Boyfriend trying to make me fat! Watch

makeshiftwings
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Really? What did you do?
I'm pretty average tbh but yeah I think that is what he's doing.
I ate the free food and dumped him a week later. Mwahaha.
Veni_vidi
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
this is funny
manc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
...you should probably leave before he starts picking up prostitutes and killing them
ProgressDesired
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm I dunno, maybe he's not doing it on purpose.

I remember I was taking my cousin around the sights of our glorious capital one time and she kept getting diet coke and we went Subway and she only had like a sixth of it (a third of the half) and then was like "I'm all full now" and I kept telling her to not worry about stuff and just enjoy it. I just kind of had the feeling that people are torturing themselves for no reason... If you're going to have a coffee, get a fat one, enjoy it. If you're going to a restaurant, enjoy yourself and gorge on that food... If you want coke, get the regular coke. If you're dieting, just drink water.

But now that I'm trying to lose weight myself I get it. If he's controlling and possessive anyway then perhaps you really ought to think about the relationship. But think if maybe you've got him wrong.

Michael
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Maybe he is a carnivore, like when Hansel and Gretle nearly got eaten?
Guy Secretan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Also, look on the brightside at least it shows he will still love you if you are fat!
joey11223
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hmm maybe he thinks, since you've said your like size 10-12 and you order diet drinks and stuff, your making yourself too skinny? I mean i always think it's silly when people order diet drinks anyway. Drinks never really have much fat or carbs in them anyway, it's more food that's going to effect your weight, having sugar free drinks isn't necessary unless your diabetic or already overweight.

Is he strong willed apart from when he changed your orders behind your back? Maybe he is too shy/worried/polite to talk to directly about your eating/drinking habits and so he'll just fix the problem, as he sees it, behind your back?

I'd say the best thing to do is tell him you know he orders regular stuff when you want to drink diet and say you don't want him to. If he gets angry at you then leave him before i turns into abuse if he instead says "ok" or says something like, " But I'm worried your too thin" or "I don't think diet drinks are that good for you, " i just think you shouldn't worry about your weight so much" etc, then it's probably genuine concern and you should talk about it.
WelshBluebird
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
As others have said, I think its probably cos your thin anyway, yet your still ordering low fat drinks etc. He could be thinking that your trying to lose weight. Just have a chat with him, and explain the situation etc.
Bubblebee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by joey11223)
hmm maybe he thinks, since you've said your like size 10-12 and you order diet drinks and stuff, your making yourself too skinny? I mean i always think it's silly when people order diet drinks anyway. Drinks never really have much fat or carbs in them anyway, it's more food that's going to effect your weight, having sugar free drinks isn't necessary unless your diabetic or already overweight.

Is he strong willed apart from when he changed your orders behind your back? Maybe he is too shy/worried/polite to talk to directly about your eating/drinking habits and so he'll just fix the problem, as he sees it, behind your back?

I'd say the best thing to do is tell him you know he orders regular stuff when you want to drink diet and say you don't want him to. If he gets angry at you then leave him before i turns into abuse if he instead says "ok" or says something like, " But I'm worried your too thin" or "I don't think diet drinks are that good for you, " i just think you shouldn't worry about your weight so much" etc, then it's probably genuine concern and you should talk about it.
There are like 300kcal in a can of regualar coke.

Sounds like a loser to me, why don't you just ask him why he does it. Maybe in the middle of starbucks so it embarasses him.
skinnyblackjeans
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
PLEASE Keep anon he uses Tsr and reads my threads

This is going to sound odd!....But i think my boyfriend is trying to make me fat. I'm a size 10 - 12 at the moment which I'm happy with .

He is the jealous / controlling / possessive type and goes crazy if another guy so much as looks at me. Maybe he's trying to put other guys off me?

He's tried to cancel my Gym membership so I wasn't allowed in (as it's not a yearly one - he took my card!), put regular coke in my big 2ltr bottle of Diet Coke, constantly gives me chocolate and goes on and on at me to eat it when I'm at his. Says I'm "too skinny". At Starbucks I've asked for low fat fraps - I overhear him telling them to get me regular. I don't know it's kind of strange. I might just be making too big a deal of it, at least he's not telling me not to eat

have you brought this up with him? what did he say?

You've gotta stand up for yourself - allow being fat!
x
silverbolt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
why are you with such a freak?

for your own sake get shot of him
INTit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sounds like heaven. Make sure hes paying for all the junk, just give in imo.
Dee27
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Talk to him. If he says you're "too skinny" then maybe he's just worried that you are too skinny and trying to lose more weight, still ordering diet drinks etc. It's possible he's trying to put other guys off you, but unlikely imo. Either way, if you don't like what he's doing you should let him know and ask why he's doing it.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by joey11223)
What planet are you on? If you think that drinking diet coke is no different to drinking normal coke, you are on a downward spiral on your way to morbid obesity.
A can of coke has like, 9 teaspoons of sugar in it!!! :eek:
sh0tgun
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
stop blaming your boyfriend for becoming a whale.
Rw*
Report 10 years ago
ditch this guy he sounds a complete idiot!
Sapphire_Eyes
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You need to talk to him
He might be worried about you getting too thin/too fat with the whole hype with size zero. He might be worried about other male attention around you

or be could be a chubby chaser
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (467)
38.03%
No - but I will (95)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (87)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (579)
47.15%

Watched Threads