UKCAT - Practice Questions and Useful Resources Watch

scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HodHod)
Is the whiteboard available throughout each section?
Yes, you are given it at the start of the test and keep it throughout.
HodHod
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Yes, you are given it at the start of the test and keep it throughout.
ahh good!
mines tomorrow
scaryhair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HodHod)
ahh good!
mines tomorrow
Good luck
Be sure to post your result in the UKCAT 2008 thread too!
ajdj
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
has anyone got any tips for Abstract reasoning??! I just cant find any connections or patterns in there and pretty for 80% of the questions just guess by looking at similar shapes they have lol.
also for the Decision analysis do you people write down every code or do it in your head...is it even possible to write them down and still finish under the time limit?
Isometrix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ajdj)
has anyone got any tips for Abstract reasoning??! I just cant find any connections or patterns in there and pretty for 80% of the questions just guess by looking at similar shapes they have lol.
also for the Decision analysis do you people write down every code or do it in your head...is it even possible to write them down and still finish under the time limit?
was never good with AR...i guessed nearly everything on mine. there are a few tips on medicat which tell you what patterns you should look out for: http://www.medicmix.com/medicat.html you need to sign up first. but the questions on there are ridiculously easy and nothing compared to the real test...in the real test you have to look out for more than one pattern for each set...
DA isn't bad...i find it easier to just repeat the code in my head and try and find the best interpretation. but you're given 29 minutes which is plenty of time....even if you need to right the codes down.
x.beth.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ajdj)
DA is the best section for time. You'll probably end up with 5 or so minutes at the end to check through (the only section that this could happen in imo). Boy could I have used those extra minutes in VR/QR though.
001kpnuts
Report 10 years ago
hey peeps!
i have ma ukcat exam on 7th october in wolves
does any1 have any last minutes advice! i relli need it as im a resit candidate!
thanks!
themaheep
Report 10 years ago
Thanks a lot for posting such a marvellous thread I truly appreciate it.

My Ukcat exam is tomorrow and i've got proper nerves about it .

Can someone who has already given this test, tell me that how much %(on an avg.) do i need to score on each sub-test inorder to get an average score of about 650ish

Some people told its about 30-40 %. Any1 knowing a definite %. ??
blip
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks!
the (grr) ukcat site is so evil! i jus did some practice and have no idea how i did/how 2 improve coz i got no feedback... apart from realising that the ukcat is impossible

is there any indication i can get about how im doing from a website??
Make_It
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by themaheep)
Thanks a lot for posting such a marvellous thread I truly appreciate it.

My Ukcat exam is tomorrow and i've got proper nerves about it .

Can someone who has already given this test, tell me that how much %(on an avg.) do i need to score on each sub-test inorder to get an average score of about 650ish

Some people told its about 30-40 %. Any1 knowing a definite %. ??
No one actually knows.
Only the company who does the tests.
But I do have to say, 30-40 % for 650 sounds too low tbh.
Make_It
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh also, I have my UKCAT tomorrow.
Panic.

Anyway, I can't seem to be able to download the practice questions.
It says it can't save the file or something.
Can anyone help me with this?
vj69
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Woah ive sat here and done pretty much all those examples at the top and ive finished a kaplan book with lots of tests. Ive saved the online practice test and one paper mini test for tomorrow and on wed i give the test! Hope i can get 650-750! I got 630 last yr but i didnt exactly rack my brain i dont know why!
shriya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by vj69)
Woah ive sat here and done pretty much all those examples at the top and ive finished a kaplan book with lots of tests. Ive saved the online practice test and one paper mini test for tomorrow and on wed i give the test! Hope i can get 650-750! I got 630 last yr but i didnt exactly rack my brain i dont know why!
i bet with that much practice, you will easily get a score in 700.meh,i have just done the practice questions on the website,and now i am worried
i.star
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have my UKCAT on tues 23 and still haven't practiced prpoperly. Are 2 days enough for practicing?? if not then i might as well reschedule
memenme_1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by i.star)
I have my UKCAT on tues 23 and still haven't practiced prpoperly. Are 2 days enough for practicing?? if not then i might as well reschedule
i have got mine on the 25th and i am really dreading it. I have got the official UKCAT book and did some of the papers but still i am unsure of how it is all going to go.....
clairedelune
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by i.star)
you do realise you can only apply to 4 unis right?

I've got my UKCAt on monday, and thought i'd be really stressed but i'm not..strange. it's just the timing and accuracy you've got to practice for, but it should be alright. QMUL and KCl use the Ukcat like a filter right? I'm applying there too, and SGUL

i was told by my head of sixth form that the london uni's can actually see what other uni's you are applying for an if one rejects you then that makes the others think you're not good enough so they'll reject you too. any thoughts on this? i'm not sure i believe my head of sixth form. i hope they're wrong.
GoonerH
Report 10 years ago
hi,
which of these two books do you think is better for the UKCAT?
http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...do?sku=6076917
OR
http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...do?sku=6196592
or do you have one which you think is better than the two?

and are either of them actually useful for the BMAT or will it be necessary to get the cambridge assessment book for that?
marshey
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I used the first one. I found it pretty good, although I find the verbal reasoning questions in the book a lot harder than on the UKCAT site. But to be honest, if you are just doing the UKCAT, then I wouldn't bother buying it, just do the practise papers they release. After all, they say it's an exam you can't revise for.
1mhward
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I have the first one and it is really good, I think you should buy one, if you have the option, they can be quite helpful. And the 1st one has practises and then a test on each section, though I'd get it off amazon or somewhere cheaper than RRP because the section on the BMAT is kinda wasted if you arent doing it.
crazylemon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had the first one but diddnt find It overly useful, might find It good for BMAT though. Got very good score though, 755 whether this was because of the book or because of othwer practice I dont know
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed