Should they bring in the death penalty for england? Watch

Poll: Should the death penalty be brought into england?
Yes (53)
31.55%
No (115)
68.45%
Mcjazz
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cherry Kisses)
Yes

the end
I disagree with this and the nutty chocolates happen to be my favourites!
callum9999
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by BlackpoolCraig)
I';m of the opinion that the government should have as little power over its people as possible. We should remember that we are, after all, a democracy and therefore the government is subservient to the people and not the other way around.

Thus is think it would be ludicrous to grant the government the ability to kill the people it serves. I would oppose the government killing people.

The government does have a duty to protect law-abiding citizens from dangerous axe-murderers and the like. Whilst the rate of re-offending drops to zero following administration of the death penalty, dangerous criminals can be kept out of society's way in prison.

Thus, the minimal effort to secure the safety of society is imprisoning dangerous people, and this is the action which the government should take. And whaddya know? It already is!
I agree with you, but life in prison should mean you spend your life in prison.

No-one is going to convince the pro-death penalty people that there is anything wrong with it, they are not concerned about justice, or their safety, they are hungry for revenge and thats unlikely to change.
username51312
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Orthala)
I don't agree with rape.

A 16year old boy having sex with a 15yo girl is classed as rape. Even if both concented (sp?)
Wholl be the rapist in this case?
Or they both should be classified as rapists and killed?
FiveFiveSix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by callum9999)
You can't forfeit human rights, you will always have them regardless of what you do.

There isn't a way to make the system 100% accurate, yes it may be 99.99999% accurate but there will always be the chance an innocent person would be killed.
Yes, I wondered when the liberal, bleeding heart lobby would rear it's head.

Scum who commit crimes against other human beings forfeit their human rights, and the right to be treated humanely. Having said that, I don't believe in cruelty to animals, so a quick hanging then incineration would suit me fine.
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by FiveFiveSix)

Scum who commit crimes against other human beings forfeit their human rights, and the right to be treated humanely. Having said that, I don't believe in cruelty to animals, so a quick hanging then incineration would suit me fine.
I didn't say it was right, I was just displaying a fact. You cannot forfeit your human rights.
Seanisonfire
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.
Rosaaa
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Scum who commit crimes against other human beings forfeit their human rights, and the right to be treated humanely.
:yy: :champ:
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I didn't say it was right, I was just displaying a fact. You cannot forfeit your human rights.
Since when was that a fact Mr bold?
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Scum who think they have the right to take a person's life as a punishment are no better than the scum that commit the crime in the first place. I find the last bit of what you said extremely twisted
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rosaaa)
:yy: :champ:
And you don't care at all about the innocent people that will be killed or the families of the criminal?
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since when was that a fact Mr bold?
Correct me if I'm wrong but is there a clause in declaration of human rights that removes them if you commit a crime?

(And I used bold because they were completely ignored in the response)
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by nuttygirl)
And you don't care at all about the innocent people that will be killed or the families of the criminal?
Trust the system.
Mcjazz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Trust the system.
Trust the system? The system is corrupt, what a ridiculous thing to say.
nuttygirl
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Trust the system.
Google the guildford four, maguire seven, birmingham six, sally clark, judith ward.
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Correct me if I'm wrong but is there a clause in declaration of human rights that removes them if you commit a crime?

If there isn't, then there's something seriously wrong going on.

Murderers are animals.
k823127
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes please.
callum9999
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

That does sound a bit hypocritical. People who kill people should be killed. So should the exectutioner also be killed or is it based upon whether you feel the killing is just or not?
FiveFiveSix
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
Scum who think they have the right to take a person's life as a punishment are no better than the scum that commit the crime in the first place. I find the last bit of what you said extremely twisted
I'm scum because I'd allow someone who'd murdered, raped, blown up innocent civilians or ruined a young kid's life to die?

What's twisted about the last bit? Would you rather I'd advocated horrible torture and a slow, lingering death? Come on... Death is not something to be enjoyed, or celebrated, or to have time taken over it. You execute them quicky, painlessly and humanely. I'm not a monster...
Rosaaa
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mcjazz)
Trust the system? The system is corrupt, what a ridiculous thing to say.
Why the hell not?! Enough people do.

Chillaxxxxx.
Muppety_Kid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

No, I don't think there is.

Even if you do commit a crime, you're still human.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (564)
37.65%
No - but I will (117)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (108)
7.21%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (709)
47.33%

Watched Threads