

SREBRENICA, Bosnia-Herzegovina (AP) — Tens of thousands of people commemorated Friday the 13th anniversary of Europe's worst massacre since World War II, and buried 308 more victims of the infamous Srebrenica massacre.
Sobbing women walked among the rows of green coffins looking for husbands, sons, fathers and brothers, wanting to touch them one more time. The coffins were picked up by other family members and friends, and carried to pits where the dead were laid to rest.
Some 8,000 Muslim men and boys were killed in Srebrenica over several days in 1995 when Serb forces overran the town. Like the nearly 3,000 victims already buried at the Srebrenica-Potocari memorial center, the 308 victims buried Friday were found in mass graves, identified and returned to their families.
Zina Huremovic, 49, was pregnant the last time she saw her husband, Izet, before she escaped the besieged town in 1993. She searched for Izet ever since, even leaving a drop of her son's blood at the DNA lab.
Last year she was notified that Izet's body had been excavated and identified.
"I was waiting for all these years — looked at his picture and hoped he would come back," her son, Ermin, now 15, said as his mother sobbed in his arms.
"Today I am burying my hope with him," the boy said. "That's why I will never forget or forgive."
Every year, more victims' bodies are found in mass graves around Srebrenica. DNA tests and other forensic methods have led to the identification and burial at the memorial center, which consists of a huge cemetery, a small museum and a row of marble blocks on which the names of the victims — those unearthed and those not — are engraved.
Beyond the sea of 3,300 graves lies a huge field awaiting another 5,000 bodies yet to be found.
During the 1992-95 Bosnian war, the United Nations declared Srebrenica — which had been besieged by Serb forces throughout the war — a U.N.-protected safe area for civilians. A number Bosnians flocked there for protection.
But in July 1995, Serb troops led by Gen. Ratko Mladic overran the enclave. The outnumbered U.N. troops never fired a shot. They watched as Mladic's troops rounded up the entire population of Srebrenica and took the men away for execution.
The International Court of Justice in The Hague, Netherlands, has ruled that the Srebrenica massacre was genocide. It has been described by former Secretary General Kofi Annan as the darkest page in U.N. history.
Mladic and the former Serb political leader Radovan Karadzic, both indicted for genocide, are still in hiding. Mladic is believed to be in Serbia; Karadzic's whereabouts are unknown.
In Belgrade on Friday, Serbian President Boris Tadic pledged to arrest Mladic. Tadic said in a statement issued Friday to mark the anniversary that "the new authorities in Serbia are fully committed" to arresting the former Bosnian Serb army commander.
Serbia has faced immense international pressure to arrest Mladic and Karadzic.
Previous Serbian governments have said they were unable to locate the two. But Western officials hope that the new Cabinet, which took office this week and is dominated by Tadic's pro-Western Democrats, will finish the job.
Those responsible for the crime must be found and punished, said Bosnia's top international official, Miroslav Lajcak.
"Somewhere between Bosnia's past and its future lies justice," he said.
In 1995, about 15,000 men tried to escape the slaughter by fleeing over the mountains toward the safe town of Tuzla. They were hunted along their 65-mile walk; those caught were killed.
Among them was the youngest victim buried Friday. Kasim Omerovic was 15 when he persuaded his mother to let him join his older brother, Camil, on the walk to Tuzla.
"Camil was 21. He told me that it may be best for him to try to flee through the woods. Kasim begged me to let him go along, saying he feels safer with his older brother," their mother, 49-year old Fata Omerovic said.
"They found Kasim in a mass grave," she said. "They have not yet found Camil."
Many Muslim Bosnians blame the Dutch U.N. peacekeepers for not protecting the civilians in Srebrenica. The Dutch argue they were outgunned and outnumbered.
This year, 12 former Dutch soldiers who served in Srebrenica joined a memorial march — made by survivors and volunteers every July — along the mountain track the 15,000 men took in 1995.
"I do not consider myself personally responsible for what happened," said Rob Zomer, 35, one of the former soldiers. "I did what I could."
His colleague Johan de Jonge, 40, said July 1995 has changed his life: he has become aggressive, and suffers nightmares and insomnia.
The head of Bosnia's Islamic Community, Mustafa Ceric called on the European Union to declare July 11 a European day of mourning — a day on which European nations will pledge every year that neither another Holocaust nor another Srebrenica will ever happen again.
Associated Press Staff Writer Jovanna Gec in Belgrade contributed to this report.

