Me&boyfreind going to uni Watch

Becky7337
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by xxstace123xx)
Yes we will see, think you will be eating your head. Your probably all older than me, so obviously you have better grammar, i will get an A because all ny coursework is A* and my practice exam was the highest A grade, just because i don't always spell everything right because i've made a typing error or i have wrote it in text form doesn't mean i'm not good at english, i just dont spend time looking at what my spelling is like on a post, it is only a post people. I would also like to point out that i asked for advice not everyone telling me it wont happen, if you have some advice please let me know, if not then don't bother posting!!
You've already been given a lot of advice! You're just going to be hearing the same thing over again because there's a limit to what anyone can say on this topic.
Stray_talk
Badges: 2
Report 10 years ago
Yes we will see, think you will be eating your head. Your probably all older than me, so obviously you have better grammar, i will get an A because all ny coursework is A* and my practice exam was the highest A grade, just because i don't always spell everything right because i've made a typing error or i have wrote it in text form doesn't mean i'm not good at english, i just dont spend time looking at what my spelling is like on a post, it is only a post people. I would also like to point out that i asked for advice not everyone telling me it wont happen, if you have some advice please let me know, if not then don't bother posting!!
We're just trying to open up those baby blues a little, hun.
Miss_Scarlett
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I know people are saying its a stupid idea to try and get into the same uni solely for the purposes of maintaining a relationship and I concur. But just out of interest who has managed to stay in a relationship when you are at 2 different uni's?
xxstace123xx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
i think we would be fine in different universities as long as we could see eachother regularly.
Spotty Dog
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i think we would be fine in different universities as long as we could see eachother regularly.
So why don't you consider that? Think about London unis, or something like that. The space could do you the world of good. (Frankly, I can't wait to move away from my partner because I know we'll value the time together even more then rather than just 'expecting' the other to be there - Living together runs the risk of ending in a very regular routine. XD)
Hedgeman49
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Heh, you go to my old high school (my brother still attends), and you live about five minutes away.
Anyway, back on topic. I don't think that thinking about uni at your age is unreasonable. However, putting blind faith in a young relationship (or indeed any relationship) over the period of three/four years is not a good idea.
May I just ask if your boyfriend is the same age as you?
suek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Good girl

The only thing that should govern your university choice is what is best for YOU - no one else. And long distance stuff works all the time, if you both want it to, and commit to it, there's no reason it won't.
donuticus
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Blimey. If you stay together when you graduate you will have been together for 12 years. My marriage didn't last that long. Best of luck to you both though.

As people have said maybe different Uni's in the same City would be something to look at, Birmingham, Sheffield, London.
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hedgeman49)
May I just ask if your boyfriend is the same age as you?

nope year above

he want's to take a gap year though, so it works.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
We've managed a 3.5 year relationship over two different countries so far. If you can't manage between two different unis then frankly that is VERY poor if you two love one another (as you seem so keen to allege).
Em_maK
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

:rofl:

Anyway, you've been together since you were 11/12...that I find a little strange.

Teenage love, it hardly ever lasts :rolleyes:

The couple I know that planned to go to the same university broke up 1 month before results.
I wouldn't suggest planning your life around him.
suek
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh, I went to the same uni as my boyfriend, we broke up after 3 months, and I dropped out coz I was stupid and picked my uni because of him, and my course, I didn't really want to do for a career anyway so.. bewaaare!
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angelil)
We've managed a 3.5 year relationship over two different countries so far. If you can't manage between two different unis then frankly that is VERY poor if you two love one another (as you seem so keen to allege).
i didn't say i couldn't, i just love to be with him you see I could cope with going to different ones as long as i could still see him.
Schmokie Dragon
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mee && my bf wanna go to uni togetha ,, but we are really worried about not getting into the same uni!

he wants to do electrical engineering n i wanna do psychology?

dunoo wat to do lol anyone?

xx
Tbh, I wouldn't do it unless you have tried living together before. I went to university with my ex-boyfriend and things went badly wrong.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wow, this just gets better every time. You've just implied that people in LDRs DON'T love to see their partners :rolleyes:
Loser222
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
dont do it , hes only a bf you will have many of them.
xxstace123xx
Rep:
?
(Original post by Angelil)
Wow, this just gets better every time. You've just implied that people in LDRs DON'T love to see their partners :rolleyes:
Hows that?, I simply said iIlove to be with him, and never mentioned or implied that people in long distance relationships don't love to see their partners, in fact I think that they will probably appreciate the other person more. & I happen to think it is really romantic, i'm just not sure!
GodspeedGehenna
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hows that?, I simply said iIlove to be with him, and never mentioned or implied that people in long distance relationships don't love to see their partners, in fact I think that they will probably appreciate the other person more. & I happen to think it is really romantic, i'm just not sure!
How do you even know you want to study Psychology, seeing as you haven't ever studied it formally?
LearningMath
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dispite the fact i'm very sceptical about your absolute version of how your life will turn out, i have to admire your optimism and ability to ignore the constructive criticism and general bad vibes you must be getting from replies.

EDIT: Have you finished your GCSE exams yet... i just realised 15 could be year 10.
rt
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Dreamy_whisper)
Never let a relationship that probably isn't going to last anyway influence where you go to uni.
That's abit morbid - not all relationships fail. Maybe you have bad experiences but not everyone.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed