Gonna be on Question Time next Thursday... Watch

Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by imomo16)
I was on TV!!
I didn't get to ask a question but my head popped into the shot quite often and also David picked me to make a comment. I said something about Iran and nuclear weapons, I have short brownish hair and I was wearing a white top if you saw me!

Yeah, that student guy was an eejit. I had my hand up all the time wanting to argue with him but I never got the chance ¬_¬
Hmm I don't remember which one you were, so many people I've never met before! I saw myself a few times in the audience =)
theflyingpig
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
How did it work, was it filmed the day before or something? I always got the impression it was live.
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
(Original post by theflyingpig)
How did it work, was it filmed the day before or something? I always got the impression it was live.
No it was filmed from about 8.30pm to 9.30 yesterday, they don't edit things out at all apart from one tiny bit that i noticed that had to be! The first girl mucked up her question a bit, but otherwise yep all in one take and broadcast an hour later!
theflyingpig
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh right. How many people were there, he mentioned at the beginning of the program there were some people 'listening in'. Were there load of people off camera who weren't chosen to sit and ask questions?
Redpanda91
Rep:
?
Oh right. How many people were there, he mentioned at the beginning of the program there were some people 'listening in'. Were there load of people off camera who weren't chosen to sit and ask questions?
Yeah 150 of us were selected to be in the middle question asking bit, and there were another 1850 people on the balconies and to the sides!! Huge audience it was, we broke the BBC record for the youngest and biggest Question Time audience ever
bishbashbosh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone else think that the student panelist was the biggest muppet ever? He made me ashamed to call myself a student.
At one point in the show Iain Duncan Smith made him look just like an excitable little schoolboy, he did occasionally put some good views across but I thought his manner was all wrong partly to do with not knowing when the be quiet. :yes:
Mail1234
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
What an embarrassing show :eek: . The audience seemed to be full of naive little brats who only responded to the panelists or speakers that shouted at the tops of their voices, the 'special panelist' or whoever didn't have a clue about half the questions raised (and even admitted it) but the audience gave him pantomine cheers and claps after every sentence. The only 2 decent panelists were IDS and Douglas Alexander, who didnt resort to pandering to the audience and dumbing down politics too much, and good on them.

And dont get me started on Saira 'I think I'm on the X Factor' Kahn :eek: What a ***** of a woman she came across as, shouting over everybody else, thinking she knows everything, not giving any decent points and saying things that she knew would get her cheers from the silly audience. She'd have been as well putting a top hat on the floor and telling the kids to put a pound in as they leave. They probably wouldn't have gave it a second thought.

Worst Question Time ever, thank God its a year before they do this again (or hopefully not if they have any sense)
theflyingpig
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I actually liked the student question time from last year, but this one was cringe worthy. And I don't think they raised enough student related questions such as dumbing down of results and tuition fees etc. (admittedly I did miss about 15 mins but I fairly sure they didn't raise these questions) they instead talked about bigger issues where inevitability people made fools of themselves by reveling their own ignorance, supporting Iranian nuclear missiles for example.
Nu Ordah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
QT is one of those programmes I honestly couldnt care less about. When I tune in occassionally, it follows pretty much the same formula each time. Mostly panellists sticking to party line, empty rhetoric from the audience that warrants a 10 min round of applause and the same topics that repeat themselves again and again. 'This week', the programme that follows it I really like.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.8%
No - but I will (102)
7.68%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.85%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (633)
47.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise