Body-con dresses Watch

johnbrown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Jingaling)
I have that in Black and Evergreen, it's tight but looks lovely on, and wear good underwear lol
hi, is the evergreen nice? which do you wear more?

i'm thinking of getting that dress, I'm not sure I want it in black as I have loads of black clothes but on the other hand I think it would be a lot more versatile, and when spending that much I kind of want something I can wear often. I was thinking of asphalt or cranberry otherwise although I don't know whether I would ever dare wear cranberry or whether it would go with black tights...
Meltdown30
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
yo guys, thought i'd bring this thread back rather than making a new one.

thinking about buying a black body con dress but i dont know what to wear with it, I dont just want the standard black stilleto look, something a little more edgy but im out of inspiration, any ideas?
I think some bright statement heels! Something like:

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Premiu...t=-1&clr=Multi
http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Multi-...clr=Pink+Multi (I so want these)
http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Premiu...lr=Orange/Pink
http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Leathe...=-1&clr=Fushia

Topshop also do gorgeous statement shoes but their site's down atm.
Nikki-x
Badges: 0
Report 9 years ago
I love them!
weet_ABI_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I thought I hated them and made a thread the other day about one I'd bought and with no idea what to wear with it, but would like to report back that wore it out the other night and everyone was complimenting me on it! I'm not chubby but I'm hardly skinny either, size 10-12, and I think it made me look thinner!
Love.Angel.Music.Baby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by weet_ABI_x)
I thought I hated them and made a thread the other day about one I'd bought and with no idea what to wear with it, but would like to report back that wore it out the other night and everyone was complimenting me on it! I'm not chubby but I'm hardly skinny either, size 10-12, and I think it made me look thinner!

good to hear, I'm the same size as you and was wondering how it'd look as i'm not skinny! where abouts is yours from?

awesome idea meltdown30, thining of getting the 3rd pair, woop!
Bluebell29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I love them... the herve leger one's are gorgeous.

I think the thing is with body-con dresses, people think because they are tight that they they wont suit you if you're over a size 8. Admittedly, most of the styles of body-con dresses are really flattering to a more 'curvy' figure. But theres still quite a few one's that people up to say a size 14, could get away with. For instance, the black & gold body-con dress that all saints were selling last year, my friend had that in a size 12 and she looked great in it.
Saying that though, there's some horrid styles around... the lycra type one's they've started selling in topshop are awful. But thats probably just me being bitter because Im a size 8, yet I couldnt even get my head through the size 8 of that particular dress!
weet_ABI_x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Love.Angel.Music.Baby)
good to hear, I'm the same size as you and was wondering how it'd look as i'm not skinny! where abouts is yours from?

awesome idea meltdown30, thining of getting the 3rd pair, woop!
It's a bright purple one from Select - It cost me £15.40 with student discount, which is significantly cheap in my opinion! It looks a million times less chavvy on than it does on the hanger!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (152)
18.14%
No (510)
60.86%
Not really bothered about them (176)
21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed