Turn on thread page Beta

The 'getting fit for Christmas' thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Being serious here: is it actually that hard to not eat chocolate? i went from 4 bars a week to 0, and a bag of crisps a day to 0, all cold turkey, i find it easier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SubGrappling)
    Being serious here: is it actually that hard to not eat chocolate? i went from 4 bars a week to 0, and a bag of crisps a day to 0, all cold turkey, i find it easier.
    It is hard when tears are threatening and you know that an almost fool proof way to make yourself feel better quickly is chocolate. Normally, I don't eat that much of it... My emotions can be read by people that know me well by what I eat... Chewing gum and isotonic drinks - I'm feeling sick, chocolate - I feel like crying. Poached egg - I will avoid the chinese takeaway in the fridge...

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh so its more emotional eating as apposed to just REALLY liking chocolate, i dont have much experience in emotional eating so i cant really comment

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh so its more emotional eating as apposed to just REALLY liking chocolate, i dont have much experience in emotional eating so i cant really comment
    Not so much, but I just thought oh, chocolate will make sure I don't cry. Had it been celery that does that, I would've bought that. It's not exactly emotional eating, but sort of is... I dunno. My eating is seriously messed up ATM anyway. Stupid stomach bug.

ReputationRep:
    haha, whats an average days eating for you anyway? maybe i can help you out a bit with it?

ReputationRep:
    haha, whats an average days eating for you anyway? maybe i can help you out a bit with it?
    Normally it would be:
    Breakfast: Two slices of Toast
    Snack: Apple
    Lunch: Ham Sandwich x 2
    Dinner: Whatever's cooked.

(That look like barely anything, but I always eat 1500+ calories...)

But for the past two weeks it's been stupid (due to the stomach bug that's going around), so something along the lines of:
    Breakfast: toast
    Snack: either chocolate or chewing gum
    Lunch: Chewing gum
    Dinner: 1/3 of a kiddies portion of whatever's cooked

But I made sure I got enough calories through Lucozade sports drinks (which taste distgusting). Not very good as you can see, but that's mainly because when I feel sick, I don't want to eat.

Oh well. I'm over the stoach bug...Just the cold and earache now. How I love this time of year.

ReputationRep:
    aye, ughh cant imagine getting a full days calories off lucozade!, that must have sucked

ReputationRep:
    aye, ughh cant imagine getting a full days calories off lucozade!, that must have sucked
    Haha, chocolate helped too (when I felt like eating). And it was the non-fizzy stuff - I hate fizzy drinks. Actually, compared with my friends who had the same thing, I had it very easy lol. Of course, being ill means I'm tired and I really want to go to the gym tomorrow but I'm so tired (doesn't matter how much sleep I get), have tests to revise for and have suddenly discovered I can no longer do maths.

So walking to the gym (30 mins), exercising (60 mins), walking back (30) will take up half of my free time tomorrow, and I have to go see various teachers... Fuuuun. Meh, I'm still going to the gym. It would just be better if I didn't have to walk there (say, join the one in school, which is rubbish).

I WILL be a size 8 by Christmas.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm going to go cold turkey. It's all or nothing for me...never 'just a bit' so it's best to give it up. I imagine it might be tricky at first but meh, I'll just have to be strong lol. I've given up chocolate before-2 years ago I didn't eat a single piece of chocolate for over 2 months. If you don't have it for a while you forget how good it is

I'm not gymming today because of a sore knee which I think needs a bit of a rest.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a very god day today:

Breakfast: 1.5 slices of toast + butter
    Snack: Apple (before gym) banana (after gym)
    Lunch: jacket potato and tuna

Exercise: 25 minutes walking to gym, 60 minutes in gym, 25 minutes walking back to school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)

Exercise: 25 minutes walking to gym, 60 minutes in gym, 25 minutes walking back to school.
    i hope your having another meal later :P

ReputationRep:
    I can finally bench 2 plates on incline for reps - woo woo

(ok it was on a counter-weighted smith, so actually 80kg but shh)

ReputationRep:
    i hope your having another meal later :P
    I would keel over if I didn't! Has 2 more slices of toast (essential when battling with maths) and some curry. Still a good day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steffi.alexa)

the days not over, hold on tight.

ReputationRep:
    Had a good day!Woop woo!

Stuck to 1500 calories-although I am a little bit hungry now, I know it's because I'm used to eating about 500 cals more. Going to bed soon so I am sure I will cope!

ReputationRep:
    YAY really good day!
    Had: Bran flakes, apple, salad box that had salad and pasta in, 45g dairy milk bar, veggie burger and chips and a little bit of mousse.

Thats a good day to day, and i felt like more dairy milk but i resisted!!!!

ReputationRep:
    We should have a 3 month tranformation competition. Everyone should post current pics with stats and then again on christmas or new years. Would be great for motivation but I doubt any one would actually post pics, which is understanding.

ReputationRep:
    All girls need to post pics.

It will be good for motivation....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    All girls need to post pics.

It will be good for motivation....
    I'd post pics now and three months later, but I doubt there'd be much difference. It's been three months since I took the last lot, so I'm going to take more soon anyway. Mind you, a lot of perves seem to appear when pics are posted...

ReputationRep:
    weighed myself this morning for the first time in a month and i havent put weight on!!!! yipppeeee! well happy!
    I'm 9 stone 3.5lbs, which means I have 1 stone 3.5lbs to lose.
    Today i have walked 3.5 miles already and had bran flakes. I will have an apple soonish and then a jacket potato for lunch. May have a bit of chocolate mid afternoon. Then tea will be something like lasagne and a small pudding of some sort. I cant get out of that as im at my grandparents. Then i plan to eat nothing else. But do some dance practice later!
    Have a nice day xxx

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.