I feel like **** if I don't go to the gym every other day! Watch

Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Misogynist)
Doing extra reps isn't better. If it were, everyone would be doing 100 rep sets of curls.

A workout is a planned day on which you're supposed to work out. You don't work out as planned, throwing your whole schedule out of whack, since even if you use an off day or whatever for your training, your recovery will be the cost you pay. (It'll be very poor.)

This is for weight training by the way, your system works for cardio.
By doubling the reps i basically meant pushing myself harder, and doing twice as much cardio. most of my programme is cardio as i'm already 80kg with low body fat %.
thanette
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I feel **** and guilty if I don't go swimming and sauna every day-although I've ben doing it for weeks no and have noticed no difference in terms of tone or weightloss...
Misogynist
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thanette)
I feel **** and guilty if I don't go swimming and sauna every day-although I've ben doing it for weeks no and have noticed no difference in terms of tone or weightloss...
Readjust, rethink, redo. You'll see progress. You just need the tools (knowledge.) to do the aforementioned things.
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bateman)
By doubling the reps i basically meant pushing myself harder, and doing twice as much cardio. most of my programme is cardio as i'm already 80kg with low body fat %.
I didn't mean to be offensive in any way mind you. I really support doing what people think is right for them and noone has a reason to tell you what's right and what's wrong. Just do what you think is right.

Question: Were you inspired by Christian Bale? :p:
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Readjust, rethink, redo. You'll see progress. You just need the tools (knowledge.) to do the aforementioned things.
How do you mean? I need advice pleeeasey?
prospectivEEconomist
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
You feel guilty because you don't go to the sauna :confused:; am I missing something?
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
saunas intense brah, im literally sweating by the end of it
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
What are the benefits of going to the sauna, apart from opening pores?
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by prospectivEEconomist)
You feel guilty because you don't go to the sauna :confused:; am I missing something?
Well, cos I have really bad skin, so think I am missing out if I don't go in,and cos it's good for winding down too...weird I know!
Bateman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't mean to be offensive in any way mind you. I really support doing what people think is right for them and noone has a reason to tell you what's right and what's wrong. Just do what you think is right.

Question: Were you inspired by Christian Bale? :p:

I didn't think you were offensive lol
Christian bale has something to do with it, i don't know what really inspierd me, but lats, obliques, pecs and abs just look good don't they?
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
Bale is one talented actor! Rough times was such a good movie.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bebbs)
saunas intense brah, im literally sweating by the end of it
Just wondering Bebbs, are you a long-term user, and if so do you think it has benefitted you-particularly skin-wise?
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, cos I have really bad skin, so think I am missing out if I don't go in,and cos it's good for winding down too...weird I know!
It's good but only occasionally. Don't do it all the time.. it's poorly researched and I think it does more harm than good exposing your body to that temperature over and over again.

If you're below 20, your skin will get better as time goes by. I promise. All the hormonal imbalances et cetera will come into check and you'll be grand. I don't really know what your problem is though, If it's Acne, that's another story.
thanette
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It's good but only occasionally. Don't do it all the time.. it's poorly researched and I think it does more harm than good exposing your body to that temperature over and over again.
Eek! What harm can it do? I do it for like 10 mins every coupla days?Does it age your skin then?
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just wondering Bebbs, are you a long-term user, and if so do you think it has benefitted you-particularly skin-wise?
it was a joke.... i wouldnt go sit in a sauna, sitting that close to naked old dudes in a locked room makes me uncomfortable
Rozzo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have been going everyday so far this summer holiday since uni, mainly to tone up. I can't go tomorrow, because the gym closes earlier on a saturday and I don't finish work till 4...hmm so I got 6 days a week now. Mainly toning up and getting better on cardio like the ski machine (eclipsing)..I do pectorial machine, rowing and Crunchy machine too..it's beginning to all tighten :P
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rozzo89)
I have been going everyday so far this summer holiday since uni, mainly to tone up. I can't go tomorrow, because the gym closes earlier on a saturday and I don't finish work till 4...hmm so I got 6 days a week now. Mainly toning up and getting better on cardio like the ski machine (eclipsing)..I do pectorial machine, rowing and Crunchy machine too..it's beginning to all tighten :P

automatically assumed woman until i checke the profile to see if you were fit
Misogynist
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Eek! What harm can it do? I do it for like 10 mins every coupla days?Does it age your skin then?
It probably doesn't age your skin, that's done by free radicals, but it will dry your skin out and generally mess it up if you're a frequent user. (Which in turn will make you look older; which is the reason why most people don't use alcohol based products.) It's just better to go natural, have a good face wash, exfoliant and moisturiser.
prospectivEEconomist
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rozzo89)
Beginning to tighten and you only do a couple of machines?
Rozzo89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yup..although I listed just a few...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads