Report 10 years ago
(Original post by anna_spanner89)
We all have them..we're not perfect..mine are

not paying attention on the road
not giving enough space

anddd..the classic, speeding

share yours!!!

Two potentially dangerous 'habits'
I can't stand people who sit up my bumper, if this is what you mean? It gets them nowhere and if I have to stop suddenly they'd be in my car with me! I think paying attention is pretty paramount too.

My bad habits are probably driving with one hand on the wheel sometimes and not checking my side mirrors before I indicate.
Sparrow Hawk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by B4DG3R)
You are not supposed to pick up the bad habits till after you pass...for some reason, the examiners don't like them!
i know, but, its easier sometimes.
neon
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
talent spotting

i look out for fit girls on the pavement. havent crashed yet :borat:
DirtyHarry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some of these really aren't bad habits.

There's nothing wrong with having one hand on the wheel or crossing arms or any of that crap.
Tofufi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by DirtyHarry)
Some of these really aren't bad habits.

There's nothing wrong with having one hand on the wheel or crossing arms or any of that crap.
If you have an airbag, crossing your arms isn't really advisable...
DirtyHarry
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Real men don't need airbags.
zmaricz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tofufi)
If you have an airbag, crossing your arms isn't really advisable...

airbag? what's one of those....?! :laughing:

next you'll be talking witch craft with ABS, Power Steering and Air Con...... :rolleyes:
Bavarian Motor Works
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
But the palm steer is a classic
Rascalov
Report 10 years ago
If I'm driving with any of my friends or my girlfriend they tend to ignore these, but if I drive my mum anywhere I get ear ache for driving with one hand, spitting chewing gum out of the window, if anyone cuts me up then I tend to give them a huge blast of the horn until they move out of the way, and flash them the middle finger as I go past. I also race people from traffic lights sometimes. However I can't drive at the moment. My cars being repaired after my neighbours stupid yuppie friend reversed her Range Rover into my car whilst it was parked on the drive.
Tofufi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zmaricz)
airbag? what's one of those....?! :laughing:

next you'll be talking witch craft with ABS, Power Steering and Air Con...... :rolleyes:
I'm proud to say I've never owned a car with any of those things

I'm happy enough that my van has working heating, and even a cold air blower system which works when you're going more than 10mph

(Original post by Rascalov)
spitting chewing gum out of the window,
See, that would make me give you an earful whoever you were... it's just disgusting.
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sloaner)
Driving through a large puddle and braking the electrics on my car..

CRIES

i love driving through puddles! only the really big ones though. and if i hit a pedestrian with the water, that's just a bonus.
i also drive with one hand on the gearstick, or on my lap. i also like to put one hand out the window on a hot day.
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
-Not letting people out when I probably should.
-Putting the clutch down too early.
-Not putting handbrake on at traffic lights (I know, v.dangerous, I'm trying to remember!)
-Speeding on motorway (although who doesn't?)
-If I want to change lanes on a motorway and I see some moron speeding up so I can't I make extra effort to make sure I get out...and then drive slower than I would have done otherwise, just to wind them up.
-Generally trying to wind up people I deem to be morons.
-Doing hand signs at other drivers if they do something crappy.

Otherwise I am a good driver!
Lell
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pumpkin7)
i love driving through puddles! only the really big ones though. and if i hit a pedestrian with the water, that's just a bonus.
i also drive with one hand on the gearstick, or on my lap. i also like to put one hand out the window on a hot day.
Ooh I love playing soak the pedestrian!! (although I hate it when it happens to me).

I also don't drive with my hands in the 10 to 2 position, more like 25 past 5!
obsession
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bavarian Motor Works)
But the palm steer is a classic
Yeah, i do that too, so much more convenient.
The Hitchhiker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Tofufi)
Yes, but modern engines with ECUs cut ALL petrol going through the engine when you remove your foot from the accelerator in gear. If you put the clutch down, the ECU has to put petrol through the engine to keep it running.

If you have an old engine, before modern ECUs came into play, then you may be right. What car are we talking about?
Thank god someone knows about cars on here!
Friggerpants
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by pumpkin7)

For me, that'd be a real bad habbit, due to my Air intake being low in the bumper.

Hydrolock FTL.

My personal bad habbit is window down at every tunnel, and pressing the loud pedal, I love the sound haha!
strick
Report 10 years ago
Palm steering, and driving fast when it's not needed (only in national speed limit areas). My personal habit is when there's a number on the sign, do that speed. When there's just a black line on a white background, they couldn't be arsed to tell me how fast to go so I go as fast as I like.

I personally don't think they are bad habits but the coppers have other ideas...
obsession
Report 10 years ago
Palm steering is so hot when guys do that :o:
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Friggerpants)
For me, that'd be a real bad habbit, due to my Air intake being low in the bumper.

Hydrolock FTL.

My personal bad habbit is window down at every tunnel, and pressing the loud pedal, I love the sound haha!
ah see, i am lucky. air intake on a pug is nicely nestled on the drivers side at the top :p:
InArduisFouette
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
-BGOL
- no having two hands on the wheel when i should
- owning the roadwhen driving marked vehicles but not on the bell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed