farawayheartbeat
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
But i'm kinda embarassed to.
Is that more important than your health? :/
it's her job, she'll have seen it all before - and much worse things.
SarahhhD
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
But i'm kinda embarassed to.
Shes seen it all before, just go and explain to her, before she starts asking questions tell her you are a Virgin, My Doctor spent about 5 minuites asking questions which basically lead back to "are you sexually active/were you about 5 months ago?".
EskimoJo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Smoobla)
Maybe the OP said 'she' because her doctor is female? :p:
Whoops! :doh:
StarsAreFixed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The clots are causing the pain. I'd say wait it out for your next one, and if it's the same, go to docs. The pill would help, it makes them lighter and more regular.
jenren22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sifr)
My friend used to get her period every 9 months..
Did a baby come with it? :p:.

OP - i have had this before, it's normal, If you're worried you could phone your doctor for advice but i think if it was that late it's obviously likely to be heavy. I have missed periods completely but i have swapped around with pills etc recently and other medication. Mine are different every month, and come at different times!
suek
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well, Monday is a couple of days away, see how it's feeling then. There's not much chance the doctor will want to have a proper peek I don't think, and by Monday it should be easing up anyway.

However, if you explain that you are having really heavy, painful periods, your doctor might suggest going on the pill, as it does help regulate them and calm them down, too. Also it's worth asking about a painkiller/anti-inflammatory called mefenemic acid, it's very good for periods. There's no need to be embarrassed, like I said, if you just say you're having really painful periods, the worst your doctor will want to do is take your blood pressure if she does suggest the pill.

Oh and another reason not to be embarassed - it's VERY common! Just look at all the people posting here. Mine are pretty hellish in a don't-want-to-get-out-of-bed-all-day way, but the mefenemic acid really helps. What's the odds your doctor, being female, has or had perfectly fine, non-painful periods? Doubt it tbh She'll be kind, and understanding I'm sure :p:
Anonymous #4
Report 10 years ago
I've had my period for about 5 years now, and I've always been completely irregular (more so at certain times, but I put it down to stress). I also have clots most times, and period pains are terrible. I thought it was just normal?
Sifr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jenren22)
Did a baby come with it? :p:.

OP - i have had this before, it's normal, If you're worried you could phone your doctor for advice but i think if it was that late it's obviously likely to be heavy. I have missed periods completely but i have swapped around with pills etc recently and other medication. Mine are different every month, and come at different times!
No..no..A baby did not POP out too..

No I do think she had something wrong, becuase she told me her doctor prescribed her some tablets becuase she had problems woith her hormnones
(I called them boob tablets...becuase we thought these pill were finally gonna give her a kick start into puberty! )
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Period Pains been awful today. Their making me feel really nauseas & i can't eat anything.

Going through Super+ Tamapx at an alarming rate
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Does anyone else have massive mood swings,on their period ?

I've been in Tears loads - burst into tears coz i overcooked my Pasta
And yelled at Mum & my Sister
Anonymous #4
Report 10 years ago
Does anyone else have massive mood swings,on their period ?

I've been in Tears loads - burst into tears coz i overcooked my Pasta
And yelled at Mum & my Sister
oh definitely. all the time. that's why I love it when it's really late - that way I get more than a couple of normal weeks! because BAM, as soon as it comes I'm quite posssibly the most annoying person hmm... ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (44)
37.29%
No - but I will (4)
3.39%
No - I don't want to (5)
4.24%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (65)
55.08%

Watched Threads