Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    "I'm telling on you"
    "Why?"
    "Because you licked my lolly and never said sorry, that's why I'm telling on you"

That's the only one of that sort of thing I remember being used at my school.

ReputationRep:
    Cops and Robbers!

ReputationRep:
    In my school we played:
    Tag (Tick),
    Bulldog,
    Duck Duck Goose,
    Grandmother's footsteps
    What's the time, Mr Wolf?
    Hopscotch.

That's all I can remember.

ReputationRep:
    Kiss Chase! Even in primary school I went after the lasses.

ReputationRep:
    "my name is high, low chicka low,
    chicka low, high, low,
    high, low, chicka low,
    chicka low, HIGH!"
    (there was hand clapping bit that went with it lol)

"apples on a stick they make me sick,
    they make my heart beat to 46,
    not beacuse you're dirty,
    not because you're clean,
    but because you kissed the boy behind the magazine,
    boys boys have all the fun,
    here comes the boy with the big fat bum,
    he can wiggle he can waggle he can even do the splits,
    but i bet you 10 bucks he cant do this,
    close your eyes and count to ten and if you mess it up,
    you're a bit fat hen!"
    (and then there was a weird little counting bit that followed)

there was also a jumping game with those rope things and the rhyme was:
    "england, ireland, scotland, wales,
    inside, outside, ON THE RAILS!"
    whatever the hell that means.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    The farmers in his den?
    Yes

ReputationRep:
    lol! british bulldog got banned at my school as too many kids were being hurt, also we used to play a game called ABC usually it was the boys chasing the girls and when they caught them the girls would have to pick A B or C (the options had been decided by the boys at the start of the game) for example: A= random dare B= cuddle C= kiss! we were playing it one day and my friend got caught the boy grabbed both her coat collar and her earring and well you can guess the rest..... Question: why was it, when someone got hurt there was always loads of kids wanting to 'chum you in' to the school nurses office?
    i didnt got to a rough school HONEST

ReputationRep:
    We used to play boys catch girls/ girls catch boys, one year it turned very serious because we played every day and kept a running score. Loads of people fell out or got "fired" from the game for cheating, it got banned eventually! Bulldog got banned aswell so we kept changing the name to sharky, catchys ect.

We used to sing...
    on top of spaghetti
    all covered in cheese
    i shot my poor teacher
    with a blue rubber band
    some went to her funeral
    some went to her grave
    some threw roses
    i threw a granade

oh such a lovely song!

ReputationRep:
    I remember clapping games & weird dance games
    Like these ones.

I'm a sexy, sexy Texas girl,
    and I come from a landscape far away
    I can do, I can do the hula hoo
    when the Indians come to town.
    There's a boy over there and he winked his eye.
    He said I love you, but he tells a lie.
    His hair ain't curly, and his shoes don't shine.
    He ain't got the money so he ain't mine.
    The girls wear red white blue,
    and the boys say 'We love you'
    and the kids say 'yuck yuck yuck'
    when the cowboys come to town.
    Yee ha.

and..
    Si si, my bonnie,
    I cannot play with you
    My sister's got the flu
    Chicken pox and measles too.
    Roll down the drainpipe
    Onto the kitchen floor/Into the alleyway
    Where you'll be happy
    For ever more, more, shut that door.

Children's games are really weird.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecaterpillar)
    I remember clapping games & weird dance gamesLike these ones.I'm a sexy, sexy Texas girl,and I come from a landscape far awayI can do, I can do the hula hoowhen the Indians come to town.There's a boy over there and he winked his eye.He said I love you, but he tells a lie.His hair ain't curly, and his shoes don't shine.He ain't got the money so he ain't mine.The girls wear red white blue,and the boys say 'We love you'and the kids say 'yuck yuck yuck'when the cowboys come to town.Yee ha.and..Si si, my bonnie,I cannot play with youMy sister's got the fluChicken pox and measles too.Roll down the drainpipeOnto the kitchen floor/Into the alleywayWhere you'll be happyFor ever more, more, shut that door.Children's games are really weird.

wow! blast from the past, i loved that game, did anyone else play elastics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    The big ship sailed on the alley-alley-o,
    The alley-alley-o, the alley-alley-o,
    The big ship sailed on the alley-alley-o
    On the last day of September.

I'm sure there were more verses than that but I can't remember them now.
    That's the one! Our year sixes (sixs?) used to teach it to the little kids when they needed shorter people to play. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone here play blind man's buff?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crystaltips)

wow! blast from the past, i loved that game, did anyone else play elastics?
    Is elastics the game where two people stand facing each other with a huge rubber band or something similar wrapped round their ankles and they have to make patterns and jump up and down (I'm not explaining this very well!) while chanting a rhyme? If so, I think officially it's called French skipping.

ReputationRep:
    thats the one! you learn something new everyday i didnt know it was called french skipping! Cheers Kew!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elziebelzie)

there was also a jumping game with those rope things and the rhyme was:
    "england, ireland, scotland, wales,
    inside, outside, ON THE RAILS!"
    whatever the hell that means.....
    Wasn't 'on the rails' when you jumped on the rope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    Wasn't 'on the rails' when you jumped on the rope?
    We said 'inside, outside, inside, on' instead of 'on the rails'...but that one rhymes better so it makes more sense.

There was that really weird rhyme about Cinderella having snake-babies or something. And we used to do French skipping or normal skipping and say rhymes about who you were going to marry...like, you'd chant through the letters of the alphabet while skipping, and the one you tripped or stopped on would be the letter your husband's name would begin with. xD

ReputationRep:
    I liked:

Australia
    The parachute game! I forget what it's called, but it was heaps fun And then run under the parachute and try to get to the other side before it collapsed.

Looking for yabbies (we'd find them, store them in a little jar until our teacher told us to put them back in!)

Canada (I spent two years in Canada around the age of 12 because of a parents job):
    Marbles. Marbles would the THROWN into the air, awaing us to pick up as many as we could! This one seemed kinda pointless to me, but it was always fun lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kew)
    Is elastics the game where two people stand facing each other with a huge rubber band or something similar wrapped round their ankles and they have to make patterns and jump up and down (I'm not explaining this very well!) while chanting a rhyme? If so, I think officially it's called French skipping.
    Oh thanks for reminding me about this, yes - played it too :p:

As well as the string one which was played in ones hands, involved knots. Forget it's official name

ReputationRep:
    Bulldog was banned. Other games- Red Letter Yellow Letter, The Witches Well, What time is it Mister Wolf, Simon Says, the IRA (this involved beating people up to get their 'letter' out of them, also banned), Mother May I and eh chasing. Skipping too was huge, everyone would play. Best ryhmes were 'My mother and your mother were hanging out the clothes, my mother gave your mother a box on the nose, What colour was the blood? Red, green etc.' and 'Cinderella, dressed in yella went upstairs to meet her fella, by mistake she kissed a snake, how many doctors did it take, 1, 2, 3..' There was also a sort of group game where the rhyme was 'Ching chang Chinamen sitting on a fence, tryna make a dollar out of 55 cents, he missed, he missed, he missed like this- I foget the rest of it. Elastics too, that was fun. The rhyme for that was 'England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, inside, outside, on the scales.' No rails for us!

Clapping games, 'I went into the bakers shop to buy a loaf of BREAD BREAD BREAD, he wrapped it up in a 5 pind note and this is what he SAID SAID SAID, My..name..is Andy Pandy sugar and candy, tipsy toesy, roly poly sitting in the back seat, drinking all the pepsi, boys go woo woo girls go WOO!' and another one started 'Down by the alley..something about a brother getting a smack?. I LOVED primary school. Might be the same ryhme- Down by the bam bushes, under the sea..? Johnny got a smacking and he blamed it on me' yeah it is the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danni_bella)
    As well as the string one which was played in ones hands, involved knots. Forget it's official name
    It's called cat's cradle over here, not sure if it's called that in Australia though!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 23, 2018
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.