The United Nations cannot be prosecuted by a Dutch court in connection with the genocide in Srebrenica. A court in The Hague ruled on Thursday that the UN enjoys immunity in connection with the Srebrenica massacre. Without immunity the organisation would not be able to take part in peacekeeping operations.

In 1999 the UN began an investigation of its own actions in Srebrenica. The UN report contained a number of far-reaching conclusions. The UN also recognised that it made some mistakes. However the report avoided the question of culpability.

Source
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
[FONT=Georgia] Does anybody here have any memory of Europe's worst massacre since the Second World War?
During the 1992-95 Bosnian war, the United Nations declared Srebrenica — which had been besieged by Serb forces throughout the war — a U.N.-protected safe area for civilians. A number Bosnians flocked there for protection.
But in July 1995, Serb troops led by Gen. Ratko Mladic overran the enclave. The outnumbered U.N. troops never fired a shot. They watched as Mladic's troops rounded up the entire population of Srebrenica and took the men away for execution.
The UN were absolutely powerless to prevent what happened. The UN has never had any significant or sizeable force, simply because no country has ever been prepared to give it significant resources. The UN troops were grossly outnumbered and were lightly armed; there was little that they could have done differently given the circumstances and the knowledge they had at the time.
Moreover, the UN did not know that the refugee columns were going to be attacked and did not know that the atrocities that would take place at Srebenica would take place; the UN peacekeepers were gone by the time this took place.

Further, to look at Kosovo as an example of oppression specifically and generally directed against Muslims is a gross over-simplification of events which were more territorial and political in nature than religious.

From where I sit, Muslims have been given a number of advantages by the state and Europe has been very accomodating of Muslim communities despite the actions of a significant minority. It is totally ridiculous to compare the situation Muslims are in to that of the Jews in the 20th century.
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
[FONT=Georgia]So, according to you there was no "genocide" or "massacre" in Bosnia? The deaths of 80,000 civilians who happened to be Muslim was not a tragic loss of innocent life?
What I actually said was "The UN were absolutely powerless to prevent what happened". I do not and did not deny the atrocities committed by Serb forces against the refugee column, at Srebenica and elsewhere, what I did was to refute your claims that the UN were somehow to blame here.
So the haunting images of hundreds of emaciated men stood behind barbed wire fencing [in "Quarantine camps"] reminds you of nothing but the word "territory"? Absolutely smashing!
No, it reminds me of a humanitarian tragedy. But that doesn't change the fact that it is simply untrue to pin what happened in Kosovo as resulting from religious tensions rather than political struggles.

As for Iraq and these "other examples", yes you have pointed out how unfortunate it is. But you have not explained why this amounts to a deliberate persecution of Muslims, as the Jews were persecuted before and during the second world war. You really can't explain the Iraq war simply on the grounds of a dislike of Muslims.

my biggest argument is actually with the media portrayal of Muslims in Britain & Europe morethan anything, there are many striking similarities
Well, if it is your biggest argument, why is it relegated to brackets? Explain!
urbandervish
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jacketpotato)
As for Iraq and these "other examples", yes you have pointed out how unfortunate it is. But you have not explained why this amounts to a deliberate persecution of Muslims

Because they have big noses :rolleyes: wtf. Why? Why don't you learn anything about history? Didn't you know that Muslims and Jews were persecuted in the same manner? that thousands died and perished in the same way? that many were demonised and seen as either the Anti~Christ or viewed as less than dogs? why should I be spoon~feeding you everything? Open your eyes for once for goodness sake!

(Original post by jacketpotato)

Well, if it is your biggest argument, why is it relegated to brackets? Explain!
I don't think you've a clear grasp of what's been explained so, I'll just answer this question. I will indeed... I'll relegate this to a thread title, thanks for the inspiration.

Question for you, why can't you quote properly? What's with the font title in my quotes are you some school boy having a laugh? From now on, don't take the piss, if you do, then don't be surprised that I didn't answer your post
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads