Report 10 years ago
Small girls are the best!

My ex was 4'11 :P
megmog9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 5 foot. At the mo it's a bit annoying cause sixth form uniform is hard to come buy (we have to wear suits).

Normally though, it's pretty good Don't worry OP as you can see by all the replies you don't have anything to worry about.

And for the guys that are 5'6'', don't worry, as long as guys are taller than me even by a tiny bit I'm fine, so don't panic
xSplashx
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by musicalimogen)
I'm 5'1 and recently I've noticed that this is really short and starting to feel a bit insecure. Is this a problem?
Well I'm 4'11, think of how I feel.:p: I feel insecure about it sometimes but usually I find its a good thing. It only bugs me that my close friends are taller than 5'6 and so it sometimes makes it hard to hear the conversations. :rolleyes:
smilee172
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
everyone here has said it's not an issue... but to be honest i'm 5'2'' and it's the bane of my life. people (complete strangers) are constantly commenting on it, as though it's their place. and people always use it to say 'you're so short you look like you're 14' - never once have i found my height to be a good thing, and at uni when i finally got my head round it and didn't mind so much, people carried on commenting.
wholikeswood
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im only 5ft 4"

but i have learnt to counter my height disadvantage thru SMS (Small Man Syndrome) and i've never looked back
heartofglass
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by smilee172)
everyone here has said it's not an issue... but to be honest i'm 5'2'' and it's the bane of my life. people (complete strangers) are constantly commenting on it, as though it's their place. and people always use it to say 'you're so short you look like you're 14' - never once have i found my height to be a good thing, and at uni when i finally got my head round it and didn't mind so much, people carried on commenting.
Hmm, are you sure you're 5ft2? I know countless girls who are this height, and i would never say "wow aren't you short" because i'd be sick of saying it if that were the case. (and also it'd be silly saying it to someone taller than me, but that's beside the point) There is absolutely nothing wrong with your height, for me, i would LOVE to be your height, even though i'm pretty much comfortable with my own. I'm quite abit shorter than you, and i get comments occasionally, but theyre never really nasty, they just state the obvious. I feel like saying "Really? I never actually knew i was short. Damn, i always thought i was tall. Well, thanks for informing me." When people do comment, just make a joke out of it.
xJessx
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm only 5ft 0.5in (never sure whether to round it down to 5ft or up to 5ft 1in?) and I don't mind friends and family commenting because I'm comfortable with it. I'm slim but curvy so basically, all of me is small not just my height. Basically, I'm in proportion lol so it doesn't bother me.
What does bother me is when people comment the first time I meet them. There was this very gobby girl who screeched: "Oh my God aren't you small?!" the first time she met me and I wasn't impressed

OP, there's no point worrying because you can't change your height. As long as you are healthy and you learn to live with it, that's the important thing. NEXT petite do some good clothes which will flatter your figure, don't hide it cos there's loads of girls who'd love to be in your position! X x
elziebelzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i'm 5 foot 8 and although i love being a tall, i cant wear heels! which sucks! so all you shorties - embrace the high heels!
DavidYork
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aw what?? My girlfriend is 5'1" too and she is beautiful. Short girls are the cutest!!!
Veecee
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by heartofglass)
Hmm, are you sure you're 5ft2? I know countless girls who are this height, and i would never say "wow aren't you short" because i'd be sick of saying it if that were the case. (and also it'd be silly saying it to someone taller than me, but that's beside the point) There is absolutely nothing wrong with your height, for me, i would LOVE to be your height, even though i'm pretty much comfortable with my own. I'm quite abit shorter than you, and i get comments occasionally, but theyre never really nasty, they just state the obvious. I feel like saying "Really? I never actually knew i was short. Damn, i always thought i was tall. Well, thanks for informing me." When people do comment, just make a joke out of it.
That's what I thought. 5'2 for a girl is only a few inches shorter then the average british female height which is about 5'4. source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2002/au...ience.research

So its not what I would consider as "short". Its a bit like calling a 5'8 man a shorty, but if you dress right and look after yourself no one can tell the difference.
Ilora-Danon
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 5'2" and can honestly say my height is the last thing I'd worry about.
smilee172
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by heartofglass)
yeh i do make a joke out ofit else you'd end up becomign really hung up on your size... i was just kinda commenting to point out that it's not only good stuff that short people hear. yeh i am definitely 5'2''.
shadowrow
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Solya)
No, it's not I'm around 5'2 and I don't look weird in heels or next to guys. I hate it though that all the sleeves and jeans are too long. But being small is a cute thing and you're not that super short anyway to be worried Oh, and if you have the problem with the jeans and pants, Zara and Kenvelo sell them in pretty reasonable length even for us.
unfortunately I am 5'5 and jeans are always too long on me too! i didn't even think that i had short legs in proportion to my body. I think maybe it's river island that's the problem though. By the way topshop do various lengths in jeans for anyone with issues like that but they dont start very short grrr!
sssjay
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
im only bloomin 5ft tall but it's not really been a problem, although it gets a bit gay when people think im 12...like in restaurants, the waiter thing always brings a childs menu for me.
but pffft. childs busfare for the winnnn!
DominF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most guys like the girl being smaller, you're sorted.
King4eva
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by obsession)
How ya' doin'
:nopity:
Ili
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by deathlyhallow)
I'm 5'2 as well, I sometimes get insecure when I go out with my really tall (girl) friends but I'll just wear heels and then feel more confident.
Ditto. Heels are great to create the illusion of being taller, but you gotta agree that heels aren't the most comfortable things in the world. They hurt like hell and you get blisters as a consequence.
Jon7
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sssjay)
childs busfare for the winnnn!
Damn, I really envy you on that

I want child busfare tooooo... :no:
FrustratedHistorian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm 5'3. Despite heels make me appear taller so i can converse with my taller amigas, the pain that comes with it: is not eitirely worth it :/
purple-girl
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm only 4'11", and not without problems, but you've just gotta embrace it! As someone said before, it's only a problem if you make it one! I get the feeling that people who don't know me think I'm only about 14, but you have to think of the advantages! Most my friends are on the shorter side-in my group of 10 there're 2 that I'd say are tall, 3 of us are very short, and the other 5 are around average, I'd say 3 leaning towards the short side.

Luckily I've not had any height-related problems really...people have just accepted that that's how I am. I used to get loads of people asking why I was so short and at the time I had no idea (but I do now, and it's been treated as much as it can be). there's nothing wrong with being short, you've just gotta milk it for what it's worth !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (868)
80.07%
Leave (216)
19.93%

Watched Threads