Eating out Watch

Spotty Dog
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
BTW, does counting calories mean you have an ED? What do you guys think, seriously?
I don't think it's the only factor in it.

If your counting calories from a full, varied and healthy diet, and counting up your healthy, recommended calorie intake (ie, not halving it etc), and you feel happy about the person you are, then no.

If you're counting calories through an intake of lettuce.... xD
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Wow.

Where is Harvester? I've never heard of it. Are you in the UK?
Yes I am - They're pretty widespread, these days. Harvester Website.

EDIT: According to 'Find a Harvester' (using Bath as a location), there's 3 within around 20 miles of you.
Spindle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think if you count calories to the point where it affects where you will and will not eat, then yes I think you have a problem.

I don't mean any offense by that, just being truthful.

I mean, will it matter that much if chicken is steamed, grilled or baked in the long run? Yes, some will be healthier than others but I totally agree with Bebbs. There is not much of a difference and if you're worried about the difference then personally I'd be concerned.
Tufts
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Spotty Dog)
I don't think it's the only factor in it.

If your counting calories from a full, varied and healthy diet, and counting up your healthy, recommended calorie intake (ie, not halving it etc), and you feel happy about the person you are, then no.

If you're counting calories through an intake of lettuce.... xD
lol I deffo eat more than lettuce.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Yes I am - They're pretty widespread, these days. Harvester Website.

EDIT: According to 'Find a Harvester' (using Bath as a location), there's 3 within around 20 miles of you.
There's one in Sunderland (I live in Newcastle, so not bad)

Thank you :hugs: I'll deffo be trying it!
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
There's one in Sunderland (I live in Newcastle, so not bad)

Thank you :hugs: I'll deffo be trying it!
Please do - And try several, if you have them in your area! We have two in my local city, but one is dire. The other we visit regularly (they know us by name! XD). I'm not sure if they're franchised, but the quality does seem to vary between the restaurants. But cheap food and unlimited salad can't be moaned at, really.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Please do - And try several, if you have them in your area! We have two in my local city, but one is dire. The other we visit regularly (they know us by name! XD). I'm not sure if they're franchised, but the quality does seem to vary between the restaurants. But cheap food and unlimited salad can't be moaned at, really.
'Unlimited Salad' is making my mouth water :p:

So what are your favourite healthy meals at Harvester? Which would you reccomend?
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
'Unlimited Salad' is making my mouth water :p:

So what are your favourite healthy meals at Harvester? Which would you reccomend?
Well I'm a big steak lover - I'm food phobic and have a lot of trouble trying new foods, so I tend to end up with plain meat and chips (and garnish from the salad cart - Cucumber, pepper and grated carrot. They also do cold pastas, coleslaw, curetons(sp?) etc on it). But my partner (a chef in a michelin starred restaurant :P) recommends the chicken, as do my parents.
cillitbang
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
maybe slight symptoms of orthorexia? dunno, i guess it depends whether food interferes with your daily activities.
Antonia87
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When eating out on a diet, the best food to opt for is Thai. Its very low in fat and sugar.

Indian is the WORST food to opt for hwne watching your weight. Its PACKED with calories and fat and carbs.
Tufts
Rep:
?
Well I'm a big steak lover - I'm food phobic and have a lot of trouble trying new foods, so I tend to end up with plain meat and chips (and garnish from the salad cart - Cucumber, pepper and grated carrot. They also do cold pastas, coleslaw, curetons(sp?) etc on it). But my partner (a chef in a michelin starred restaurant :P) recommends the chicken, as do my parents.
Mmmmmm chicken. Ages since I've had that.

Do they do brown pasta with the salads?
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Mmmmmm chicken. Ages since I've had that.

Do they do brown pasta with the salads?
Pass, I don't eat it. :P
User188463
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tufts)
Oh the drama of eating out!

Can someone please advise where is the best place to eat for the minimum of calories/fat possible?

I'm a fan of Wetherspoons but their menu is limited.

Please suggest venues and menus!
Sushi is healthy? Or wagamamas? Japanese/Thai/Morrocan food is gd for you. But it sounds like you like crappy english food so maybe a newish pub. Maybe if you said where you are that might help you.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
They do do wholemeal pasta on the Fish, Veg and Pasta menu (Simply Pasta)

There's also the Chicken menu.

They're really REALLY good at adjusting what they cook to meet your needs, too.
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by .Louise.)
I work in the kitchen and well, my job description is "microwave technician".
Says it all. Everything is cooked in microwaves and breakfasts are kept heated up in a special storage thing.

Lush.
Its the same with a lot of cheap chain pub type places. But if you are short on cash then its the guilt free eating out option to take when you need convienance and I just love spoons chilli :p:
lolilady---O
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why are people having ago about the Op wanting to have low calorie foods out :s: Surely that's her buisiness and instead of the lectures just give info?

Umm I don't know specific resturants but try and go for grilled foods instead of fried. & side salads (- dressing) are a good option
happydinosaur
Report 10 years ago
Don't mean to ruin it, but it gets 2 and a half minutes in the microwave :P hehe, before I worked there I loved the food tbh
You didn't ruin it :p: I presumed that and anyway doesn't really mean much. No different to buying the stuff in asda and sticking it in a microwave at home except that it tastes better than any supermarket microwaved food I've eaten. Plus you get to eat it out with friends and have a few drinks and a good time.
Bebbs
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I work in the kitchen and well, my job description is "microwave technician".
Says it all. Everything is cooked in microwaves and breakfasts are kept heated up in a special storage thing.

Lush.

Even the grill night and sunday club?
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by yesboss)
eat out as much as possible
1... 2... 3.. and warned!
Levid1992
Report 10 years ago
Harvester, They cater for people who are trying to or just minding their weight.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (542)
37.74%
No - but I will (112)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.63%

Watched Threads