Should the Church of England appoint women bishops? Watch

The Epicurean
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by L i b)
:rolleyes:
Trying to say my reason is stupid? :p: I just personally can't see the reason for an all male church. Mary is one of the most important people in the church, God chose a woman to raise his son. Yet they believe it should be a male role only.
UGeNe
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zedbrar)
Trying to say my reason is stupid? :p: I just personally can't see the reason for an all male church. Mary is one of the most important people in the church, God chose a woman to raise his son. Yet they believe it should be a male role only.
Men lead. Women follow/ cook/ raise offspring...you get the picture...stupid government trying to interfer in the balance

sarcasm
liamb
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some of us lead... the rest of you follow!
Jerry Meandering
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 2026)
Trivial matters? Pfft.
In the grand scheme of things I'd say it's pretty trivial. Do you think Jesus really gives a **** about who is leading services on a Sunday? I should think that he'd be delighted that anybody is interested at all these days.
Demoskratos7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes. Although I don't understand why women would want to be appointed as bishops, as they are inferior according to the Bible and mainstream Christian doctrine.
chriise
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Gay bishops is one thing, but women... thats crossing a line
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise