The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Glutamic Acid
- Get a maths degree
- Stay out of jail

*dont rape anyone

forgot that off your list :p:
Reply 61
Yes. I know roughly what I'd like to do and how I'll go about it.
Reply 62
I had one at 16 and thought I'd stick it "no matter what"

2 years later me and my plans are completely different. By all means make plans but its very likely you'll discover new interests and passions along the way.
I am 19 years old and I think my last life plan was formed age five, when I was going to be Hulk Hogan.
Reply 64
yes but only concerning my education. i knew what college i wanted to go to, what course id do and then what uni i would go to and what degree i wanted to do.

the only thing that has changed is the uni but everything else ive stuck too. i like having a plan makes me even more determined and its good to know that im aiming towards something i really want. however relationships i dont have a plan.... that takes away the fun and its one of those things you have to go with the flow.
Reply 65
I'm 20 and I still have no idea what I want to do with my life :shock: :frown:.

Help me.
Reply 66
When I was 16, I wanted to go to Uni to study Maths, didn't want to do a PhD in Maths, do a PGCE and then go and become a teacher, and join the TA part time during the holidays. (I had no idea of the feasibility of this path, before anyone berates me!!)

I'm now 18, I don't want to teach; I don't want to join the army and I want to go into research after a PhD.

Life plans change.
trance addict
*dont rape anyone

forgot that off your list :p:

Err, I didn't. :wink:
Glutamic Acid
Err, I didn't. :wink:

fair play :biggrin:

don't worry, it won't get that far, I heard maths degree makes you very attractive to girls (well after it brings in all the monies) :biggrin:
trance addict
fair play :biggrin:

don't worry, it won't get that far, I heard maths degree makes you very attractive to girls (well after it brings in all the monies) :biggrin:

Quite. Not that I need any extra attraction. :p:
Reply 70
I intend to go to uni, not a clue what course though. I'm not even sure about which A levels to do yet and I've already had to confirm my choices...
Glutamic Acid
Quite. Not that I need any extra attraction. :p:

Yeah i guess the maths is enough :biggrin:
I think its silly to plan too much. If you only do what you have prepepared you may end up not doing what suits you the most and that could lead to avoidable mistakes.

At 16, I always thought I wanted to English Lit and Sussex. It was only until I researched further that I realised how much Sheffield suited me better. If I'd have just stuck by my plan I would never have realised this.

Also, situations and circumstances change. You never really know whats going to happen in 3 weeks, let alone 30 years.
I'm just playing my life by ear at the moment.
At 16 my only plan was to go to uni.

Now im at uni, i would ideally like to start property development before im 26, and dont see myself working in a office job with the same routine everyday, id like to do somthing where when you wake up in the morning you dont know what lies ahead for the rest of the day.
Reply 74
maths degree ---> investment banker at deutsche bank..have 3 kids and a dog named bobo
I'm 16 and I have a vague plan about my future career...
GCSEs - get good results in August (hopefully)
A levels - get As (hopefully)
Uni - Study medicine
Possibly do some voluntary work once I become a doctor
Meet another handsome do-gooder and live happily ever after.... (heheh)

It's pretty vague and life happens so you never know
At 16, I had a plan. Good IGCSEs, offer from LSE, go to LSE, get a good finance job afterwards. Now if I don't fulfill my offer, all will be lost....kind of. Dammit.
Hmm. I have a very basic plan.

A-Levels, Uni for as long as needed (postgrad included depending what I'm doing), career.

But that's changed from law to forensic sciences, back to law, vet med, a general science degree and currently medicine. Will definitely be sciencey (artsy subjects don't suit me. Not even sure why I ever wanted law.
that sounds like me, i wanted to do law (maybe forensics) my english skill has gone crap now though so it went to dentistry and now computer science
trance addict
that sounds like me, i wanted to do law (maybe forensics) my english skill has gone crap now though so it went to dentistry and now computer science

I've lost all interest in doing arts subjects. I probably could, but meh.

I was always adamant I'd never have kids or get married. Then I seriously thought this through.

Now I've decided I might have a partner (married.. not sure.), but not kids. But now I don't not want kids in a childish way, it's in a thought through way.

My rats are my babies!

Latest

Trending

Trending