Are Students really all Drug Users? Watch

philosophy_kid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by electriic_ink)
Well, if I were to go out and try drugs today because of what you've said today then I'd still be doing that out of believing what I've heard.

And sorry, but no. You'd be doing it because you have heard both sides of the story, and you have made a balanced and unbias decision yourself.
stim90
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
its what its al about i do weed and pills sometimes but i seen people on ket, mdma. end of the day you only have this experience once.
kingofgods
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
crackheads
ssadi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lagerized)
Without trying to highlight the student stereotypes of Drug Abuse, it is likely that a fair amount of Students ( and so a fair amount of students posting in these forums ), are drug users. Commonly, it'll be Cannabis, but of course Ecstacy, Cocaine, Magic Mushrooms, are also fairly acceptable student drugs. What I wanted to know was whether the stereotype that students are drug users is true? Don't come into this thread then criticise it. If you don't like it, then leave. So come on, own up ladies and gentleman.
I even shun tea.
philosophy_kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
If anyone's interested in the experiences encountered on various drugs gimmi a shout - I have a large sound library of Terence McKenna lectures/talks.
milliondollarcorpse
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I regularly smoke cannabis, and I have mates who often do coke and E too. Basically, there are quite a lot of students who do drugs
10Trix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think it all comes down to peoples opinions, and everybody should respects others opinions.
Alcohol: Alcohol is actually poisonous to us, Its also addictive and takes hold of peoples life. People become dependent on alcohol. Verdict: Legal!!!!!

Cannabis: Recent studies show possible effects on mental health. Not-addictive (though this is not to say people do not become dependent on it) Cannabis has never been blamed as a sole reason for death. Verdict: Illegal

Alcohol is more toxic than cannabis, but legal, 80% + of students regularly consume alcohol to toxic levels, 80% of people in this thread have denounced cannabis.
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Most "drugs" are somewhat bad for you and unnecessary, that includes Alcohol, Caffeine and Tobacco. But that won't stop people from doing them as they please. Not everyone does, and personally if I were to find anyone doing anything beyond cigarettes or maybe a small amount of hash in my house/flat at uni, I'd chuck them out on the street, but that's just me.
philosophy_kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by RightSaidJames)
Most "drugs" are somewhat bad for you and unnecessary, that includes Alcohol, Caffeine and Tobacco. But that won't stop people from doing them as they please. Not everyone does, and personally if I were to find anyone doing anything beyond cigarettes or maybe a small amount of hash in my house/flat at uni, I'd chuck them out on the street, but that's just me.
From your own profile: Apologies. I get increasingly witty and sarcastic/flippant the longer I go without sleep and/or the more caffeine I have. Self-abuse method of choice: cans of Diet Coke.

Mebbe yoy should have a joint.Chills ya out lol!

Peace Out x
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by philosophy_kid)
From your own profile: Apologies. I get increasingly witty and sarcastic/flippant the longer I go without sleep and/or the more caffeine I have. Self-abuse method of choice: cans of Diet Coke.
Well observed my friend. Guess I'm a druggie too. :woo:
History Lost in Physics
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Nothing but cannabis - that only very rarely. I passed gcse english because of cannabis so it does do good!
philosophy_kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well observed my friend. Guess I'm a druggie too. :woo:
I also saw that you like classical music. Could ya help me solve a dilemma?

Handel - Apollo e dafne.

I've got a few recordings and the orchestral score. But when I try and play from score on a piano it sounds a semi-tone above the recording.

I tried all the recordings, it isn't them. It also isn't the transposition for the instruments.

WTF.... any help would be sweet!

sounds: itunes store... free examples
score: http://www.grunin.com/Handel/index.htm.... get the pdf for italian cantatas part 2

Peace x

ps. apologies for the off-topicness
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by History Lost in Physics)
Nothing but cannabis - that only very rarely. I passed gcse english because of cannabis so it does do good!
^ This is me ^ :yep:
History Lost in Physics
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trefusis128)
^ This is me ^ :yep:
Oooh yeah :yep:

We are living proof that at least one government policy is wrong; but is it GCSE standards or the ill-effects of drugs ?
History Lost in Physics
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Handel - Apollo e dafne.

I've got a few recordings and the orchestral score. But when I try and play the score it sounds a semi-tone above the recording.

I tried all the recordings, it isn't them. It also isn't the transposition for the instruments.

score: http://www.grunin.com/Handel/index.htm.... get the pdf for italian cantatas part 2

Peace x

Have you tried different the different equalizers? I found that I had to change them all to 'electronic' on my ipod or all the classical music sounded awful
philosophy_kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Have you tried different the different equalizers? I found that I had to change them all to 'electronic' on my ipod or all the classical music sounded awful
Thanks for the input, but probs not. Its the tone that's out, not the quality.
trefusis128
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oooh yeah :yep:

We are living proof that at least one government policy is wrong; but is it GCSE standards or the ill-effects of drugs ?
They need to get the pass rate stats somehow- instead of having a banana and orange juice in the morning, it's the government responsibility to supply weed
History Lost in Physics
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by trefusis128)
They need to get the pass rate stats somehow- instead of having a banana and orange juice in the morning, it's the government responsibility to supply weed
Judging by the tuition fees the universities want to start charging; I imagine they're going to start implimenting that policy within a year :p:
RightSaidJames
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

Handel - Apollo e dafne.

I've got a few recordings and the orchestral score. But when I try and play from score on a piano it sounds a semi-tone above the recording.

Peace x

Hmmm.... perhaps, over the 400 years or so, someone decided that the cantatas sound better transposed up a semitone, but to be honest I don't know.
philosophy_kid
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmmm.... perhaps, over the 400 years or so, someone decided that the cantatas sound better transposed up a semitone, but to be honest I don't know.
Doh! Ahhhh well thnx any ways man
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (55)
98.21%
No (1)
1.79%

Watched Threads