Riding motorbikes. The aggro which comes with it. Watch

Tofufi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
This is probably true.

I'd rather die because of someone elses stupidity though.

If I had a sports bike, I'd probably die from over-doing it myself instead

1960s hardtails ftw

Also... as a car driver, I do look out for bikers and give them a big gap. But I don't appreciate them overtaking me stupidly, as they occasionally do. A few of them do seem to have a death wish.
Bathwiggle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crazyhelicopter)
Actually I don't like motorcyclists because they're dangerous. I check my mirrors regularly and hate it when I see a motorcyclist behind me, because I know they will either-
- Weave in and out of traffic, almost getting hit on a regular basis
- Undertake at high speed, again very dangerous
- Drive past at 100+ mph

I'm not surprised that motorcyclists are involved in so many accidents, they ride like idiots (on the most part).

although the organ donor aspect certainly appeals
Im late to this, and i know others have said it but i bike, i dont weave through traffic, i dont undertake i dont go at speeds over 100mph, i rarely get about 80, and thats only on the motorway! and i dont know any other bikers that do, its actually a small minority (in my belive of the ones ive met) that do this.

Yeah weve known as organ donors - but most of us also give blood, and we're normally organ donors due to a cars stupidity!

Im also a cyclist on a mountain bike - i've had more serious accidents on that then ever on my bike (none) and shredded my legs and arms up coming off on the road due to car drivers hitting me, hence i wear jeans on the mountainbike, and protective trousers on the motorbike (we dont have to look like a power ranger).

But there are idiots who wear shorts, t shirt, no jacket, no gloves, the do excessive speeds, there the problems, but dont generalize all of us with them please?
GemmyMonster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Of course, if your vehicle is going to catch on fire in an accident, at least you're thrown away from a bike, rather than being burnt to a crisp. *shrugs*
JC.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
LMAO, some tit negged me for agreeing with another poster that Cars are Better than bikes.

What a Rodney.
Tofufi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by GemmyMonster)
Of course, if your vehicle is going to catch on fire in an accident, at least you're thrown away from a bike, rather than being burnt to a crisp. *shrugs*
If you're not in a film, it's not likely to happen...
Tofufi
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by JC.)
LMAO, some tit negged me for agreeing with another poster that Cars are Better than bikes.
Quite how anyone can even care enough to do that I won't know :laugh:

I'll probably get negged for saying this now :rolleyes:
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
cars are better than bikes though, i thought most people knew this :confused:
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Its just a matter of opinion
Bavarian Motor Works
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Tbh there are opinions then there are just plain stupid opinions like you cant feel the speed in a car etc .....
Bathwiggle
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did i say that? its a matter of preference, i've always prefered two wheels, and being able to lean going around the corners. You prefer cars, i prefer bikes. I dont get a thrill in a car, you do
Haft_Hasht_Shish
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
The car is more suitable in certain situations ~ no doubt about that. The main aggro I get are cars and taxi drivers in Central London who change lanes without indicating and/or forget they they have mirrors. But mostly chavs who thinks it's alright to use my bike as seating when they are drunk, and as I found out this morning -- probably decided to kick off my rear indicators for a laugh :mad:
sharpesparkle
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
Its safer to to weaving etc in a car than a bike ...
Only because cars have airbags! Lol. Bikes can nip back in faster and easier than cars...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (322)
37.49%
No - but I will (67)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.22%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (408)
47.5%

Watched Threads